MBA in Abu Dhabi

I am a IT professional having 10 years of experience in UAE. I am basically from a commerce background did my BCom from Mumbai University in the year 2000. Also did some computer programming course. Due to financial constraints I could not pursue my post graduate studies.
I feel now I am ready to go back to studies and I am looking for MBA which will help me to take me to next level in my career.
I did a lot of research on the net and found that Abu Dhabi has very limited options like Strathyclyde, NYIT, Sorbonne and Insead and Dubai has many options but I can not attend evening classes in Dubai as I am a resident of Abu Dhabi.

Insead is very expensive so it is out of reach. Sorbonne is newly started so no reputation as of now.
NYIT I am not sure how good is their MBA program.
Strathyclyde has some reputation but I am not sure whether it is worth going for it as its fees is AED 110k.

Please advise me with whatever information you can give.

I am a IT professional having 10 years of experience in UAE. I am basically from a commerce background did my BCom from Mumbai University in the year 2000. Also did some computer programming course. Due to financial constraints I could not pursue my post graduate studies.
I feel now I am ready to go back to studies and I am looking for MBA which will help me to take me to next level in my career.
I did a lot of research on the net and found that Abu Dhabi has very limited options like Strathyclyde, NYIT, Sorbonne and Insead and Dubai has many options but I can not attend evening classes in Dubai as I am a resident of Abu Dhabi.

Insead is very expensive so it is out of reach. Sorbonne is newly started so no reputation as of now.
Strathyclyde has some reputation but I am not sure whether it is worth going for it as its fees is AED 110k.

ezra

I'd stick with programs that are accredited by a major international accreditation body (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS). That would eliminate all but Strathclyde and INSEAD. INSEAD has been in Abu Dhabi for a bit longer than Strathclyde, so I'd imagine the school has had some time to build stronger recruiting networks in the region.

However, both of these schools are essentially still looking for footholds in the UAE. If I were you I'd contact them and ask to be put in touch with graduates who have found jobs in the area, because this will at least give you an indication of what you'll expect when you graduate.

If you looked a bit outside of Abu Dhabi you'll find a few more established schools that might offer better post-graduation options: There's the American University of Sharjah and United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain. I know that many people commute from Al Ain into Abu Dhabi, so there are transport options available.

I'd stick with programs that are accredited by a major international accreditation body (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS). That would eliminate all but Strathclyde and INSEAD. INSEAD has been in Abu Dhabi for a bit longer than Strathclyde, so I'd imagine the school has had some time to build stronger recruiting networks in the region.

However, both of these schools are essentially still looking for footholds in the UAE. If I were you I'd contact them and ask to be put in touch with graduates who have found jobs in the area, because this will at least give you an indication of what you'll expect when you graduate.

If you looked a bit outside of Abu Dhabi you'll find a few more established schools that might offer better post-graduation options: There's the American University of Sharjah and United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain. I know that many people commute from Al Ain into Abu Dhabi, so there are transport options available.

<blockquote>I am a IT professional having 10 years of experience in UAE. I am basically from a commerce background did my BCom from Mumbai University in the year 2000. Also did some computer programming course. Due to financial constraints I could not pursue my post graduate studies.

Please advise me with whatever information you can give. </blockquote>

Thanks ezra
I will surely do as you advised.

Regards
Riyaz

Thanks ezra
I will surely do as you advised.

Regards
Riyaz

<blockquote>I'd stick with programs that are accredited by a major international accreditation body (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS). That would eliminate all but Strathclyde and INSEAD. INSEAD has been in Abu Dhabi for a bit longer than Strathclyde, so I'd imagine the school has had some time to build stronger recruiting networks in the region.

<blockquote>I am a IT professional having 10 years of experience in UAE. I am basically from a commerce background did my BCom from Mumbai University in the year 2000. Also did some computer programming course. Due to financial constraints I could not pursue my post graduate studies.

Please advise me with whatever information you can give. </blockquote></blockquote>
rizzv

Hi Riyaz,

As you said higher study options are very limited across Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
NYIT is not running any post graduate programs in their AUH campus. I doubt the same case is applicable to Sorborne as well. The decent B-schools operates in AUH are INSEAD, Strathclyde and ADU.
INSEAD is mainly concentrating on executive education and their target area is top management professionals. Apart from that, a staggering amount of AED 400,000 will be the total fee for the program.
Strathclyde is among the oldest schools set up their campus in Middle East and it has such reputation among the students. The whole program fee, including tuition and exams, will be around AED 110k. In addition to that their program structure is also well designed to match with the busy schedule of various professionals. Also, GMAT is mandatory to eligible for admission. However, I?m unsure about the post-MBA prospectus and their career services /support to their students.
ADU has good reputation among Emiratis and a total of 82% are national students. Fee will be something around 100k and the timings are also flexible. The major advantage is that they offer career services to all students and also can build up decent connection with other Emirati students. Also, they have now introduced 15-month EMBA program in collaboration with Tulane University, USA for students have enough work experience. The fee will be around 147k and students have the chances to go abroad to attend various sessions.

It is not necessary that you have to attend every evening in a week to take your MBA. More than 80% of all institutes are designed their programs to meet their students working schedule. You will have many wonderful options if you decide to travel across to Dubai for your MBA. Manchester Business School (3year, 150k), Hult (2year, >200k), Cass (2 year, GBP33k), University of Bradford, Murdoch University, SP Jain etc are offering pioneer business programs.

Hi Riyaz,

As you said higher study options are very limited across Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
NYIT is not running any post graduate programs in their AUH campus. I doubt the same case is applicable to Sorborne as well. The decent B-schools operates in AUH are INSEAD, Strathclyde and ADU.
INSEAD is mainly concentrating on executive education and their target area is top management professionals. Apart from that, a staggering amount of AED 400,000 will be the total fee for the program.
Strathclyde is among the oldest schools set up their campus in Middle East and it has such reputation among the students. The whole program fee, including tuition and exams, will be around AED 110k. In addition to that their program structure is also well designed to match with the busy schedule of various professionals. Also, GMAT is mandatory to eligible for admission. However, I?m unsure about the post-MBA prospectus and their career services /support to their students.
ADU has good reputation among Emiratis and a total of 82% are national students. Fee will be something around 100k and the timings are also flexible. The major advantage is that they offer career services to all students and also can build up decent connection with other Emirati students. Also, they have now introduced 15-month EMBA program in collaboration with Tulane University, USA for students have enough work experience. The fee will be around 147k and students have the chances to go abroad to attend various sessions.

It is not necessary that you have to attend every evening in a week to take your MBA. More than 80% of all institutes are designed their programs to meet their students working schedule. You will have many wonderful options if you decide to travel across to Dubai for your MBA. Manchester Business School (3year, 150k), Hult (2year, >200k), Cass (2 year, GBP33k), University of Bradford, Murdoch University, SP Jain etc are offering pioneer business programs.
naina22

Hi Ezra,

Can you pls tell me about MBA at Heriott watt university Dubai? which one is better hult/bradford/heriott watt.
Kindly suggest.

<blockquote>I'd stick with programs that are accredited by a major international accreditation body (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS). That would eliminate all but Strathclyde and INSEAD. INSEAD has been in Abu Dhabi for a bit longer than Strathclyde, so I'd imagine the school has had some time to build stronger recruiting networks in the region.

Please advise me with whatever information you can give. </blockquote></blockquote>

Hi Ezra,

Can you pls tell me about MBA at Heriott watt university Dubai? which one is better hult/bradford/heriott watt.
Kindly suggest.
Duncan

Bradford is much better: is has accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS. Neither Hult nor Heriott Watt have either of those.

Bradford is much better: is has accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS. Neither Hult nor Heriott Watt have either of those.
naina22

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply.

<blockquote>Bradford is much better: is has accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS. Neither Hult nor Heriott Watt have either of those.</blockquote>

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply.

I joined bradford last year and it is up to the mark. It now has all the three accreditation AACB, EQUIS and AMBA

Regards
Riyaz

I joined bradford last year and it is up to the mark. It now has all the three accreditation AACB, EQUIS and AMBA

Regards
Riyaz
saroo

riyaz bhai
why you not join manchester and why bradford. please give us your reason so other people knows which is more good between manchester and bradford

riyaz bhai
why you not join manchester and why bradford. please give us your reason so other people knows which is more good between manchester and bradford
Shahin

hi Riyas,

Please provide some details about part time program in Bradford. i am looking forward to join, kindly provide details like fee structure, timing of classes, also do they provide any scholarship for part time students.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance,
Shahin

hi Riyas,

Please provide some details about part time program in Bradford. i am looking forward to join, kindly provide details like fee structure, timing of classes, also do they provide any scholarship for part time students.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance,
Shahin

Hi Shahin
Part time MBA in Bradford has 14 modules (10 core and 4 electives) plus a project.
For each module a highly qualified tutor from U.K. will arrive in Dubai to impart lectures for 3 days Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8.30 to 5.00.
Fees currently is 17k pounds
There is no scholarship for part time but if you join early there is a discount of 500 pounds.
This MBA is worth its money provided you are committed to it.
I have completed 5 modules by now.....9 more to go....

Regards
Riyaz

Hi Shahin
Part time MBA in Bradford has 14 modules (10 core and 4 electives) plus a project.
For each module a highly qualified tutor from U.K. will arrive in Dubai to impart lectures for 3 days Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 8.30 to 5.00.
Fees currently is 17k pounds
There is no scholarship for part time but if you join early there is a discount of 500 pounds.
This MBA is worth its money provided you are committed to it.
I have completed 5 modules by now.....9 more to go....

Regards
Riyaz
Shahin

Thanks for the Information Riyas.

Are they providing 3 day class room sessions on all week or monthly once. Also how is the admission process there, do they ask for GMAT score(since i saw somewhere it was mentioned that GMAT score is preferred for part time). How is your experience about the program, like how hard it is to balance your work life and studies.

My profile is: Btech graduate from Indian University, with 4+ years of expereince in IT domain.

Also if you don't mind providing your contact details, so that i can ring you up and check few more details about the program. I am in a big dilemma, whether to go for part time program or full time or DL, i was searching for some one doing part time programs in Dubai.

Thanks,
Shahin

Thanks for the Information Riyas.

Are they providing 3 day class room sessions on all week or monthly once. Also how is the admission process there, do they ask for GMAT score(since i saw somewhere it was mentioned that GMAT score is preferred for part time). How is your experience about the program, like how hard it is to balance your work life and studies.

My profile is: Btech graduate from Indian University, with 4+ years of expereince in IT domain.

Also if you don't mind providing your contact details, so that i can ring you up and check few more details about the program. I am in a big dilemma, whether to go for part time program or full time or DL, i was searching for some one doing part time programs in Dubai.

Thanks,
Shahin

Hi Shahin
Sessions are held monthly and after each module there is an assignment to be done, which will keep you busy in the mean time. There is no GMAT required. For admission they require Graduation Transcript + IELTS/TOEFL+3 years post graduation experience
My email id is [email protected], email me so i will send my contact number to you.

Regards
Riyaz

Hi Shahin
Sessions are held monthly and after each module there is an assignment to be done, which will keep you busy in the mean time. There is no GMAT required. For admission they require Graduation Transcript + IELTS/TOEFL+3 years post graduation experience
My email id is [email protected], email me so i will send my contact number to you.

Regards
Riyaz
Prakashp

Hi Riyaz,

Could you tell me if you have compared programs of Strathclye and Bradford before deciding to join Bradford.

Why have you chosen Bradford over strathclyde? I am trying to decide one of them. I live in Abu Dhabi so have to travel for the classes and also take a day off for every module.

Hi Riyaz,

Could you tell me if you have compared programs of Strathclye and Bradford before deciding to join Bradford.

Why have you chosen Bradford over strathclyde? I am trying to decide one of them. I live in Abu Dhabi so have to travel for the classes and also take a day off for every module.

Hi Prakash
Yes I did compare the 2 programs in terms of modules, accreditation, fees, ranking and feedback from students. Core modules are almost identical, electives are somewhat different. When I joined in 2012, both were within top 100 of world, but Strathclyde a bit higher and had 3 accreditation while Bradford had 2.
However there was approx. 20% difference in fees and feedback from the students did influence me to go for Bradford. And I do not regret my decision to go for Bradford.

Travelling to Dubai for 3 days is a bit difficult, but in my batch I have 2 more guys from Abu Dhabi and car pooling helps a lot.

My advise is before deciding on any one, do attend a lecture of both the universities as a guest student, which will help you to have a first hand experience about the style of teaching, assessment of the tutor's competencies and also allow you to meet existing students and get their feedback.

Cheers
Riyaz

Hi Prakash
Yes I did compare the 2 programs in terms of modules, accreditation, fees, ranking and feedback from students. Core modules are almost identical, electives are somewhat different. When I joined in 2012, both were within top 100 of world, but Strathclyde a bit higher and had 3 accreditation while Bradford had 2.
However there was approx. 20% difference in fees and feedback from the students did influence me to go for Bradford. And I do not regret my decision to go for Bradford.

Travelling to Dubai for 3 days is a bit difficult, but in my batch I have 2 more guys from Abu Dhabi and car pooling helps a lot.

My advise is before deciding on any one, do attend a lecture of both the universities as a guest student, which will help you to have a first hand experience about the style of teaching, assessment of the tutor's competencies and also allow you to meet existing students and get their feedback.

Cheers
Riyaz
Prakashp

Thanks RIyaz for your feedback.

Thanks RIyaz for your feedback.
HSafa

any postgraduate or existing Strathclyde student to give us feedback from their experience in Dubai/Abu Dhabi campuses!

any postgraduate or existing Strathclyde student to give us feedback from their experience in Dubai/Abu Dhabi campuses!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Glasgow, United Kingdom 53 Followers 475 Discussions
AL Ain, United Arab Emirates 7 Followers 3 Discussions
Old Westbury, New York 10 Followers 11 Discussions
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates 4 Followers 9 Discussions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 5 Followers 53 Discussions

Hot Discussions