MBA study options in Thailand

monolith

Hi,

Am an Australian with several years management experience looking to undertake an MBA in Thailand.

Sasin isn't an option for me, and I'm not 100% sure about AIT's recovery progress from the flooding. So am looking further afield.

Anyone have any further thoughts on MBA's from Assumption/ABAC, Webster, or Stamford? Any opinions or comments welcome!

Thanks

Hi,

Am an Australian with several years management experience looking to undertake an MBA in Thailand.

Sasin isn't an option for me, and I'm not 100% sure about AIT's recovery progress from the flooding. So am looking further afield.

Anyone have any further thoughts on MBA's from Assumption/ABAC, Webster, or Stamford? Any opinions or comments welcome!

Thanks
ralph

What are your career goals? Sasin's the only school in Thailand that has respectable accreditations, so that's usually the only I one recommend if you want any kind of international visibility.

Otherwise, Thailand does not have a well-developed business school scene. There are, however, a few reasonably credible non-accredited schools: AIT (which by the way resumed classes on its campus in February,) NIDA, and potentially Thammasat. Other than that, there's really not much - you'd have to go to somewhere like India, China, or Singapore to find a better selection.

What are your career goals? Sasin's the only school in Thailand that has respectable accreditations, so that's usually the only I one recommend if you want any kind of international visibility.

Otherwise, Thailand does not have a well-developed business school scene. There are, however, a few reasonably credible non-accredited schools: AIT (which by the way resumed classes on its campus in February,) NIDA, and potentially Thammasat. Other than that, there's really not much - you'd have to go to somewhere like India, China, or Singapore to find a better selection.

der

Hi Ralph,
Sounds you are familiar with Thailand.
I am currently in Singapore and will considere an MBA. I am looking for entrepreneurship concentration and looking for networking in this perspective. I was thinking of moving to Thailand due to my interest for this country. But it seems that business school there are not worth. Do you know if one of them is worth for entrepreneurship ? I have been told that going for an MBA here in Singapore would have more added value. whats your point of view ?

Hi Ralph,
Sounds you are familiar with Thailand.
I am currently in Singapore and will considere an MBA. I am looking for entrepreneurship concentration and looking for networking in this perspective. I was thinking of moving to Thailand due to my interest for this country. But it seems that business school there are not worth. Do you know if one of them is worth for entrepreneurship ? I have been told that going for an MBA here in Singapore would have more added value. whats your point of view ?
ralph

Sasin has a concentration in entrepreneurship - this would probably be the best program in Thailand, both in terms of the quality of education and potential networking opportunities.

Otherwise, if you stay in Singapore you'll have more options, and ostensibly better access to venture capital and innovation networks (although I'm not sure if these span into Thailand.) NUS has a specialization in entrepreneurship, and Nanyang has an elective you can take.

Sasin has a concentration in entrepreneurship - this would probably be the best program in Thailand, both in terms of the quality of education and potential networking opportunities.

Otherwise, if you stay in Singapore you'll have more options, and ostensibly better access to venture capital and innovation networks (although I'm not sure if these span into Thailand.) NUS has a specialization in entrepreneurship, and Nanyang has an elective you can take.
Duncan

Why is Sasin not an option for you? It is the MBA programme with the biggest network in Thailand. If you have an issue with Sasin, then will it affect your ability to network?

Why is Sasin not an option for you? It is the MBA programme with the biggest network in Thailand. If you have an issue with Sasin, then will it affect your ability to network?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bangkok, Thailand 6 Followers 2 Discussions
Bangkok, Thailand 7 Followers 4 Discussions
Pathumthani, Thailand 6 Followers 6 Discussions
Cha-Am, Thailand 1 Follower 3 Discussions
Prawet, Bangkok, Thailand 6 Followers 1 Discussion

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Southeast Asia: Tapping Into the Tiger Cubs

Article Oct 30, 2013

A number of accredited MBA programs are meeting specific needs in this fast-growing region

Hot Discussions