Top colleges MBA India

amydecia

Please name some of the top colleges for doing MBA in India?

ArunS

ISB Indian School of Business
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA)
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)

Please not that all those schools don't offer an MBA but PGPs.

ISB Indian School of Business
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA)
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)

Please not that all those schools don't offer an MBA but PGPs.
Duncan

I used Google (why didn't you? I am curious) and found
http://media2.intoday.in/microsites/bt/B-schoolsoverall/index.html and http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/features/corporate-dossier/et-business-school-ranking-the-top-50/articleshow/8017876.cms

I used Google (why didn't you? I am curious) and found
http://media2.intoday.in/microsites/bt/B-schoolsoverall/index.html and http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/features/corporate-dossier/et-business-school-ranking-the-top-50/articleshow/8017876.cms
ezra

A few others:

JP Jain
Management Development Institute (MDI) - has a good program in energy
T. A. Pai Management Institute

But really, for an internationally-respected degree, ISB and IIMA cannot be beat.

A few others:

JP Jain
Management Development Institute (MDI) - has a good program in energy
T. A. Pai Management Institute

But really, for an internationally-respected degree, ISB and IIMA cannot be beat.
msmkhana

I want to add anther college named Metropolitan School of Management, listed in top ranked in India's Premier Business School

I want to add anther college named Metropolitan School of Management, listed in top ranked in India's Premier Business School
Duncan

Can you find a link to that ranking? What is the organisation which published it?

Metropolitan cannot head any serious ranking of Indian schools: For a better example consider http://www.mbauniverse.com/BSchoolRanking2011/mba-rankings-comparative-business-school-rankings.php

Can you find a link to that ranking? What is the organisation which published it?

Metropolitan cannot head any serious ranking of Indian schools: For a better example consider http://www.mbauniverse.com/BSchoolRanking2011/mba-rankings-comparative-business-school-rankings.php
msmkhana

Very difficult to decide which college is the best MBA college in India, unless visit its campus and classroom.

While I searching top MBA college in internet, found IIM and MSM. Both colleges I've visited. IIM is good but the course fee is high where Metropolitan School of Management is perfect due to its affordable course fee and paying structure. Personally I have spent time its classroom. The environment is better compare to other Noida management college.

Very difficult to decide which college is the best MBA college in India, unless visit its campus and classroom.

While I searching top MBA college in internet, found IIM and MSM. Both colleges I've visited. IIM is good but the course fee is high where Metropolitan School of Management is perfect due to its affordable course fee and paying structure. Personally I have spent time its classroom. The environment is better compare to other Noida management college.
Duncan

The rankings are very useful guides. It's not only the environment which matters, but also the education and the placement outcomes. High fees generally indicate quality and much better outcomes. You'll get the best return on your investment from going to a well known college. If you need to stay around Noida then like BIMTECH, NIILM-CMS, Jaipuria and a few other schools all have better outcomes.

The rankings are very useful guides. It's not only the environment which matters, but also the education and the placement outcomes. High fees generally indicate quality and much better outcomes. You'll get the best return on your investment from going to a well known college. If you need to stay around Noida then like BIMTECH, NIILM-CMS, Jaipuria and a few other schools all have better outcomes.
Inactive User

What are we talking about?

I live in New Delhi, and my office is 2 blocks away from Jaipuria - Noida.

For doing MBA in India, best colleges are IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, MDI, XLRI. There are FMS, SP Jain, Narsee Monjee, IIM-L, IMT also.

BIMTECH, Jaipuria etc. feature in Tier 5/6. Usually people with higher CAT/XAT scores tend to apply to IIMs, MDI, SPJain etc.

Students with lower CAT and little work experience tend to settle for BIMTECH or Jaipuria. After Tier 1/2 colleges. Tier 3/4/5/6 colleges are several in number in India and are MBA mass production machines. If you are serious about your education, you'll better wait another year to give the CAT again.

If you do your MBA from Tier 4/5/6 colleges, it doesnt really matter which college you do it from

Ayon

What are we talking about?

I live in New Delhi, and my office is 2 blocks away from Jaipuria - Noida.

For doing MBA in India, best colleges are IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, MDI, XLRI. There are FMS, SP Jain, Narsee Monjee, IIM-L, IMT also.

BIMTECH, Jaipuria etc. feature in Tier 5/6. Usually people with higher CAT/XAT scores tend to apply to IIMs, MDI, SPJain etc.

Students with lower CAT and little work experience tend to settle for BIMTECH or Jaipuria. After Tier 1/2 colleges. Tier 3/4/5/6 colleges are several in number in India and are MBA mass production machines. If you are serious about your education, you'll better wait another year to give the CAT again.

If you do your MBA from Tier 4/5/6 colleges, it doesnt really matter which college you do it from

Ayon
msmkhana

Hello Ayon, I am agreed with you. Student who are willing to do MBA from Tier 4/5/6 colleges, for them ranking is not matter but they should know their faculty and environment details. I mean their faculty qualifications and where from their faculty graduated. This two things is more important while choosing 4/5/6 tier management colleges.

Hello Ayon, I am agreed with you. Student who are willing to do MBA from Tier 4/5/6 colleges, for them ranking is not matter but they should know their faculty and environment details. I mean their faculty qualifications and where from their faculty graduated. This two things is more important while choosing 4/5/6 tier management colleges.
Inactive User

?Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended? ? Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam is a name that needs no introduction, a scientist and leader, the man has played multifaceted roles while being a crucial architect of modern India. With his unique ideologies and leadership skills, he has connected with the young India in a way that no one else could do.

Needless to say, it will be a unique opportunity for management students to interact with a personality of such stature. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam will address the students of Bengal Institute of Business Studies on 17th of January 2013 at Indian Museum Auditorium. Students from reputed colleges across Kolkata are expected to join the event. The young management aspirants of the city will, hence, get a chance to listen to the missile man of India. Dr. Kalam, is a man who not only inspires, but also aspires to succeed . After all, MBA is not just about the degree one gains, but also the values that an individual takes home.

As a visionary, he once said, ?if you salute your work, you do not have to salute anybody. However, if you pollute your work, you have to salute everybody?.

After the main speech, students will be allowed to interact with Dr. Kalam, which will be a rare opportunity for them.

?Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended? ? Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam is a name that needs no introduction, a scientist and leader, the man has played multifaceted roles while being a crucial architect of modern India. With his unique ideologies and leadership skills, he has connected with the young India in a way that no one else could do.

Needless to say, it will be a unique opportunity for management students to interact with a personality of such stature. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam will address the students of Bengal Institute of Business Studies on 17th of January 2013 at Indian Museum Auditorium. Students from reputed colleges across Kolkata are expected to join the event. The young management aspirants of the city will, hence, get a chance to listen to the missile man of India. Dr. Kalam, is a man who not only inspires, but also aspires to succeed . After all, MBA is not just about the degree one gains, but also the values that an individual takes home.

As a visionary, he once said, ?if you salute your work, you do not have to salute anybody. However, if you pollute your work, you have to salute everybody?.

After the main speech, students will be allowed to interact with Dr. Kalam, which will be a rare opportunity for them.
realist

and he doesn't have an MBA. May be that's why he is a great visionary :-)

and he doesn't have an MBA. May be that's why he is a great visionary :-)

There are lot of best engineering colleges in india for doing MBA because I'm also doing MBA in engineering college now..You can do MBA from following colleges....

Lovely Professional University & College
Gulzar Group of Institutes
IGNOU

<blockquote>Please name some of the top colleges for doing MBA in India?</blockquote>

There are lot of <b>best engineering colleges in india</b> for doing MBA because I'm also doing MBA in engineering college now..You can do MBA from following colleges....

Lovely Professional University & College
<b>Gulzar Group of Institutes</b>
IGNOU

ralph

I wouldn't do an MBA from any of these "institutions."

Even in India, I'd only do an MBA from a university accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS. So really the only options are:

ISB
The IIMs
SP Jain
Management Development Institute in Gurgaon
TA Pai Management Institute in Manipal

Go outside of these and you're going to have a bad time.

I wouldn't do an MBA from any of these "institutions."

Even in India, I'd only do an MBA from a university accredited by AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS. So really the only options are:

ISB
The IIMs
SP Jain
Management Development Institute in Gurgaon
TA Pai Management Institute in Manipal

Go outside of these and you're going to have a bad time.
msmkhana

Hello ralph,

Thanks for putting you opinion. Do you know today India is growing country and known as the world top 3rd country for education.

Every year thousands of foreign student comes here to complete the management degree because in India they quality education in affordable price.

This type of facilities you couldn't get any corner of the world.

Hello ralph,

Thanks for putting you opinion. Do you know today India is growing country and known as the world top 3rd country for education.

Every year thousands of foreign student comes here to complete the management degree because in India they quality education in affordable price.

This type of facilities you couldn't get any corner of the world.
ralph

I am not sure what you're getting at. Thousands of students come to the US each year to study at higher education institutions. Sometimes though, these institutions are not worth going to because the academic standards are low, or they're just out to make a profit.

That's why I always recommend to potential MBA applicants that they should look for schools accredited by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS. This factor makes it easy to filter the good schools from the bad. It's true for US-based business schools, and it's true for schools in India as well.

I am not sure what you're getting at. Thousands of students come to the US each year to study at higher education institutions. Sometimes though, these institutions are not worth going to because the academic standards are low, or they're just out to make a profit.

That's why I always recommend to potential MBA applicants that they should look for schools accredited by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS. This factor makes it easy to filter the good schools from the bad. It's true for US-based business schools, and it's true for schools in India as well.
Devkant

Dear Sir,
I am B.E. in Industrial & Production Engineering. I passed out in 2003. Currently I am working as a Project Control Engineer in Oil & Gas Field.
Now after 10 Years I want to upgrade myself and planning to go for MBA/EMBA.
Please guide me in Dubai which one will be better for me XLRI or SP Jain. Also Which field of MBA will give me more career growth? I am planning for Operation Management.
Please guide me.
Regards,
Devkant

Dear Sir,
I am B.E. in Industrial & Production Engineering. I passed out in 2003. Currently I am working as a Project Control Engineer in Oil & Gas Field.
Now after 10 Years I want to upgrade myself and planning to go for MBA/EMBA.
Please guide me in Dubai which one will be better for me XLRI or SP Jain. Also Which field of MBA will give me more career growth? I am planning for Operation Management.
Please guide me.
Regards,
Devkant
Duncan

Try this: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Try this: How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
ezra

The SP Jain program is good, but generally aimed at students with less work experience than you have (the EMBA draws students with 8-10 years of experience.) However, since it sounds like you are looking for a career shift, perhaps the MBA would be more appropriate for you. SP Jain offers a specialization in logistics and supply chain, which you might want to check out if you want to go into operations management.

You're probably aware that there are a number of other MBAs and EMBAs in Dubai though, right? Cass, Hult, LBS, etc. And the American University of Sharjah is not far. Read this:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/669/a-global-destination-mba-programs-in-dubai

<blockquote>
</blockquote>
The SP Jain program is good, but generally aimed at students with less work experience than you have (the EMBA draws students with 8-10 years of experience.) However, since it sounds like you are looking for a career shift, perhaps the MBA would be more appropriate for you. SP Jain offers a specialization in logistics and supply chain, which you might want to check out if you want to go into operations management.

You're probably aware that there are a number of other MBAs and EMBAs in Dubai though, right? Cass, Hult, LBS, etc. And the American University of Sharjah is not far. Read this:

http://www.find-mba.com/article/669/a-global-destination-mba-programs-in-dubai
Duncan

IOA accreditation is worthless. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unrecognized_higher_education_accreditation_organizations#I and http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/putting-fake-diplomas-through-third-degree/story-e6frgcjx-1226164316429?nk=aae657f54eb1267fd52df5a06effef0f

IOA accreditation is worthless. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unrecognized_higher_education_accreditation_organizations#I and http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/putting-fake-diplomas-through-third-degree/story-e6frgcjx-1226164316429?nk=aae657f54eb1267fd52df5a06effef0f

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hyderabad, India 22 Followers 86 Discussions
Ahmedabad, India 11 Followers 78 Discussions
Bangalore, India 7 Followers 50 Discussions
Mumbai, India 9 Followers 32 Discussions
Gurgaon, India 2 Followers 14 Discussions
Manipal, India 3 Followers 4 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

What’s Next for India’s Business Schools?

Article Oct 22, 2014

The country’s b-schools are getting the world’s attention, but international students there still face challenges

Hot Discussions