Tel Aviv - Sofaer or international MBA?

Yonatha86

Hi everybody,

I am from Tel Aviv and I will do an MBA beginning next year. It seems that the only decent English MBA in the country is the Sofaer MBA at Tel Aviv. I believe it has a good reputation.

However, I am also considering doing my MBA abroad, in either Europe or in the US. I am looking at the following schools:

IE Business School (Spain)
UCLA Anderson (US, California)
SDA Bocconi (Italy)
Georgetown (US, DC)

If I did this, I would most likely stay for several years and work internationally, before returning to Israel.

Can anybody add any insight on which of these routes would provide the best career advancement for me? I work in logistics now, but I am not stuck to this field.

Hi everybody,

I am from Tel Aviv and I will do an MBA beginning next year. It seems that the only decent English MBA in the country is the Sofaer MBA at Tel Aviv. I believe it has a good reputation.

However, I am also considering doing my MBA abroad, in either Europe or in the US. I am looking at the following schools:

IE Business School (Spain)
UCLA Anderson (US, California)
SDA Bocconi (Italy)
Georgetown (US, DC)

If I did this, I would most likely stay for several years and work internationally, before returning to Israel.

Can anybody add any insight on which of these routes would provide the best career advancement for me? I work in logistics now, but I am not stuck to this field.
Duncan

Why not use the FT ranking and pick the school that provides the best international mobility?

Of course, Italian or Spanish will be needed in Italy or Spain. Read Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

PS also read Tips from a European top 10 MBA in the US http://www.find-mba.com/board/39577

Why not use the FT ranking and pick the school that provides the best international mobility?

Of course, Italian or Spanish will be needed in Italy or Spain. Read Do you need to speak the local language? www.find-mba.com/board/34713

PS also read Tips from a European top 10 MBA in the US http://www.find-mba.com/board/39577
ralph

That's sort of a broad range of schools you're looking at. If I were you I would narrow it down by a) where you'd like to live and work for a couple years, and b) by the languages you speak. Like Duncan mentioned, it's more challenging to work in Spain and Italy without speaking Spanish or Italian.

However, the Sofaer MBA is good, and well-regarded regionally. You wouldn't get the international experience though, so you'll have to decide how valuable that is for you.

That's sort of a broad range of schools you're looking at. If I were you I would narrow it down by a) where you'd like to live and work for a couple years, and b) by the languages you speak. Like Duncan mentioned, it's more challenging to work in Spain and Italy without speaking Spanish or Italian.

However, the Sofaer MBA is good, and well-regarded regionally. You wouldn't get the international experience though, so you'll have to decide how valuable that is for you.

Hey any updates? I also want to do my MBA but I'm not sure whether I want to stay in Israel or not... I'd be interested to hear about your decision.

Hey any updates? I also want to do my MBA but I'm not sure whether I want to stay in Israel or not... I'd be interested to hear about your decision.
Yonatha86

Decided to focus on European schools. My shortlist is Insead, HEC Paris, ESMT, IE Business School, Mannheim.

Decided to focus on European schools. My shortlist is Insead, HEC Paris, ESMT, IE Business School, Mannheim.

Ok, thanks, good luck!

Ok, thanks, good luck!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Los Angeles, California 89 Followers 147 Discussions
Washington, District of Columbia 27 Followers 57 Discussions
Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions