MBA in Thailand

najrasum

Hi all,
I would like to learn more about MBA programs in Thailand. Does anybody know which program is the best or the one with the best reputation. I am from Switzerland and would like to study in Thailand, however, it is important for me that the MBA i do is also of value in Europe.

It would be great if there's someone who could give me information. Thank you.

Regards,
Jan

Hi all,
I would like to learn more about MBA programs in Thailand. Does anybody know which program is the best or the one with the best reputation. I am from Switzerland and would like to study in Thailand, however, it is important for me that the MBA i do is also of value in Europe.

It would be great if there's someone who could give me information. Thank you.

Regards,
Jan
borism

Hi Jan,

a Quick search of the find MBA program directory gives a list of 16 MBA programs(http://www.find-mba.com/search)

i don't know what the best program is, but i didn't see any program for Thailand listed in the rankings. this is a bit of bad news for you, as you are looking for a program that will also be known in Europe, and non ranked programs are usually only known on a regional level.

in such a case, you should look into the accreditation of the school and look for programs that have partnerships with known schools.

Boris

Hi Jan,

a Quick search of the find MBA program directory gives a list of 16 MBA programs(http://www.find-mba.com/search)

i don't know what the best program is, but i didn't see any program for Thailand listed in the rankings. this is a bit of bad news for you, as you are looking for a program that will also be known in Europe, and non ranked programs are usually only known on a regional level.

in such a case, you should look into the accreditation of the school and look for programs that have partnerships with known schools.

Boris

najrasum

Thanks for your info Boris.

After searching a bit I believe that the Assumtion University (ABAC) MBA (Fast track??) and the SASIN-program from the Chulalongkorn University could be interesting.

Does anybody know which one is the better? Does anybody know how well these programs are recognized?

Thanks.

Thanks for your info Boris.

After searching a bit I believe that the Assumtion University (ABAC) MBA (Fast track??) and the SASIN-program from the Chulalongkorn University could be interesting.

Does anybody know which one is the better? Does anybody know how well these programs are recognized?

Thanks.
bajargyan

The ABAC MBA is relatively new and is not that well known outside of thailand therefore, it won't meet your need of europe recognition, The top most MBA programs in Thailand is provided by the following universities:

1. Asian Institute of Technology
2. SASIN MBA program
3. National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)

If you are looking for a well recognized program in thailand then nothing can beat these programs. How much they are known in europe depends on each countries. But they are good in the South-east region.

The ABAC MBA is relatively new and is not that well known outside of thailand therefore, it won't meet your need of europe recognition, The top most MBA programs in Thailand is provided by the following universities:

1. Asian Institute of Technology
2. SASIN MBA program
3. National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)

If you are looking for a well recognized program in thailand then nothing can beat these programs. How much they are known in europe depends on each countries. But they are good in the South-east region.
johanseim

Hi,
what about these two:
- Stamford International College
- Asian University

How are these compared to the 3 mentioned above?

Hi,
what about these two:
- Stamford International College
- Asian University

How are these compared to the 3 mentioned above?
bajargyan

hi johanseim

If you are looking for the best program in Thailand then go for the three i have mentioned to you... They do not require high GMAT score... anything around 550 would do you good!... with 2 years work exp.

Asian University and Stamford are not popular in Thailand.. so you understand that outside of thailand would be lesser scope...just in case you are wondering how i much about these programs.. is because i am located in Thailand for the moment..and have studied at ABAC not the MBA.. but the BBA

hi johanseim

If you are looking for the best program in Thailand then go for the three i have mentioned to you... They do not require high GMAT score... anything around 550 would do you good!... with 2 years work exp.

Asian University and Stamford are not popular in Thailand.. so you understand that outside of thailand would be lesser scope...just in case you are wondering how i much about these programs.. is because i am located in Thailand for the moment..and have studied at ABAC not the MBA.. but the BBA
andrzej

One of the ways to asses how good a program is, and how well recognized out of Thailand is the accreditation of the program. when i try checking the three above mentioned programs, i had trouble finding information regarding the accreditation. i did see(and it took quite a while to find) that IAT is accredited by AACSB and EFMD, which is a good start, but another good accreditation would help(like AMBA). i didn't find any other information about the other programs, which always makes me suspicious(if they had good ones, they will write it all over the place). all the programs seem to have good partner schools, which is good, but still doesn't cancel the need for good accreditation. these days, where lots of new MBA programs are popping out of the ground, it is very difficult for recruiters to know them all, which makes them even more dependent on accreditation and rankings.

One of the ways to asses how good a program is, and how well recognized out of Thailand is the accreditation of the program. when i try checking the three above mentioned programs, i had trouble finding information regarding the accreditation. i did see(and it took quite a while to find) that IAT is accredited by AACSB and EFMD, which is a good start, but another good accreditation would help(like AMBA). i didn't find any other information about the other programs, which always makes me suspicious(if they had good ones, they will write it all over the place). all the programs seem to have good partner schools, which is good, but still doesn't cancel the need for good accreditation. these days, where lots of new MBA programs are popping out of the ground, it is very difficult for recruiters to know them all, which makes them even more dependent on accreditation and rankings.
ilovebkk

The ONLY internationally accredited school in Thailand is Sasin - officially accredited by AACSB earlier this year and in the latter stages of acquiring Equis too. Other schools, including NIDA and AIT, are NOT accredited - do not be mislead by membership status ...being a member of AACSB or EFMD (people behind Equis) does not make that school accredited.

If you want your MBA recognized outside of Thailand, your best bet is to go with an internationally accredited school and AACSB is considered the toughest one to get, although Equis is more European-focussed.

The ONLY internationally accredited school in Thailand is Sasin - officially accredited by AACSB earlier this year and in the latter stages of acquiring Equis too. Other schools, including NIDA and AIT, are NOT accredited - do not be mislead by membership status ...being a member of AACSB or EFMD (people behind Equis) does not make that school accredited.

If you want your MBA recognized outside of Thailand, your best bet is to go with an internationally accredited school and AACSB is considered the toughest one to get, although Equis is more European-focussed.
ilovebkk

I understand that Sasin has just received its SECOND international accreditation - EQUIS ....Make what you will of this, but NO OTHER academic institution in Thailand has ANY international accreditation, let alone the DOUBLE CROWN of having the big two accrediations: AACSB and EQUIS.

I understand that Sasin has just received its SECOND international accreditation - EQUIS ....Make what you will of this, but NO OTHER academic institution in Thailand has ANY international accreditation, let alone the DOUBLE CROWN of having the big two accrediations: AACSB and EQUIS.
vasilijs

I am a European who has studied in a Thai university, and then lived, and worked in Thailand for six years. I must confirm that "bajargyan" is 100% right about the top MBA schools in Thailand.

If you want my ranking,
1) Sasin
2) AIT
3) NIDA
In THAT order!

Sasin will be the only internationally recognised programme.

International programmes in Thammasat and Kasetsart universities are also worth considering. Cannot say this about the international programme in Mahidol. Kasetsart would provide a really good value for money - I studied in this university for undergrad 15 years ago, still keep in touch with the student association, campus etc.

ALL other MBA programmes in Thailand are not worth it. Full stop.

I am a European who has studied in a Thai university, and then lived, and worked in Thailand for six years. I must confirm that "bajargyan" is 100% right about the top MBA schools in Thailand.

If you want my ranking,
1) Sasin
2) AIT
3) NIDA
In THAT order!

Sasin will be the only internationally recognised programme.

International programmes in Thammasat and Kasetsart universities are also worth considering. Cannot say this about the international programme in Mahidol. Kasetsart would provide a really good value for money - I studied in this university for undergrad 15 years ago, still keep in touch with the student association, campus etc.

ALL other MBA programmes in Thailand are not worth it. Full stop.

everyone,

I have been accepted into Kasetsart IMBA program, i am currently working in Malaysia, i plan to quite my job and study the MBA at Kasetsart.

I am in mid career level. I am also accepted into NTU-Singapore MBA program. NTU MBA is better than Kasetsart MBA in international job market. However, i always prefer Thailand over Singapore. I plan to land a job in Thailand after MBA. Is this a wise choice to choose Kasetsart over NTU?

everyone,

I have been accepted into Kasetsart IMBA program, i am currently working in Malaysia, i plan to quite my job and study the MBA at Kasetsart.

I am in mid career level. I am also accepted into NTU-Singapore MBA program. NTU MBA is better than Kasetsart MBA in international job market. However, i always prefer Thailand over Singapore. I plan to land a job in Thailand after MBA. Is this a wise choice to choose Kasetsart over NTU?
alvinmoe

Hi averagevic,
I am not sure how well you knew about Thailand. But I can tell you from an asian perspective.

If you are a westerner, it is worth to study in Thailand in order to land a job with MNCs in Thailand. It is important to understand cultures since a lot of recruiters valued that. In the mean time, being a "farang" means a lot in Thailand. It ain't worth to spend for an MBA in Thailand if you are not from West.

If I were you, I will go for NTU MBA, it will be much easier to land a job after your studies. Bear in mind that you have to compete with INSEAD, NUS MBAs for a job.

It is undeniable fact that the cost of living is cheap, services are cheap, good place to relax but from professional standpoint..it isn't dynamic as in Singapore. I am telling you from my experiences, I spent some years in Thailand and Singapore.

everyone,

Hi averagevic,
I am not sure how well you knew about Thailand. But I can tell you from an asian perspective.

If you are a westerner, it is worth to study in Thailand in order to land a job with MNCs in Thailand. It is important to understand cultures since a lot of recruiters valued that. In the mean time, being a "farang" means a lot in Thailand. It ain't worth to spend for an MBA in Thailand if you are not from West.

If I were you, I will go for NTU MBA, it will be much easier to land a job after your studies. Bear in mind that you have to compete with INSEAD, NUS MBAs for a job.

It is undeniable fact that the cost of living is cheap, services are cheap, good place to relax but from professional standpoint..it isn't dynamic as in Singapore. I am telling you from my experiences, I spent some years in Thailand and Singapore.

<blockquote>everyone,

</blockquote>

I am Asian. My ambition is to get a job in Thailand. Therefore, a Thai MBA is attractive to me.

I am Asian. My ambition is to get a job in Thailand. Therefore, a Thai MBA is attractive to me.
shewta

thailand is good what cant match with singapore in case of B SCHOOL and job oppurtunities.. so i say singapore

thailand is good what cant match with singapore in case of B SCHOOL and job oppurtunities.. so i say singapore

Asian countries are fact developing as education hubs. Not only Singapore but India is also has good programs. The advantage of being in Thailand is that the cost of living is cheaper than singapore and there are world class institutions in Thailand as well. Thai programs are coming up fast and becoming world class.

Asian countries are fact developing as education hubs. Not only Singapore but India is also has good programs. The advantage of being in Thailand is that the cost of living is cheaper than singapore and there are world class institutions in Thailand as well. Thai programs are coming up fast and becoming world class.
ezra

in Thailand as well. Thai programs are coming up fast and becoming world class.

The only internationally accredited program there is Sasin - and in my opinion that's the only one that would be worth the investment right now. Maybe in a couple of years, as the institutions modernize, there will be more options - but right now a low cost of living is not enough to justify an investment in the other schools there.

<blockquote>in Thailand as well. Thai programs are coming up fast and becoming world class. </blockquote>
The only internationally accredited program there is Sasin - and in my opinion that's the only one that would be worth the investment right now. Maybe in a couple of years, as the institutions modernize, there will be more options - but right now a low cost of living is not enough to justify an investment in the other schools there.
Chan Lu

Assumption is the best, Sasin means suck!
(others as well)

(others as well)
maury

(others as well)

That's certainly a very well-thought out, articulate argument for a business school.

In all seriousness, Sasin, since it's now accredited by AACSB and EQUIS, would probably be a better choice for most students. Chulalongkorn and NIDA also have AACSB accreditation- the would be good choices as well.

[quote]Assumption is the best, Sasin means suck!
(others as well)[/quote]
That's certainly a very well-thought out, articulate argument for a business school.

In all seriousness, Sasin, since it's now accredited by AACSB and EQUIS, would probably be a better choice for most students. Chulalongkorn and NIDA also have AACSB accreditation- the would be good choices as well.
Chan Lu

Harvard Business School, Wharton, Stanford GSB, Columbia Business School, Chicago Booth, Tuck School of Business are also not accredited by those org due to some personal reasons such as financial cost avoidance, arises from these accreditations and some silly criteria did not be met ex accepting students with insufficient experiences (should be 3 or more years experience).
Honestly, MBA in Sasin is full of thai students who missed to be accepted by chula during their bachelor degree entrance and they want to make it in their master degree instead

[Edited by Chan Lu on Jan 03, 2017]

Harvard Business School, Wharton, Stanford GSB, Columbia Business School, Chicago Booth, Tuck School of Business are also not accredited by those org due to some personal reasons such as financial cost avoidance, arises from these accreditations and some silly criteria did not be met ex accepting students with insufficient experiences (should be 3 or more years experience).
Honestly, MBA in Sasin is full of thai students who missed to be accepted by chula during their bachelor degree entrance and they want to make it in their master degree instead
maury

What are you talking about? All of those schools are accredited by AACSB!

And that's hearsay. A logical argument in favor of the school would include actual facts - citing published placement statistics, rankings info, accreditations, etc.

[quote]Harvard Business School, Wharton, Stanford GSB, Columbia Business School, Chicago Booth, Tuck School of Business are also not accredited by those org due to some personal reasons such as financial cost avoidance, arises from these accreditations and some silly criteria did not be met ex accepting students with insufficient experiences (should be 3 or more years experience).[/quote]
What are you talking about? All of those schools are accredited by AACSB!
[quote]Honestly, MBA in Sasin is full of thai students who missed to be accepted by chula during their bachelor degree entrance and they want to make it in their master degree instead[/quote]
And that's hearsay. A logical argument in favor of the school would include actual facts - citing published placement statistics, rankings info, accreditations, etc.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Bangkok, Thailand 6 Followers 2 Discussions
Bangkok, Thailand 7 Followers 4 Discussions
Pathumthani, Thailand 6 Followers 6 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Southeast Asia: Tapping Into the Tiger Cubs

Article Oct 30, 2013

A number of accredited MBA programs are meeting specific needs in this fast-growing region

Hot Discussions