Profile Evaluation

Hi,

I've been obsessing about whether or not to apply for the 2015 fall intake, based on my profile and the schools that I want to get into for the past year now. Could you please evaluate my profile and let me know whether I am being realistic in terms on my goals ?

GMAT : 730
Undergraduate Degree : Bachelor's in Electronics and Telecommunication Engg (Mumbai, India)
Post Undergrad Exp :
-3 years as a Systems Engineer in Infosys (Chandigarh).
-1.5 years as Sales and Marketing Associate at a small IT start up. Also, helped expand, bring in clients and start a sister company.

Extra Curricular Activities :
-Member of toastmasters.
-Volunteer at CRY
-Speak German.

I am applying for an MBA in Tech Consulting. The following are the colleges that i am looking at (in order of preference)
-Kellogg School of Management
-Chicago Booth
-University of Texas-McCombs
-Darden
-INSEAD
-DUKE
-IE

It would be great if you could tell me my odds of getting into any of these Universities with the kind of profile that i have ?

Thanks for the help
Andrew

Hi,

I've been obsessing about whether or not to apply for the 2015 fall intake, based on my profile and the schools that I want to get into for the past year now. Could you please evaluate my profile and let me know whether I am being realistic in terms on my goals ?

GMAT : 730
Undergraduate Degree : Bachelor's in Electronics and Telecommunication Engg (Mumbai, India)
Post Undergrad Exp :
-3 years as a Systems Engineer in Infosys (Chandigarh).
-1.5 years as Sales and Marketing Associate at a small IT start up. Also, helped expand, bring in clients and start a sister company.

Extra Curricular Activities :
-Member of toastmasters.
-Volunteer at CRY
-Speak German.

I am applying for an MBA in Tech Consulting. The following are the colleges that i am looking at (in order of preference)
-Kellogg School of Management
-Chicago Booth
-University of Texas-McCombs
-Darden
-INSEAD
-DUKE
-IE

It would be great if you could tell me my odds of getting into any of these Universities with the kind of profile that i have ?

Thanks for the help
Andrew
Duncan

I think you can exclude Insead immediately, and perhaps Wharton too. The others are not bad. Start to woo the schools now. Apply on the first day. Build up your non-profit and leadership experience.

I think you can exclude Insead immediately, and perhaps Wharton too. The others are not bad. Start to woo the schools now. Apply on the first day. Build up your non-profit and leadership experience.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Chicago, Illinois 42 Followers 149 Discussions
Evanston, Illinois 71 Followers 205 Discussions
Durham, North Carolina 52 Followers 103 Discussions
Austin, Texas 47 Followers 77 Discussions
Charlottesville, Virginia 27 Followers 62 Discussions
Madrid, Spain 114 Followers 368 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 72 Followers 309 Discussions

Other Related Content

Jan 11, 2024

LinkedIn Launches MBA Rankings of US Business Schools