no work experience

mahe

hi,
iam doing my b.tech.i wish to do my mba in abroad..i dnt have work experience..can i get a place in any top universities in abroad..and which ll be better for me to go,1 yr program or 2 yr program..please give ur sugessions...please...

hi,
iam doing my b.tech.i wish to do my mba in abroad..i dnt have work experience..can i get a place in any top universities in abroad..and which ll be better for me to go,1 yr program or 2 yr program..please give ur sugessions...please...
Alan

Sorry, but your questions can be answered by doing your own research. Put the "quest" back into question.

Sorry, but your questions can be answered by doing your own research. Put the "quest" back into question.
happy

What you mean by top universities, If you mean IV's then I don't think it is possible, following points are considered for admission:
1. GMAT
2.GPA
3.experience (hifi) relevant
4. essays
5. extracurricular
6.TOEFL
7.Personality (which is expressed in essays)
You need robust result in top four items to get admission in a good business school.
Other thing you need to consder is
cost
settlement after degree
hope it answers your query
happy

What you mean by top universities, If you mean IV's then I don't think it is possible, following points are considered for admission:
1. GMAT
2.GPA
3.experience (hifi) relevant
4. essays
5. extracurricular
6.TOEFL
7.Personality (which is expressed in essays)
You need robust result in top four items to get admission in a good business school.
Other thing you need to consder is
cost
settlement after degree
hope it answers your query
happy
D.jung

good check list happy - it seems some people think you can get into the best schools in the world, without the qualifications necessary! something like: hi, i have no gmat score, a bad gpa and no work experience - can i get into the best business school.

good check list happy - it seems some people think you can get into the best schools in the world, without the qualifications necessary! something like: hi, i have no gmat score, a bad gpa and no work experience - can i get into the best business school.
Duncan

IAO is not internationally acclaimed. It is a scam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unrecognized_higher_education_accreditation_organizations#I

IAO is not internationally acclaimed. It is a scam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unrecognized_higher_education_accreditation_organizations#I
ajitjoy

@Happy – Hey that is a pretty good checklist bro! I can proudly say I have been able to do well in the first four points mentioned by you – I have a good GMAT score of 750, good GPA of 9.1 (rather great) but no relevant experience in the past. I get stumped with the third point every time wherever I apply. I am sort of tired of going through the same grill where every MBA college asks for relevant experience. I want to do my MBA right away because I don’t want to lose that flow of studying. I am in that right bent of mind after Bachelors. Any good schools that take you on the basis of scores and extra-curricular and all that jazz?

@Happy – Hey that is a pretty good checklist bro! I can proudly say I have been able to do well in the first four points mentioned by you – I have a good GMAT score of 750, good GPA of 9.1 (rather great) but no relevant experience in the past. I get stumped with the third point every time wherever I apply. I am sort of tired of going through the same grill where every MBA college asks for relevant experience. I want to do my MBA right away because I don’t want to lose that flow of studying. I am in that right bent of mind after Bachelors. Any good schools that take you on the basis of scores and extra-curricular and all that jazz?
purvi

Nay, don’t think there are schools who allow that. I understand your rationale but you must go ahead and possibly work!

Nay, don’t think there are schools who allow that. I understand your rationale but you must go ahead and possibly work!
ajitjoy

Excuse me! What do you mean by saying that there are no schools who allow that? Of course there are good management institutions who take students without prior work experience. In fact most of these institutions divide courses on the basis of work experience, like a certain course for students above 3-4 years of experience and another one for below 3 years..you know something like that.

Excuse me! What do you mean by saying that there are no schools who allow that? Of course there are good management institutions who take students without prior work experience. In fact most of these institutions divide courses on the basis of work experience, like a certain course for students above 3-4 years of experience and another one for below 3 years..you know something like that.
purvi

Could you give me an example? But really good ones please! Because studying abroad is quite an investment and frankly the most critical thing for me right now is the ROI, what are the sort of returns that it will give in terms of placements. Even my parents are really concerned about it, hope you understand.

Could you give me an example? But really good ones please! Because studying abroad is quite an investment and frankly the most critical thing for me right now is the ROI, what are the sort of returns that it will give in terms of placements. Even my parents are really concerned about it, hope you understand.
ralph

An MBA is not designed for people without work experience. If a business school pitches their MBA as a good degree for people without work experience, it will be a scam, I guarantee it.

Instead, if you don't have work experience and want to do a master's-level business course, there are Masters in Management degrees, many of which do not require work experience. In Asia, the masters in management programs that are ranked in the FT include these:

Shanghai Jiao Tong University - Antai
Tongji University
IIMA
IIMC

An MBA is not designed for people without work experience. If a business school pitches their MBA as a good degree for people without work experience, it will be a scam, I guarantee it.

Instead, if you don't have work experience and want to do a master's-level business course, there are Masters in Management degrees, many of which do not require work experience. In Asia, the masters in management programs that are ranked in the FT include these:

Shanghai Jiao Tong University - Antai
Tongji University
IIMA
IIMC
Duncan

Ralph is right. Read http://www.ft.com/intl/mastersinmanagement

Ralph is right. Read http://www.ft.com/intl/mastersinmanagement
Inactive User

No top university will allow you to do that. Please research more and than try to figure out what you want, Thanks

No top university will allow you to do that. Please research more and than try to figure out what you want, Thanks

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Ahmedabad, India 11 Followers 78 Discussions
West Bengal, India 8 Followers 30 Discussions
Shanghai, China 4 Followers 8 Discussions

Other Related Content

Work Experience and the MBA: How Much is Really Necessary?

Article Aug 30, 2011

Experience isn't just about getting into business school; it's also about getting out (with a job).