FT Online MBA Ranking 2015?

maury

Hey, does anybody know if the FT is going to update its online MBA ranking for 2015? Or is it a biennial ranking? I can't seem to find any info about it on the FT website.

Hey, does anybody know if the FT is going to update its online MBA ranking for 2015? Or is it a biennial ranking? I can't seem to find any info about it on the FT website.
Duncan

Use Google to search for FT Rankings Timetable and click on the first link.

Use Google to search for FT Rankings Timetable and click on the first link.

maury

Ah, there it is. Looks like it will be published this month, in case anybody else is interested.

Ah, there it is. Looks like it will be published this month, in case anybody else is interested.
jimshui

I have sent FT an email to ask but they said that they had updated the Global MBA ranking 2015 in Jan and asked me to refer to that ranking. They didn't explain further whether online MBA ranking would be released in March. So, I won't expect the online MBA ranking will be released in March this year.

[Edited by jimshui on Mar 05, 2015]

I have sent FT an email to ask but they said that they had updated the Global MBA ranking 2015 in Jan and asked me to refer to that ranking. They didn't explain further whether online MBA ranking would be released in March. So, I won't expect the online MBA ranking will be released in March this year.
Duncan

I am taking bets that they will stick to their published schedule, and that they did not give you a considered reply because you are not buying advertising. They sell a lot of advertising with rankings, and there's reason for them to drop them.

I am taking bets that they will stick to their published schedule, and that they did not give you a considered reply because you are not buying advertising. They sell a lot of advertising with rankings, and there's reason for them to drop them.
jimshui

Released as follows:

http://rankings.ft.com/exportranking/online-mba-ranking-2015/pdf

Released as follows:

http://rankings.ft.com/exportranking/online-mba-ranking-2015/pdf

Open University is out, as is Thunderbird. Massachussets Amherst - Isenberg is a new addition, as is Florida International University: Chapman. Otherwise pretty much the same as last year.

Given that and the fact that there are only 15 schools included, this ranking is really not that interesting. I'd prefer to see it rank at least 50 programs, given how many accredited online MBA programs there are just in the US.

I guess for people who choose to do the online MBAs from IE and Warwick, it's a great validation, so there is that.

Open University is out, as is Thunderbird. Massachussets Amherst - Isenberg is a new addition, as is Florida International University: Chapman. Otherwise pretty much the same as last year.

Given that and the fact that there are only 15 schools included, this ranking is really not that interesting. I'd prefer to see it rank at least 50 programs, given how many accredited online MBA programs there are just in the US.

I guess for people who choose to do the online MBAs from IE and Warwick, it's a great validation, so there is that.
maury

Thunderbird's out because that school doesn't offer MBA programs anymore. It merged with ASU Carey, whose online MBA program is currently ranked 12th on this list.

Thunderbird's out because that school doesn't offer MBA programs anymore. It merged with ASU Carey, whose online MBA program is currently ranked 12th on this list.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Madrid, Spain 105 Followers 34 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom (UK) 82 Followers 95 Discussions
Glendale, Arizona 22 Followers 15 Discussions
Amherst, Massachusetts 11 Followers 21 Discussions
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (UK) 10 Followers 17 Discussions

Other Related Content

The Power of the Online MBA

Article Feb 03, 2020

A whole host of schools are rolling out Online MBA programs this fall – but do the advantages of online outweigh the disadvantages?