MBAs in tourism

cosmo

Hey everyone, I'm coming from Australia and I'm researching programs and careers in southeast Asia for tourism management. The only ones I can seem to find are programs in Thailand and Cyprus. Anybody out there have any more info about Asian tourism programs?

Hey everyone, I'm coming from Australia and I'm researching programs and careers in southeast Asia for tourism management. The only ones I can seem to find are programs in Thailand and Cyprus. Anybody out there have any more info about Asian tourism programs?
cosmo

Just thought I'd ask again if anyone has any advice about tourism programs in Asia? Particularly southeast Asia? I assume INSEAD Singapore is good. But what about Thailand? Could be really interesting.

Just thought I'd ask again if anyone has any advice about tourism programs in Asia? Particularly southeast Asia? I assume INSEAD Singapore is good. But what about Thailand? Could be really interesting.
ralph

Thailand doesn't really have a well developed MBA scene - so I think that Singapore may be a good option. INSEAD is indeed good - and you should also check out Nanyang, which has a partnership with Cornell to offer a master's in hospitality management.

There's also a program in Malaysia offered by the University of Malaya - it's AACSB accredited and has a MBA with a focus in tourism management.

Of course, many students also opt to go to school in the US or Europe, to prepare for going to Asia after they graduate. I know ESSEC has some decent connections in Asia - and I'd assume this is the case for the better tourism programs elsewhere. The industry in Asia is really a booming market, so it would be silly if this wasn't a focus at top schools.

Thailand doesn't really have a well developed MBA scene - so I think that Singapore may be a good option. INSEAD is indeed good - and you should also check out Nanyang, which has a partnership with Cornell to offer a master's in hospitality management.

There's also a program in Malaysia offered by the University of Malaya - it's AACSB accredited and has a MBA with a focus in tourism management.

Of course, many students also opt to go to school in the US or Europe, to prepare for going to Asia after they graduate. I know ESSEC has some decent connections in Asia - and I'd assume this is the case for the better tourism programs elsewhere. The industry in Asia is really a booming market, so it would be silly if this wasn't a focus at top schools.
cosmo

Thanks Ralph, I appreciate your tips! Singapore looks like the best option for me, either INSEAD or Nanyang. I'm based in Australia, so it's a little closer to home than studying in Europe or the US, and then having coming back this way for work. Although Thailand isn't really developed for studying, I'm thinking it might make a suitable place to work in hospitality. I'm checking out the University of Malaya, but I can't seem to find the info about tourism management... ? Do you think Singapore or Malaysia is better for the MBA scene?

Thanks Ralph, I appreciate your tips! Singapore looks like the best option for me, either INSEAD or Nanyang. I'm based in Australia, so it's a little closer to home than studying in Europe or the US, and then having coming back this way for work. Although Thailand isn't really developed for studying, I'm thinking it might make a suitable place to work in hospitality. I'm checking out the University of Malaya, but I can't seem to find the info about tourism management... ? Do you think Singapore or Malaysia is better for the MBA scene?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Ithaca, New York 89 Followers 136 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 72 Followers 309 Discussions
Singapore 33 Followers 171 Discussions
Full Profile
Cergy-Pontoise, France 41 Followers 185 Discussions
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 43 Followers 15 Discussions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 5 Followers 53 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Programs in Southeast Asia: Tapping Into the Tiger Cubs

Article Oct 30, 2013

A number of accredited MBA programs are meeting specific needs in this fast-growing region