MBA in Asia Pasific as an Indian

Hi,
Myself Nirmalya. I have done my B-Tech in Civil Engineering from India and currently working with a US based MNC IT company for near about 2.5 years. I want to do my MBA from Asia Pasific region and have selected some of the universities in China, Thiland, Japan, South Korea. I am writing the name of those Universities.

1. Asia Institute of Technology, School of Management, Thiland.
2. Beijing International MBA Program, Peking University, China.
3. Tsinghua International MBA Program, China.
4. Fudan University International MBA program, China.
5. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai School of Commerce & Management, International MBA program.
6. International University of Japan, MBA Program, Japan.
7. Seoul National University, Global MBA program, S Korea.
8. Korea advanced Institute of Science & Technology, S Korea.

Can anyone please tell me that getting admission in these schools is how much competetive for International students and what about the job prospect for international students after completion of the degree in Asia Pac region?

Hi,
Myself Nirmalya. I have done my B-Tech in Civil Engineering from India and currently working with a US based MNC IT company for near about 2.5 years. I want to do my MBA from Asia Pasific region and have selected some of the universities in China, Thiland, Japan, South Korea. I am writing the name of those Universities.

5. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai School of Commerce & Management, International MBA program.

Can anyone please tell me that getting admission in these schools is how much competetive for International students and what about the job prospect for international students after completion of the degree in Asia Pac region?

Hi Nirmalaya,

even I do have the interest to do MBA in Asia Pacific region.
Did you find any more info regarding the same?
I have around 4+ years of IT experience and currently work in a US MNC as a software engineer.

Let me know if you have more details.

Regards

Hi Nirmalaya,

even I do have the interest to do MBA in Asia Pacific region.
Did you find any more info regarding the same?
I have around 4+ years of IT experience and currently work in a US MNC as a software engineer.

Let me know if you have more details.

Regards
lolipop

Hi,

what about ISB?

<blockquote>Hi,

Can anyone please tell me that getting admission in these schools is how much competetive for International students and what about the job prospect for international students after completion of the degree in Asia Pac region?</blockquote>

what about ISB?
Dark Eyes

As far as I know, that the university you choosed are the very top university of China.

Good luck :-)

As far as I know, that the university you choosed are the very top university of China.

Good luck :-)

for starters lets try to spell Pacific correctly...

for Indians outside of ISB/IIM

Insead, HKUST, if no go at those two try NUS/NTU in Singapore.

for starters lets try to spell Pacific correctly...

for Indians outside of ISB/IIM

Insead, HKUST, if no go at those two try NUS/NTU in Singapore.
Rhino

If I were you I'll apply to cranfield or Warwick in U.K.

With the current low poundsterling, going for U.K. University is cheaper than going to INSEAD, NTU/NUS, HK-UST.

Note that once you graduated in U.K., your degree will be recognized not only in Europe, but also in Asia Pacific.

Do more research, look further than Asia Pac.

If I were you I'll apply to cranfield or Warwick in U.K.

With the current low poundsterling, going for U.K. University is cheaper than going to INSEAD, NTU/NUS, HK-UST.

Note that once you graduated in U.K., your degree will be recognized not only in Europe, but also in Asia Pacific.

Do more research, look further than Asia Pac.

The HARVARD of KOREA is SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY!

Not only local professors are have graduated from top American universities (Stanford, Wharton, Harvard, etc.)but also around 20 professors from top american universities are invited to teach.
The network at SNU and the career development is a great asset.

I hope that helps.

Not only local professors are have graduated from top American universities (Stanford, Wharton, Harvard, etc.)but also around 20 professors from top american universities are invited to teach.

I hope that helps.
Ykikon

I hope that helps.

What about Yonsei or SKK for an non Korean asian, because we hav to learn korean first rite? because unlike India, where you can easily get anywhere with english, Im sure indians would have a tough time in Korea. But korea has many global companies even set up in India, so I guess chances of gettin recruited in these firms after MBA is good. Also, how will an MBA from a top Korean B-school rate with IIM(Top indian institute) at a global level??

<blockquote>The HARVARD of KOREA is SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY!

I hope that helps.</blockquote>

What about Yonsei or SKK for an non Korean asian, because we hav to learn korean first rite? because unlike India, where you can easily get anywhere with english, Im sure indians would have a tough time in Korea. But korea has many global companies even set up in India, so I guess chances of gettin recruited in these firms after MBA is good. Also, how will an MBA from a top Korean B-school rate with IIM(Top indian institute) at a global level??

if you can make it try for isb,sp jain,fms in india only......

Ykikon

well i wanna do it in korea because of the fact that I want a good exposure from that region...Since ive been in India all my life, I wanna venture out, not to western countries, but I feel Asia has a lot to offer in the years to come. So with the Indian connections and Korean experience, I'm believe it would give me a better boost than Sp jain and the like in india...with all due respect my friend.

If you could kindly revert as to why u think these institutes compare to the korean experience?

<blockquote>if you can make it try for isb,sp jain,fms in india only......</blockquote>

well i wanna do it in korea because of the fact that I want a good exposure from that region...Since ive been in India all my life, I wanna venture out, not to western countries, but I feel Asia has a lot to offer in the years to come. So with the Indian connections and Korean experience, I'm believe it would give me a better boost than Sp jain and the like in india...with all due respect my friend.

If you could kindly revert as to why u think these institutes compare to the korean experience?
Rhino

I respect your decision to choose South Korean schools.
South Korean does have stronger economy (GDP per capita US$27,000) compared to the rest of asian countries except Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore.
Thus, you can work with big companies (like Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc.) after graduation.

However, you have to like Korea (the people, the food, the language) before you make a move... because not many people can adapt well with korean societies. Some say they are impolite, rough, te language sounds like they are fighting, always eat Kimchi on every meals. It's all up to you.

In my opinion, South Korean is already a developed country. It is on par with the giants in asia (japan, h.k., singapore). And they will be more competitive in the future as their products (samsung, LG, hyundai) are expanding throughout the world.

South Korean does have stronger economy (GDP per capita US$27,000) compared to the rest of asian countries except Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore.
Thus, you can work with big companies (like Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc.) after graduation.

However, you have to like Korea (the people, the food, the language) before you make a move... because not many people can adapt well with korean societies. Some say they are impolite, rough, te language sounds like they are fighting, always eat Kimchi on every meals. It's all up to you.

In my opinion, South Korean is already a developed country. It is on par with the giants in asia (japan, h.k., singapore). And they will be more competitive in the future as their products (samsung, LG, hyundai) are expanding throughout the world.

then there are big insitution of west(us,uk) opening there colleges and universities in asia like nottingham and many more dosent have much idea on that.you can go for them.in asia country plays a vital role so please choose accordingly.you can go for japan,hong kong,south korea and singapore in order.

then there are big insitution of west(us,uk) opening there colleges and universities in asia like nottingham and many more dosent have much idea on that.you can go for them.in asia country plays a vital role so please choose accordingly.you can go for japan,hong kong,south korea and singapore in order.

Nanyang MBA Info session (in person in the Bay Area of California and also live webcast, register today)

http://www.gurome.com/info/ntu_mba_infosession_san_jose.html

Nanyang MBA Info session (in person in the Bay Area of California and also live webcast, register today)

http://www.gurome.com/info/ntu_mba_infosession_san_jose.html
Ykikon

thnx..arirang and korean movies are a big hit from where i come from lolz...thnx for the info anyways...cheers!

<blockquote>I respect your decision to choose South Korean schools.

In my opinion, South Korean is already a developed country. It is on par with the giants in asia (japan, h.k., singapore). And they will be more competitive in the future as their products (samsung, LG, hyundai) are expanding throughout the world.</blockquote>

thnx..arirang and korean movies are a big hit from where i come from lolz...thnx for the info anyways...cheers!
MBANetwork

Its nice to see that you are looking at Asia to do an MBA in Asia.

What area are you looking to specialize in? If you are looking to major in finance where there is normally a constant demand, then consider the Shanghai Institute of Advanced Finance (SAIF).

SAIF is very different to other MBA schools in China and gets a lot more freedom from the Chinese Government which is quite an achievement.

Its nice to see that you are looking at Asia to do an MBA in Asia.

What area are you looking to specialize in? If you are looking to major in finance where there is normally a constant demand, then consider the Shanghai Institute of Advanced Finance (SAIF).

SAIF is very different to other MBA schools in China and gets a lot more freedom from the Chinese Government which is quite an achievement.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Niigata, Japan 12 Followers 8 Discussions
Pathumthani, Thailand 6 Followers 6 Discussions
Seoul, South Korea 11 Followers 7 Discussions
Mumbai, India 9 Followers 32 Discussions
Beijing, China 11 Followers 35 Discussions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 13 Followers 61 Discussions
Seoul, South Korea 10 Followers 10 Discussions
Beijing, China 12 Followers 66 Discussions
Hyderabad, India 22 Followers 86 Discussions
Singapore 82 Followers 168 Discussions
Shanghai, China 30 Followers 38 Discussions
Bedford, United Kingdom 44 Followers 413 Discussions
Coventry, United Kingdom 100 Followers 585 Discussions
Hong Kong, Hong Kong (PRC) 31 Followers 162 Discussions
Delhi, India 2 Followers 8 Discussions
Fontainebleau, France 72 Followers 309 Discussions
Singapore 33 Followers 171 Discussions
Seoul, South Korea 57 Followers 9 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

MBA Programs in Japan: A Shifting Attitude

Article Oct 24, 2016

Historically, the Japanese business world has scorned MBAs. But that may be changing.

Top 10 MBA Programs in Asia

Top List

Hong Kong, Singapore and more: see the Top 10 MBA Programs in Asia here

Hot Discussions