Notice Message

MBA Discussions

MBA-Dubai

ammiy

Feb 06, 2009 07:30

useful 0

Hi,

Can anybody guide me about a good business school in Dubai for part time MBA and having some international recognition. If anybody is doing MBA in Dubai, please give your inputs.
Hi, Can anybody guide me about a good business school in Dubai for part time MBA and having some international recognition. If anybody is doing MBA in Dubai, please give your inputs.

andy.j.

Feb 06, 2009 12:03

useful 0

Hult International business school holds a one year MBA program in Dubai. Hult was ranked by the Economist at 39 globally and 21 in the US. it has NEASC and AMBA accreditation. It is a full time program, but maybe they also offer part time - you should call and ask.

see this flyer for more information:

http://ak-media.hult.edu/_pdfs/Hult/Dubai_flyer_br.pdf

Hope it helps,

Andy
Hult International business school holds a one year MBA program in Dubai. Hult was ranked by the Economist at 39 globally and 21 in the US. it has NEASC and AMBA accreditation. It is a full time program, but maybe they also offer part time - you should call and ask. see this flyer for more information: http://ak-media.hult.edu/_pdfs/Hult/Dubai_flyer_br.pdf Hope it helps, Andy

andy.j.

Feb 06, 2009 12:30

useful 0

i just saw they do offer a part time program:

http://www.hult.edu/part-timemba

i just saw they do offer a part time program: http://www.hult.edu/part-timemba

ammiy

Feb 06, 2009 07:48

useful 0

Thanks for the info.
Is there anybody on this forum who is doing MBA from HULT or any other college in Dubai nd can actually tell about the quality of education in Dubai.
Thanks for the info. Is there anybody on this forum who is doing MBA from HULT or any other college in Dubai nd can actually tell about the quality of education in Dubai.

ammiy

Feb 13, 2009 08:15

useful 0

I have applied at Manchester Business School in Dubai.
Is there anybody who is doing MBA from Manchester in Dubai.
I have applied at Manchester Business School in Dubai. Is there anybody who is doing MBA from Manchester in Dubai.

ibanker

Feb 16, 2009 06:44

useful 0

I believe both Hult and MBS fly their faculty into Dubai and therefore the quality of the education is as good as in the US and UK respectively. Be careful of schools who rely on local faculty because in general the quality of teaching is far lower in the UAE than the US.

The biggest difference between Hult and MBS in Dubai is that Hult has its own campus at Academic City and a dedicated local careers service team. MBS does not have its own campus and just uses conference space at Knowledge Village.
I believe both Hult and MBS fly their faculty into Dubai and therefore the quality of the education is as good as in the US and UK respectively. Be careful of schools who rely on local faculty because in general the quality of teaching is far lower in the UAE than the US. The biggest difference between Hult and MBS in Dubai is that Hult has its own campus at Academic City and a dedicated local careers service team. MBS does not have its own campus and just uses conference space at Knowledge Village.

ammiy

Feb 16, 2009 04:37

useful 0

Thanks ibanker for the info.
I believe that MBS quality of education should not be bad since they fley their faculty from UK.
Actually fees of MBS is much less than HULT.This was also one of the factor for me deciding for MBS.
Thanks ibanker for the info. I believe that MBS quality of education should not be bad since they fley their faculty from UK. Actually fees of MBS is much less than HULT.This was also one of the factor for me deciding for MBS.

ibanker

Feb 17, 2009 05:34

useful 0

Fully understand and agree.

Looking at the pricing MBS prices in GBP and Hult prices in USD. The pound has collapsed relative to the dollar over the past 3 months leaving a substantial difference between the two. They were pretty much the same price back in November 2008. Crazy times.

My advice is:

1. Keep checking the exchange rate! I assume if you work in Dubai you earn money in AED. This is pegged against the USD but not the GBP. So you may find the MBS program cost changing on you at short notice.
2. Also apply to Hult (i have friends who have been at both schools, but in the US and UK, and the quality of the teaching is better at Hult in their opinion). But only consider the course if they are willing to give you a scholarship equal to the difference in cost. Since Hult is new in Dubai i suspect their scholarship program will be greater since they will be trying to build their reputation locally.
Fully understand and agree. Looking at the pricing MBS prices in GBP and Hult prices in USD. The pound has collapsed relative to the dollar over the past 3 months leaving a substantial difference between the two. They were pretty much the same price back in November 2008. Crazy times. My advice is: 1. Keep checking the exchange rate! I assume if you work in Dubai you earn money in AED. This is pegged against the USD but not the GBP. So you may find the MBS program cost changing on you at short notice. 2. Also apply to Hult (i have friends who have been at both schools, but in the US and UK, and the quality of the teaching is better at Hult in their opinion). But only consider the course if they are willing to give you a scholarship equal to the difference in cost. Since Hult is new in Dubai i suspect their scholarship program will be greater since they will be trying to build their reputation locally.

ammiy

Feb 20, 2009 05:49

useful 0

Hi ibanker,

I am planning to apply at both the places. Hult is offering 2 yrs MBA while MBS is offering 3 yrs MBA that is one of the point also I am thinking.
I believe that MBS also has a dedicated space in KV Dubai.
http://www.kv.ae/en/partners/display.asp?id=284

Are u also doing or have done MBA in Dubai.
Ammiy
Hi ibanker, I am planning to apply at both the places. Hult is offering 2 yrs MBA while MBS is offering 3 yrs MBA that is one of the point also I am thinking. I believe that MBS also has a dedicated space in KV Dubai. http://www.kv.ae/en/partners/display.asp?id=284 Are u also doing or have done MBA in Dubai. Ammiy

happy

Feb 20, 2009 04:29

useful 0

hi, Hult offers one year MBA
http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/fees-and-expenses
and fees at Boston and Dubai respectively is $79,800 and $72,595. I wonder how one can finance this fee (except for that you belong to rich business family).
happy
hi, Hult offers one year MBA http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/fees-and-expenses and fees at Boston and Dubai respectively is $79,800 and $72,595. I wonder how one can finance this fee (except for that you belong to rich business family). happy

ammiy

Feb 20, 2009 06:24

useful 0

I am talking about part time MBA, and the fees in AED is around 45-50k $.I understand fees is too high, that is why one has to really think if paying from your own pocket.

Ammiy
I am talking about part time MBA, and the fees in AED is around 45-50k $.I understand fees is too high, that is why one has to really think if paying from your own pocket. Ammiy

kbell

Apr 24, 2009 06:54

useful 0

Hult generally offers some financial aid or scholarships to people accepted to MBA programs:
http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/financial-aid

Maybe you'd be interested in attending the Pocket MBA program Hult is organizing in a few days in Dubai:
http://www.dkvevents.ae/rep.php?event_id=117&general_id=95&section=about

It's just 100$ for a two day program and there will be plenty of Hult Dubai representatives there that you can chat with, as well as probably some current MBA students at that campus.
Hult generally offers some financial aid or scholarships to people accepted to MBA programs: http://www.hult.edu/mba-program/admissions/financial-aid Maybe you'd be interested in attending the Pocket MBA program Hult is organizing in a few days in Dubai: http://www.dkvevents.ae/rep.php?event_id=117&general_id=95&section=about It's just 100$ for a two day program and there will be plenty of Hult Dubai representatives there that you can chat with, as well as probably some current MBA students at that campus.

Jul 23, 2009 12:04

useful 0

Hi

I am looking a part-time MBA or EMBA. I was referring to the rankings specified at http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/emba-rankings .

The international EMBA options in Dubai are:

1) London Business School (LBS)
2) Univ of Strathclyde
3) Bradford School of Management
4) Univ of Wollongong
5) Manchester
6) Hult
7) Cass Business School

Which one do you think is better? I think is the best from the rankings perspective, but the course fee is $88K for 20 months, which includes the international assignment. What is your opinion on this?

Also Hult, Manchester, Wollongong, I couldnt find them listed in any of the rankings. Are they good? Do you know anyone who can give a correct opinion on these?

Also, Strathclyde EMBA, it is listed, but obviously #80 in EMBA 2008 and #41 in fulltime MBA 2009. But the course fee is only 20K GBP.

LBS for $88K, do you think it is actually that worth?

Regards
Arun
Hi I am looking a part-time MBA or EMBA. I was referring to the rankings specified at http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/emba-rankings . The international EMBA options in Dubai are: 1) London Business School (LBS) 2) Univ of Strathclyde 3) Bradford School of Management 4) Univ of Wollongong 5) Manchester 6) Hult 7) Cass Business School Which one do you think is better? I think is the best from the rankings perspective, but the course fee is $88K for 20 months, which includes the international assignment. What is your opinion on this? Also Hult, Manchester, Wollongong, I couldnt find them listed in any of the rankings. Are they good? Do you know anyone who can give a correct opinion on these? Also, Strathclyde EMBA, it is listed, but obviously #80 in EMBA 2008 and #41 in fulltime MBA 2009. But the course fee is only 20K GBP. LBS for $88K, do you think it is actually that worth? Regards Arun

mavrick

Jul 23, 2009 09:58

useful 0

Hi Arun,

Well Hult does offer full financial aid package for its Dubai campus. What I have heard is that they are offering up to 40% in financial aid and 60% in Loan package.
Hi Arun, Well Hult does offer full financial aid package for its Dubai campus. What I have heard is that they are offering up to 40% in financial aid and 60% in Loan package.

ammiy

Jul 24, 2009 07:55

useful 0

I have joined Manchester, they offer MBA degree which is at 32nd rank, they dont give EMBA. The course content of Manchester is also good.
I checked with some of my friends in US regarding HULT but nobody knew about it.

Ammiy
I have joined Manchester, they offer MBA degree which is at 32nd rank, they dont give EMBA. The course content of Manchester is also good. I checked with some of my friends in US regarding HULT but nobody knew about it. Ammiy

Jul 24, 2009 11:20

useful 0

Thanks Mavrik and Ammiy

I am looking at LBS, obviously is rated among the top 3, but its expensive and they don't offer any scholarships. Manchester, Hult, Strathclyde are there in the next list. I thought Manchester was also offering Executive MBA in Dubai. Need to re-verify that.
Thanks Mavrik and Ammiy I am looking at LBS, obviously is rated among the top 3, but its expensive and they don't offer any scholarships. Manchester, Hult, Strathclyde are there in the next list. I thought Manchester was also offering Executive MBA in Dubai. Need to re-verify that.

mavrick

Jul 24, 2009 06:04

useful 0

hi arun,

Well as far as i know to do an executive MBA u need to be residing in UAE.
hi arun, Well as far as i know to do an executive MBA u need to be residing in UAE.

Jul 25, 2009 11:23

useful 0

I am a resident of UAE.
I am a resident of UAE.

Jul 27, 2009 04:52

useful 0

I am looking at the middelsex university and at the american university in dubai
Are they worth my time?
They cost much less then Hult, and i want to do a full time mba. Is it renoun or not?

Thanks to all

Dave
I am looking at the middelsex university and at the american university in dubai Are they worth my time? They cost much less then Hult, and i want to do a full time mba. Is it renoun or not? Thanks to all Dave

ibanker

Jul 28, 2009 02:32

useful 0

Middlesex is a good 2nd tier UK university. Not sure how they are rated within Dubai, i.e., whether faculty are flown from UK or recruited locally. LBS, Cass, MBS and Hult fly people in from overseas to teach.

AUD is not well renowned as far as I am aware.
Middlesex is a good 2nd tier UK university. Not sure how they are rated within Dubai, i.e., whether faculty are flown from UK or recruited locally. LBS, Cass, MBS and Hult fly people in from overseas to teach. AUD is not well renowned as far as I am aware.

Jul 31, 2009 04:16

useful 0

Thanks Ibanker. I will apply to a couple of them and see what comes out!

Thanks Ibanker. I will apply to a couple of them and see what comes out!

lottifab

Sep 08, 2009 01:55

useful 0

Hi

can anybody tell me if there's any possible way for not-UAE residents to start a 1-2 years part-time/blended EMBA program while studying and working locally (ie. Dubai) ?

I mean, if one can't financially afford a 1-2 year EMBA program, are there possible ways to find local contractors/firms that are interested to grant work employment during the program span (of course they could be getting by return a higher profile employee at some "discount" rate, so it's a win-win...).
Also, this formula could be regulated by means of some contract for the total EMBA's program duration, plus also continued afterwards for some time - like a "retention" policy..) ?
Makes sense?
I know this doesn't sound so easy going, but I'm thinking about trying to find a solution to the auto-financing problem... ?

I work as supply chain manager in the industry.

Welcome any hint. Thx in advance.
kind rgds,
Fab.

Hi can anybody tell me if there's any possible way for not-UAE residents to start a 1-2 years part-time/blended EMBA program while studying and working locally (ie. Dubai) ? I mean, if one can't financially afford a 1-2 year EMBA program, are there possible ways to find local contractors/firms that are interested to grant work employment during the program span (of course they could be getting by return a higher profile employee at some "discount" rate, so it's a win-win...). Also, this formula could be regulated by means of some contract for the total EMBA's program duration, plus also continued afterwards for some time - like a "retention" policy..) ? Makes sense? I know this doesn't sound so easy going, but I'm thinking about trying to find a solution to the auto-financing problem... ? I work as supply chain manager in the industry. Welcome any hint. Thx in advance. kind rgds, Fab.

gharper73

Oct 26, 2009 07:02

useful 0

Hi Arun,

Whilst there aren't any scholarships offered by LBS for their Dubai-EMBA programme, students are eligible for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Scholarship http://www.london.edu/programmes/dubailondonemba/feesandfinancing.html and several have been recipients of this in the past.
Hi Arun, Whilst there aren't any scholarships offered by LBS for their Dubai-EMBA programme, students are eligible for the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Scholarship http://www.london.edu/programmes/dubailondonemba/feesandfinancing.html and several have been recipients of this in the past.

Oct 27, 2009 06:43

useful 0

That scholarship is only available for Arabs nationals. I am an Indian, and there is nothing for non-Arabs.

Rgds
Arun
That scholarship is only available for Arabs nationals. I am an Indian, and there is nothing for non-Arabs. Rgds Arun

chidiv

Oct 29, 2009 02:48

useful 0

Hi,
This is a doubt that I would like to ask to the MBA students of Manchester Business School residing in Dubai.
I just got accepted to the program and I have chosen Dubai as my International center. Since I don't reside in Dubai, can anyone give me an insight as to how frequent I would be required to travel for compulsory workshops? Do they have an online alternative?
I would be great if I get a reply because this is a really important decision to make as I would be self funding my MBA. Thanks!
Hi, This is a doubt that I would like to ask to the MBA students of Manchester Business School residing in Dubai. I just got accepted to the program and I have chosen Dubai as my International center. Since I don't reside in Dubai, can anyone give me an insight as to how frequent I would be required to travel for compulsory workshops? Do they have an online alternative? I would be great if I get a reply because this is a really important decision to make as I would be self funding my MBA. Thanks!

Dec 28, 2009 04:45

useful 0

Dear Arun,

S P Jain Center of Management would be a good option also. It has campus in India, Singapore and Dubai. It is also ranked in India and Singapore.
The Fees is also lower ~ 60Kdhs for EMBA.

Dear guys, what's your opinion about this.

Best regards,
Dear Arun, S P Jain Center of Management would be a good option also. It has campus in India, Singapore and Dubai. It is also ranked in India and Singapore. The Fees is also lower ~ 60Kdhs for EMBA. Dear guys, what's your opinion about this. Best regards,

Dec 31, 2009 12:36

useful 0

Hi,
Well looking at your conversation, I just wanted to add or know which of these schools provide campus recruitment.

Hope you can help in this!!!

<blockquote>Hi, Well looking at your conversation, I just wanted to add or know which of these schools provide campus recruitment. Hope you can help in this!!! </blockquote>

Jan 04, 2010 05:49

useful 0

Hi friends,

Still confused which mba to take.

Today I went to Hult fees:- 188k dhs(with 15% tution fee scholarship)..

Does ranking of international MBA matter(of course the top 10 or 50 does), coz I know two such schools Heriot watt and University of Wollongong(Australia) these are top 200. and fee 81K dhs to 75Kdhs.

Then there are Manchester Busi school and Stratclyde Univ (uk) which are Top 50 and fees 130 to 150K dhs.

The Strathclyde has it's campus in HCT in Academic city & Qusais. How is this school. worth going???
Their learning method:-
1. Face-to-Face teaching by Strathclyde staff @ HCT. Seminars & workshops & exams by them.
2. Regular local conselling sessionsn by HCT-CERT.

Best regards,
Hi friends, Still confused which mba to take. Today I went to Hult fees:- 188k dhs(with 15% tution fee scholarship).. Does ranking of international MBA matter(of course the top 10 or 50 does), ‘coz I know two such schools Heriot watt and University of Wollongong(Australia) these are top 200. and fee 81K dhs to 75Kdhs. Then there are Manchester Busi school and Stratclyde Univ (uk) which are Top 50 and fees 130 to 150K dhs. The Strathclyde has it's campus in HCT in Academic city & Qusais. How is this school. worth going??? Their learning method:- 1. Face-to-Face teaching by Strathclyde staff @ HCT. Seminars & workshops & exams by them. 2. Regular local conselling sessionsn by HCT-CERT. Best regards,

gharper73

Feb 05, 2010 11:10

useful 0

hi MBA-Dubai,

Rankings are useful up to a point. Each ranking is weighted in a different fashion, for instance the FT ranking weights post-MBA salary highly, as well as the quality of the faculty and research. Business Week takes more consideration of student and recruiters opinions. So as long as you are familiar with the methodology used and understand why schools appear where they do, they can be useful.

I would say that accreditation is equally if not more important than the rankings. They give you the reassurance that the quality of the curriculum has been verified by independent bodies.

The main accreditation bodies are
AMBA - UK
Equis - Europe
AACSB - USA

Some schools like LBS are accredited by all 3.

In terms of cost versus value, generally, you get what you pay for. Most accredited schools will have a similar curriculum. For the very top schools, with the toughest admission standards, you pay extra for the brand on your CV and the quality of the students and the alumni network, which will stay with you long after you have graduated. Any MBA should be viewed as a long term investment that will keep paying a return 5, 10, 15 years into the future.
hi MBA-Dubai, Rankings are useful up to a point. Each ranking is weighted in a different fashion, for instance the FT ranking weights post-MBA salary highly, as well as the quality of the faculty and research. Business Week takes more consideration of student and recruiters opinions. So as long as you are familiar with the methodology used and understand why schools appear where they do, they can be useful. I would say that accreditation is equally if not more important than the rankings. They give you the reassurance that the quality of the curriculum has been verified by independent bodies. The main accreditation bodies are AMBA - UK Equis - Europe AACSB - USA Some schools like LBS are accredited by all 3. In terms of cost versus value, generally, you get what you pay for. Most accredited schools will have a similar curriculum. For the very top schools, with the toughest admission standards, you pay extra for the brand on your CV and the quality of the students and the alumni network, which will stay with you long after you have graduated. Any MBA should be viewed as a long term investment that will keep paying a return 5, 10, 15 years into the future.

Feb 10, 2010 04:59

useful 0

Hi,
I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early.
And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School.
Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?
Hi, I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early. And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School. Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?

ibanker

Feb 10, 2010 06:10

useful 0

Hult has a Master of International Business program in Dubai specifically designed for fresh graduates.

http://www.hult.edu/masters-program/programs/international-business

I doubt any ranked business school will give you a true "MBA" without work experience. But no doubt Wollongong and some other local schools may.
Hult has a Master of International Business program in Dubai specifically designed for fresh graduates. http://www.hult.edu/masters-program/programs/international-business I doubt any ranked business school will give you a true "MBA" without work experience. But no doubt Wollongong and some other local schools may.

Shazza

Feb 20, 2010 03:40

useful 0

This thread has been very usefull, i have done a bit of research and attended some info sessions, still to attend a few the next few weeks and have narrowed my options as follows, as per FT ranking in last 3yrs and costs in GBP:
Ranking (2010/2008/2009)
LBS - 1/1/2 GBP58,212
Manchester - 40/32/32 GBP
Cass: City University- 41/41/41 GBP29,000
Strathclyde Uni - 51/41/30 GBP15,000
Herriot Watt - Edinbrgh 81/92/44 GBP14,580
Bradford -89/87/53 GBP14,000
Hult - 94/ 97/0 GBP39,204

I know the EMBA ranking is different and only a few of those were ranked in 2009 for EMBA.
Does anyone know more about Herriot Watt, Strathcldye and Bradford, price wise they seem better and ranked higher than Hult, which only gives financial aid to North Americans, i am south african so:(
This thread has been very usefull, i have done a bit of research and attended some info sessions, still to attend a few the next few weeks and have narrowed my options as follows, as per FT ranking in last 3yrs and costs in GBP: Ranking (2010/2008/2009) LBS - 1/1/2 GBP58,212 Manchester - 40/32/32 GBP Cass: City University- 41/41/41 GBP29,000 Strathclyde Uni - 51/41/30 GBP15,000 Herriot Watt - Edinbrgh 81/92/44 GBP14,580 Bradford -89/87/53 GBP14,000 Hult - 94/ 97/0 GBP39,204 I know the EMBA ranking is different and only a few of those were ranked in 2009 for EMBA. Does anyone know more about Herriot Watt, Strathcldye and Bradford, price wise they seem better and ranked higher than Hult, which only gives financial aid to North Americans, i am south african so:(

ibanker

Feb 20, 2010 07:20

useful 0

Be careful of using the FT ranking when choosing a school in Dubai. Heriott and Strathclyde dont contribute their student data from Dubai (UAE is not listed as their location). Hult does. By the way not true that Hult doesnt give financial aid to people outside North America. I am from Europe and got a loan + scholarship.
Be careful of using the FT ranking when choosing a school in Dubai. Heriott and Strathclyde dont contribute their student data from Dubai (UAE is not listed as their location). Hult does. By the way not true that Hult doesnt give financial aid to people outside North America. I am from Europe and got a loan + scholarship.

Shazza

Feb 21, 2010 01:43

useful 0

well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more
<blockquote>Be careful of using the FT ranking when choosing a school in Dubai. Heriott and Strathclyde dont contribute their student data from Dubai (UAE is not listed as their location). Hult does. By the way not true that Hult doesnt give financial aid to people outside North America. I am from Europe and got a loan + scholarship.</blockquote> well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more

Stef

Mar 02, 2010 04:22

useful 0

Hi Shazza (and anyone else who can answer)!
I am also from South Africa and I am looking for a part-time MBA in Dubai.
Strathclyde has been recommended to me - what is your impression of this school from the info session you attended?
Do they offer scholarships for South Africans?
Thanks!
Hi Shazza (and anyone else who can answer)! I am also from South Africa and I am looking for a part-time MBA in Dubai. Strathclyde has been recommended to me - what is your impression of this school from the info session you attended? Do they offer scholarships for South Africans? Thanks!

ibanker

Mar 02, 2010 10:33

useful 0

well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more

How was the Hult info session?
<blockquote> well, i checked Hult's website and the info i saw on scholarships was for North Americans, but am going to an info session tomorrow and will find out more</blockquote> How was the Hult info session?

yasar434

Mar 22, 2010 12:37

useful 0

I have recently applied for admission in Hult Business School I am presently working in UAE I am planning to quit my job and join MBA how will I get a education loan from a UAE bank as I am an Indian national. I dont have much financial aid from my family for MBA as the fees are too high. But I am very desperate to do MBA from an Internationally recognised BSCHOOL.
I have recently applied for admission in Hult Business School I am presently working in UAE I am planning to quit my job and join MBA how will I get a education loan from a UAE bank as I am an Indian national. I dont have much financial aid from my family for MBA as the fees are too high. But I am very desperate to do MBA from an Internationally recognised BSCHOOL.

alerizwe

Apr 06, 2010 01:06

useful 0

Hi ammiy,
Did you joined MBS ? How is your experience about their education ? I am planning to join this program in July 2010.
Hi ammiy, Did you joined MBS ? How is your experience about their education ? I am planning to join this program in July 2010.

pat127

Apr 12, 2010 11:30

useful 0

hello,
i need to make a choice between bradford emba and strathclyde mba in dubai. please provide your inputs!!! which one is more preferred by employers in general?
hello, i need to make a choice between bradford emba and strathclyde mba in dubai. please provide your inputs!!! which one is more preferred by employers in general?

gharper73

May 01, 2010 07:46

useful 0

Hi,
I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early.
And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School.
Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?

Hi Sarah,
Most of the top full-time MBA programmes require at least 2 years of postgraduate work experience. This is because a large proportion of the learning comes from the shared experiences of the class.

If you are looking for a programme specifically designed for students without any experience you should consider the raft of MSc in Management courses that are around. The FT has a ranking of these at http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-management

London Business School launched a Msc Management last year, which is too new to be included in the FT's list. This is specifically designed for students with less than 1 year of experience.
http://www.london.edu/programmes/mastersinmanagement.html
<blockquote>Hi, I wanted to get an MBA but for all Universities I checked, Hult, LBS, Cass; they needed a minimum of 4 years experience. I am a fresh graduate and still dont have any finance related experience but still want get my MBA early. And I want to get it from an internationally recognised School. Does anyone know if there is a program in any international university that provides an MBA without experience?</blockquote> Hi Sarah, Most of the top full-time MBA programmes require at least 2 years of postgraduate work experience. This is because a large proportion of the learning comes from the shared experiences of the class. If you are looking for a programme specifically designed for students without any experience you should consider the raft of MSc in Management courses that are around. The FT has a ranking of these at http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/masters-in-management London Business School launched a Msc Management last year, which is too new to be included in the FT's list. This is specifically designed for students with less than 1 year of experience. http://www.london.edu/programmes/mastersinmanagement.html

natchiram

May 02, 2010 06:10

useful 0

Hi All,

Apart from Hult and Manchester, is University of wollongong a good option in dubai?I went through their website and found it good but some useful information from anyone of you guys will be great.

Thanks,
Ram
Hi All, Apart from Hult and Manchester, is University of wollongong a good option in dubai?I went through their website and found it good but some useful information from anyone of you guys will be great. Thanks, Ram

May 03, 2010 04:50

useful 0

Hi there.. coming from a fellow IMT,Dubai passout, this should lend some trust in the views expressed below.
The strangest thing bout dis discussion is that no1 has evn bothered to mention IMT Dubai in this thread.
IMT dubai evr since its inception has maintained a tremendous placement record and coupled with its amazing infrastructure and student life makes it the ideal destination for an mba.
wat more can you ask for form an institute that comes from a rich heritage of IMT Ghaziabad back in India with 29years of experience.
PLus it has students from all over the world. givin u a truly global learning experience.
Luck to all
Hi there.. coming from a fellow IMT,Dubai passout, this should lend some trust in the views expressed below. The strangest thing bout dis discussion is that no1 has evn bothered to mention IMT Dubai in this thread. IMT dubai evr since its inception has maintained a tremendous placement record and coupled with its amazing infrastructure and student life makes it the ideal destination for an mba. wat more can you ask for form an institute that comes from a rich heritage of IMT Ghaziabad back in India with 29years of experience. PLus it has students from all over the world. givin u a truly global learning experience. Luck to all

aboyman

May 06, 2010 11:53

useful 0

what a wonderful discussion here.i am applying for an Mba and have upto 2 years experience.after the mba tour at lagos hult staff called me for an interview,which is still on process.but am interested in INSEAD and i heard that they have a campus too in dubai.can some one tell me about INSEAD.the cost is high but i think the gain is much.actually looking out for scholarships.
what a wonderful discussion here.i am applying for an Mba and have upto 2 years experience.after the mba tour at lagos hult staff called me for an interview,which is still on process.but am interested in INSEAD and i heard that they have a campus too in dubai.can some one tell me about INSEAD.the cost is high but i think the gain is much.actually looking out for scholarships.

natchiram

May 07, 2010 05:33

useful 0

I am thankful to you guys for letting me know the top universities based in Dubai. I know that University of wollongong in Australia is a very good university. But can anyone clarify on where it stands in the league of Insead, Manchester, Hult in Dubai. Does UoW has the same reputation?
I am thankful to you guys for letting me know the top universities based in Dubai. I know that University of wollongong in Australia is a very good university. But can anyone clarify on where it stands in the league of Insead, Manchester, Hult in Dubai. Does UoW has the same reputation?

vivekjn

May 26, 2010 07:01

useful 0

Can somebody throw some light on Manchester's part-time (global) MBA programs offered through Dubai Centre. I have been offered a place on part-time MBA from Manchester (Dubai Campus) for July 2010 intake. I have 10+ years of experience in banking/financial services with B. Com. Is it treated at par with full-time Manchester MBAs in the industry ?
Can somebody throw some light on Manchester's part-time (global) MBA programs offered through Dubai Centre. I have been offered a place on part-time MBA from Manchester (Dubai Campus) for July 2010 intake. I have 10+ years of experience in banking/financial services with B. Com. Is it treated at par with full-time Manchester MBAs in the industry ?

ammiy

Jun 12, 2010 04:44

useful 0

Hi Vivek,

Are you joining Manchester, are youlooking at some other b schools also.
Hi Vivek, Are you joining Manchester, are youlooking at some other b schools also.

vivekjn

Jun 13, 2010 06:45

useful 0

Hi Ammiy,
The last date is just round the corner i.e. 15th June, could you help me to take a decision

Regards,
Vivek
Hi Ammiy, The last date is just round the corner i.e. 15th June, could you help me to take a decision Regards, Vivek

ammiy

Jun 13, 2010 07:50

useful 0

MBS course is good, though lot of commitment is required. I am not sure if it is ranked at par with full time MBA.
MBS course is good, though lot of commitment is required. I am not sure if it is ranked at par with full time MBA.

alerizwe

Jun 13, 2010 08:31

useful 0

Well the degree is the same.... as they award to full time students .. so i dont think its any different in terms of wht you get at the end :). I ve joined july 2010 batch so hope to see you there .. and ammiy thnx for your feedback.
Well the degree is the same.... as they award to full time students .. so i dont think its any different in terms of wht you get at the end :). I ve joined july 2010 batch so hope to see you there .. and ammiy thnx for your feedback.

vivekjn

Jun 15, 2010 06:14

useful 0

Hi Alerizwe / ammiy,

Thanks guys for your inputs, i have finally decided to join MBS (July 2010 batch in Dubai Campus). Hope to see you on board !

Cheers!
Vivek
Hi Alerizwe / ammiy, Thanks guys for your inputs, i have finally decided to join MBS (July 2010 batch in Dubai Campus). Hope to see you on board ! Cheers! Vivek

Jun 15, 2010 09:00

useful 0

Hi friends,

It seems a lot of us have decided to join MBS. I did a bit of my research. Even applied to LBS; but finally decided to join MBS.
For it's ranking and fees after discount it's value for money.

br,
Hi friends, It seems a lot of us have decided to join MBS. I did a bit of my research. Even applied to LBS; but finally decided to join MBS. For it's ranking and fees after discount it's value for money. br,

vivekjn

Jun 15, 2010 08:36

useful 0

Ammiy,

As you joined the MBS last year, could you please share your experience with MBS so far, I mean in terms of hours of study (on a daily/weekly basis), time to be spent at campus (KV Dubai) and the method of assessment (whether exam based or assignment based).

Thanks,
Vivek
Ammiy, As you joined the MBS last year, could you please share your experience with MBS so far, I mean in terms of hours of study (on a daily/weekly basis), time to be spent at campus (KV Dubai) and the method of assessment (whether exam based or assignment based). Thanks, Vivek

arsshad

Jun 20, 2010 08:44

useful 0

This is very useful discussion about Dubai MBA. Thanks for the contributors.

I have short listed three universities and find it difficult to make a decision. Can someone help to calarify?

1) Edinburg Business School : ( General MBA 81, 000 AED )
Evaluation through a single exam for subject

2) UOW ( 82 000 AED)
Popular in UAE. Not accredited by AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB. parent univerisity average in Australia

3) Middlesex Dubai ( 65, 000 AED)
When I read their website seems to be good.

If there is any one already in those MBAs or who has completed , please share your experince. Looking for a program which can develop me faster to achieve the next height of career.
This is very useful discussion about Dubai MBA. Thanks for the contributors. I have short listed three universities and find it difficult to make a decision. Can someone help to calarify? 1) Edinburg Business School : ( General MBA 81, 000 AED ) Evaluation through a single exam for subject 2) UOW ( 82 000 AED) Popular in UAE. Not accredited by AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB. parent univerisity average in Australia 3) Middlesex Dubai ( 65, 000 AED) When I read their website seems to be good. If there is any one already in those MBAs or who has completed , please share your experince. Looking for a program which can develop me faster to achieve the next height of career.

Shazza

Jun 23, 2010 12:33

useful 0

Ammiy,

As you joined the MBS last year, could you please share your experience with MBS so far, I mean in terms of hours of study (on a daily/weekly basis), time to be spent at campus (KV Dubai) and the method of assessment (whether exam based or assignment based).

Thanks,
Vivek

Hi all

seems like you all decided on MBS, i got an offer 3 weeks ago and was still waiting for other business schools to respond, Cass also accepted me, but am hoping for Bradford as their fees and payment terms are quite ok.
But i just read something on MBA discounted fees, i thought they were 23 thousand pounds. Does anyone know about the discount, and also the three instead of 2 years was a bit too long for me.
Can you guys tell me why you went with it, and what is the cost, with discount.
<blockquote>Ammiy, As you joined the MBS last year, could you please share your experience with MBS so far, I mean in terms of hours of study (on a daily/weekly basis), time to be spent at campus (KV Dubai) and the method of assessment (whether exam based or assignment based). Thanks, Vivek</blockquote> Hi all seems like you all decided on MBS, i got an offer 3 weeks ago and was still waiting for other business schools to respond, Cass also accepted me, but am hoping for Bradford as their fees and payment terms are quite ok. But i just read something on MBA discounted fees, i thought they were 23 thousand pounds. Does anyone know about the discount, and also the three instead of 2 years was a bit too long for me. Can you guys tell me why you went with it, and what is the cost, with discount.

Jun 23, 2010 01:27

useful 0

Well consider also Strathclyde Businness School. It's about 100.000 aed, (not sure of the exact fee this year) but it's definetly a higher level compared to middlesex and wollongong. It has triple accreditation and is in the to 50 (i think around 41) in the world global MBA ranking of FT. It takes 2 year part time, and is quite flexible.
It's the best or one of the best in term of what you get for the money you spend worldwide (again according to FT).
Well consider also Strathclyde Businness School. It's about 100.000 aed, (not sure of the exact fee this year) but it's definetly a higher level compared to middlesex and wollongong. It has triple accreditation and is in the to 50 (i think around 41) in the world global MBA ranking of FT. It takes 2 year part time, and is quite flexible. It's the best or one of the best in term of what you get for the money you spend worldwide (again according to FT).

vivekjn

Jun 23, 2010 02:43

useful 0

Ammiy,
Hi all

seems like you all decided on MBS, i got an offer 3 weeks ago and was still waiting for other business schools to respond, Cass also accepted me, but am hoping for Bradford as their fees and payment terms are quite ok.
But i just read something on MBA discounted fees, i thought they were 23 thousand pounds. Does anyone know about the discount, and also the three instead of 2 years was a bit too long for me.
Can you guys tell me why you went with it, and what is the cost, with discount.

MBS offer 20%/15% discount on first two semester fees if you apply before approx. 3 or 2 months ahead of the deadline (for exact discount, check-out their website). MBS has an active presence in Dubai (in KV) and centers across the world and ranked in top 50 global business school (check out 2010 FT rankings) and has got triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA & Equis). Fees (for July 2010 intake) is GBP 23K (excluding discount).
<blockquote>Ammiy, Hi all seems like you all decided on MBS, i got an offer 3 weeks ago and was still waiting for other business schools to respond, Cass also accepted me, but am hoping for Bradford as their fees and payment terms are quite ok. But i just read something on MBA discounted fees, i thought they were 23 thousand pounds. Does anyone know about the discount, and also the three instead of 2 years was a bit too long for me. Can you guys tell me why you went with it, and what is the cost, with discount. </blockquote> MBS offer 20%/15% discount on first two semester fees if you apply before approx. 3 or 2 months ahead of the deadline (for exact discount, check-out their website). MBS has an active presence in Dubai (in KV) and centers across the world and ranked in top 50 global business school (check out 2010 FT rankings) and has got triple accreditation (AACSB, AMBA & Equis). Fees (for July 2010 intake) is GBP 23K (excluding discount).

Jun 24, 2010 07:14

useful 0

Hi,

I am also thinking to apply for an MBA but in my case it has to be an EMBA since I am moving to UAE (living in Canada now). I am planning to go for an EMBA probably next year around September in Dubai.

The choice for an MBA program is really personal. Just one thing: REPUTATION MATTERS, RANKINGS and SO DOES THE ALUMNI. If you can afford doing the best in terms of reputation it will open you doors. It really boils down to what you are looking to moving forward. Are you planning to move overseas or stay locally? Working for a global firm can lead you to different post and where you 've got the MBA will matter when you compete against other candidates. The MBA can give you a fresh start if you feel that way. There is also impact on the salaries. Check the rankings for this too. Well, what I am trying to say is: try to go for one that will bring you more opportunities (return) for the buck.

I just wanted to know if there are more people looking to apply for this EMBA at London Business School. Do they offer weekends/ Fridays classes or not ? Do they offer any sort of part time ?

I think that's my only challenge.

Please let me know if you know more about this.

Thanks,
Rahul
Hi, I am also thinking to apply for an MBA but in my case it has to be an EMBA since I am moving to UAE (living in Canada now). I am planning to go for an EMBA probably next year around September in Dubai. The choice for an MBA program is really personal. Just one thing: REPUTATION MATTERS, RANKINGS and SO DOES THE ALUMNI. If you can afford doing the best in terms of reputation it will open you doors. It really boils down to what you are looking to moving forward. Are you planning to move overseas or stay locally? Working for a global firm can lead you to different post and where you 've got the MBA will matter when you compete against other candidates. The MBA can give you a fresh start if you feel that way. There is also impact on the salaries. Check the rankings for this too. Well, what I am trying to say is: try to go for one that will bring you more opportunities (return) for the buck. I just wanted to know if there are more people looking to apply for this EMBA at London Business School. Do they offer weekends/ Fridays classes or not ? Do they offer any sort of part time ? I think that's my only challenge. Please let me know if you know more about this. Thanks, Rahul

yasar434

Jun 24, 2010 06:24

useful 0

For all those who want to pursue their MBA in UAE. I would suggest to consider a few facts. As all MBA aspirants know that we need a good GMAT score to join any good B-School. Please try to find out about the GMAT score requirement for the B-Schools offering MBA in UAE and their Main Campuses. You will find that their is a major difference in the GMAT score requirement in UAE, U.S.A & U.K. If getting into a good B-School is what you guys are looking for you should have a good GMAT score. London Business School, Manchester Business School, Insead, Hult e.t.c. Are the B-Schools which are among the top 100 B-Schools across the globe. But it doesnt means that their campuses in Dubai is also given the same rank, exception is Hult Dubai campus which is ranked as 95 in FT rankings.

Has anyone ever thought that to get into LBS, MBS, Insead you need a GMAT score higher than 700. And the requirements for GMAT scores in UAE campuses is 450-550. Now how many among you think that getting a low GMAT score and paying a discounted fee will give you a MBA that is as valuable as the MBA that you do from U.S.A, U.K, France or Europe.

Believe me friends its not worth to do MBA from U.A.E. Please note that American degree or European MBA may fetch you a good job anywhere across the globe. But a MBA from UAE will limit you only to the Gulf Countries and you wont be counted on par with MBA's from U.S.A or U.K

So my friends please think of it before you want to do MBA.
For all those who want to pursue their MBA in UAE. I would suggest to consider a few facts. As all MBA aspirants know that we need a good GMAT score to join any good B-School. Please try to find out about the GMAT score requirement for the B-Schools offering MBA in UAE and their Main Campuses. You will find that their is a major difference in the GMAT score requirement in UAE, U.S.A & U.K. If getting into a good B-School is what you guys are looking for you should have a good GMAT score. London Business School, Manchester Business School, Insead, Hult e.t.c. Are the B-Schools which are among the top 100 B-Schools across the globe. But it doesnt means that their campuses in Dubai is also given the same rank, exception is Hult Dubai campus which is ranked as 95 in FT rankings. Has anyone ever thought that to get into LBS, MBS, Insead you need a GMAT score higher than 700. And the requirements for GMAT scores in UAE campuses is 450-550. Now how many among you think that getting a low GMAT score and paying a discounted fee will give you a MBA that is as valuable as the MBA that you do from U.S.A, U.K, France or Europe. Believe me friends its not worth to do MBA from U.A.E. Please note that American degree or European MBA may fetch you a good job anywhere across the globe. But a MBA from UAE will limit you only to the Gulf Countries and you wont be counted on par with MBA's from U.S.A or U.K So my friends please think of it before you want to do MBA.

nyk

Aug 29, 2010 08:42

useful 0

thanks everyone for valuable info !!
i had recently been to the counselling session of MBS in dubai.. i just want to put down some points as well

1) The degree certificate for executive MBA and regular MBA (which is only in UK) are similar and does not mention the centre, for the matter of fact , it does not mention even the specialization, only the transcripts mention that.

2) fees is around 21,300 british pounds (this is discounted price for the coming sem orelse i think the around 23,000.

3) one has to take out 6 days in between every semester (1 sem=6months) for regular lectures by profs from uk who fly down to dubai and the MBA lasts for roughly 3 years with project and this can be accelerated to 2 years basing on performace of 2 sems and the MBA can be completed within 5 years max.

4) the course study is self by books/cds/online/elibraries/etc + the 6 days mentioned above. if someone misses out the 6day lecture in dubai ,he/she can attend this at the next venue which could be either of their 8 centres (india, hk,china,singpre, rio,miame,uk,jamaica). the univ only provides free stay.

4)pay fees in 6 installments. the requirements for selection for executive prog is that the GMAT is not necessary if one has 7 years of managerial/mid level managerial experience.
for people who would choose finance as specialization, they can waive off 2 sems if they are holding professional degeree in CMA/CFP/CPA/CA...etc

5) exams- 3 hours open book exam, more emphasis is given on assignments and exams are given at british council, infact you can appear for exams in any country where a british council is located (it does not have to match with the centres mentioned above)

6) specializations - global/general mba, finance, engineering/construction, sports.

7) someone already mentioned about the
accreditation by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB International

but as someone mentioned that Hult provides job assistance, there is no such thing here and also as yasar434 mentioned, i don't know how this would be ranked or compared to the regular mba from MBS UK..

kindly, someone give me more comparisons for MBS/HULT/LBS...
and also if someone is doing the course already from any of these , kindly give more details as to course, teaching, facilities, etc
basically any info
thanks everyone for valuable info !! i had recently been to the counselling session of MBS in dubai.. i just want to put down some points as well 1) The degree certificate for executive MBA and regular MBA (which is only in UK) are similar and does not mention the centre, for the matter of fact , it does not mention even the specialization, only the transcripts mention that. 2) fees is around 21,300 british pounds (this is discounted price for the coming sem orelse i think the around 23,000. 3) one has to take out 6 days in between every semester (1 sem=6months) for regular lectures by profs from uk who fly down to dubai and the MBA lasts for roughly 3 years with project and this can be accelerated to 2 years basing on performace of 2 sems and the MBA can be completed within 5 years max. 4) the course study is self by books/cds/online/elibraries/etc + the 6 days mentioned above. if someone misses out the 6day lecture in dubai ,he/she can attend this at the next venue which could be either of their 8 centres (india, hk,china,singpre, rio,miame,uk,jamaica). the univ only provides free stay. 4)pay fees in 6 installments. the requirements for selection for executive prog is that the GMAT is not necessary if one has 7 years of managerial/mid level managerial experience. for people who would choose finance as specialization, they can waive off 2 sems if they are holding professional degeree in CMA/CFP/CPA/CA...etc 5) exams- 3 hours open book exam, more emphasis is given on assignments and exams are given at british council, infact you can appear for exams in any country where a british council is located (it does not have to match with the centres mentioned above) 6) specializations - global/general mba, finance, engineering/construction, sports. 7) someone already mentioned about the accreditation by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB International but as someone mentioned that Hult provides job assistance, there is no such thing here and also as yasar434 mentioned, i don't know how this would be ranked or compared to the regular mba from MBS UK.. kindly, someone give me more comparisons for MBS/HULT/LBS... and also if someone is doing the course already from any of these , kindly give more details as to course, teaching, facilities, etc basically any info

arry

Sep 05, 2010 07:26

useful 0

JohnOL

Sep 14, 2010 06:46

useful 0

It seems like this thread is quite popular - the first post is dated February 2009 and the thread's still going strong! Impressive.

The University of Wollongong's Dubai programs have been mentioned a few times in this thread, however, there is also Zayed University that is worthwhile considering.

Naturally, you need to evaluate the return on investment of the EMBAs or MBAs and see if your employer can fund or part-fund your MBA program. But drop them both a line to see how they think they can help your career.

Best wishes!
It seems like this thread is quite popular - the first post is dated February 2009 and the thread's still going strong! Impressive. The University of Wollongong's Dubai programs have been mentioned a few times in this thread, however, there is also Zayed University that is worthwhile considering. Naturally, you need to evaluate the return on investment of the EMBAs or MBAs and see if your employer can fund or part-fund your MBA program. But drop them both a line to see how they think they can help your career. Best wishes!

wassioom

Sep 15, 2010 10:25

useful 0

Hello,
I'm confused between 2 schools, and i'm unable to reach a final decison:
-Edinburgh Business School - Heriot-Watt.
-University of Wollongong Dubai.

Wollongong is accredited by UAE higher education, but i don't know if that is really an important advantage.

Please let me know your input, especially from students who already attended any of them.
Hello, I'm confused between 2 schools, and i'm unable to reach a final decison: -Edinburgh Business School - Heriot-Watt. -University of Wollongong Dubai. Wollongong is accredited by UAE higher education, but i don't know if that is really an important advantage. Please let me know your input, especially from students who already attended any of them.

billim

Sep 16, 2010 11:59

useful 0

Hello,
I am working in a Bank as Systems architect right now and have done BSC (hons) in computer sciences. I have an experience of almost 4 years.
I have got an admission for MBA in Australia, but because of the high costs, i have been delaying my MBA. One of my friends told me about the MBA programs in Dubai. Currently, he is doing MBA from wollongong uni - Dubai. He said that it is a nice program and very flexible as well, that is one can work and study. But i am just confused whether doing MBA from dubai is a better option and that too from wollongong which doesn't have any ranking.
So can any one pls help me in this matter ? I want to know whether wollongong MBA is a reputable in the market in UAE? Thanks
Hello, I am working in a Bank as Systems architect right now and have done BSC (hons) in computer sciences. I have an experience of almost 4 years. I have got an admission for MBA in Australia, but because of the high costs, i have been delaying my MBA. One of my friends told me about the MBA programs in Dubai. Currently, he is doing MBA from wollongong uni - Dubai. He said that it is a nice program and very flexible as well, that is one can work and study. But i am just confused whether doing MBA from dubai is a better option and that too from wollongong which doesn't have any ranking. So can any one pls help me in this matter ? I want to know whether wollongong MBA is a reputable in the market in UAE? Thanks

alerizwe

Sep 16, 2010 08:35

useful 0

In my opinion University of wollongong and heriot-watt are not recognized by any of the Accrediting bodies of MBA like AACSB,AMBA and EQUIS. Even i called representative of Wollongong and she didn't even know what these bodies are and what they do. So in my opinon only good schools to consider in dubai are London business school,Hult,Strathclyde,Manchester Business school and Cass's executive mba program.
All of them are really expensive i myself joined Manchester Business School and i am satisfied how they conduct it.
In my opinion University of wollongong and heriot-watt are not recognized by any of the Accrediting bodies of MBA like AACSB,AMBA and EQUIS. Even i called representative of Wollongong and she didn't even know what these bodies are and what they do. So in my opinon only good schools to consider in dubai are London business school,Hult,Strathclyde,Manchester Business school and Cass's executive mba program. All of them are really expensive i myself joined Manchester Business School and i am satisfied how they conduct it.

wassioom

Sep 16, 2010 11:05

useful 0

In my opinion University of wollongong and heriot-watt are not recognized by any of the Accrediting bodies of MBA like AACSB,AMBA and EQUIS. Even i called representative of Wollongong and she didn't even know what these bodies are and what they do. So in my opinon only good schools to consider in dubai are London business school,Hult,Strathclyde,Manchester Business school and Cass's executive mba program.
All of them are really expensive i myself joined Manchester Business School and i am satisfied how they conduct it.

But we're talking about major more money... more than 50% more..
<blockquote>In my opinion University of wollongong and heriot-watt are not recognized by any of the Accrediting bodies of MBA like AACSB,AMBA and EQUIS. Even i called representative of Wollongong and she didn't even know what these bodies are and what they do. So in my opinon only good schools to consider in dubai are London business school,Hult,Strathclyde,Manchester Business school and Cass's executive mba program. All of them are really expensive i myself joined Manchester Business School and i am satisfied how they conduct it.</blockquote> But we're talking about major more money... more than 50% more..

billim

Sep 18, 2010 02:10

useful 0

Thanks for you reply.. Yes i have heard about wollongong that it is just an OK sort of uni... Most of their teachers are local & the degree which they give is only acceptable in the UAE and has no international accreditation...the only good thing is that it has a very good fee module and very flexible classes, so one can afford to work as well as study... But in the end one should consider that MBA should be done from a respectable uni cuz this is what u will carry for your whole life..so i think wollongong is out of question.

I have checked HULT website thorughly but i really cant find their MBA fee... somewhere it is written its $26k part time MBA and somewhere its $50K... i am not sure what the exact fee is... secondly i want to know what their GMAT requirement is.. I did GMAT but unfortunatel i didtn score good.. so in that case i might do it again...so is the case with strathclyde... i want to know doing mba from dubai is a better option or one should still do it from their original campus?
Thanks for you reply.. Yes i have heard about wollongong that it is just an OK sort of uni... Most of their teachers are local & the degree which they give is only acceptable in the UAE and has no international accreditation...the only good thing is that it has a very good fee module and very flexible classes, so one can afford to work as well as study... But in the end one should consider that MBA should be done from a respectable uni cuz this is what u will carry for your whole life..so i think wollongong is out of question. I have checked HULT website thorughly but i really cant find their MBA fee... somewhere it is written its $26k part time MBA and somewhere its $50K... i am not sure what the exact fee is... secondly i want to know what their GMAT requirement is.. I did GMAT but unfortunatel i didtn score good.. so in that case i might do it again...so is the case with strathclyde... i want to know doing mba from dubai is a better option or one should still do it from their original campus?

rajjeve

Oct 26, 2010 10:48

useful 0

Hi,
This is a really nice and informative discussion board.

I have decided only last week to take a EMBA course from a well recog. university here. Unfortunately, addmissions are already closed for some of the good ones like MBS, Cass,bradford etc.

1) What are good options that I still have for course begining in 2010 or early 2011?
2) How is SP Jain? its quite reputed back home in India...not sure for EMBA here.

Someone pls. ENLIGHTEN ME. Shall be really grateful.

Regards
Rajeev
Hi, This is a really nice and informative discussion board. I have decided only last week to take a EMBA course from a well recog. university here. Unfortunately, addmissions are already closed for some of the good ones like MBS, Cass,bradford etc. 1) What are good options that I still have for course begining in 2010 or early 2011? 2) How is SP Jain? its quite reputed back home in India...not sure for EMBA here. Someone pls. ENLIGHTEN ME. Shall be really grateful. Regards Rajeev

arsshad

Oct 30, 2010 08:53

useful 0

Hi rajjeve,

1) Check Univerisity of strathclyde. course timings are only in weekends. MBA starting in April-2011. Manachester Business school starting MBA in Jan, compared to Strathclyde it is expensive, both have almost same accredition.

2) SP Jain- Try to speak with the current students and get their feedback. From my reseatch I found negative result. Their course timing will fit mostly for bachelors. Timing is one week is ON and following weeks is off model. During ON week 6 evening need to attend classess.
You can also check IMT dubai campus accredited by UAE.

Hi rajjeve, 1) Check Univerisity of strathclyde. course timings are only in weekends. MBA starting in April-2011. Manachester Business school starting MBA in Jan, compared to Strathclyde it is expensive, both have almost same accredition. 2) SP Jain- Try to speak with the current students and get their feedback. From my reseatch I found negative result. Their course timing will fit mostly for bachelors. Timing is one week is ON and following weeks is off model. During ON week 6 evening need to attend classess. You can also check IMT dubai campus accredited by UAE.

rajjeve

Oct 30, 2010 01:41

useful 0

Hi Arshad,
Thanks for the reply.
I am going to SPJain today to check it out.
I too had also figured out Strathclyde and MBS. I think MBS offers a 3yrs course. Any idea, if Strathclyde stands anywhere in the rankings.

Regards
Rajeev
Hi Arshad, Thanks for the reply. I am going to SPJain today to check it out. I too had also figured out Strathclyde and MBS. I think MBS offers a 3yrs course. Any idea, if Strathclyde stands anywhere in the rankings. Regards Rajeev

mohabiv

Nov 03, 2010 11:10

useful 0

Hi,
I have just atended their info session today, you have to attend in Dubai workshops once every six months for a period of six days, their program last for 2.5 to 3 years , expandable up to 5 years.

Good luck

Mohab
Hi, I have just atended their info session today, you have to attend in Dubai workshops once every six months for a period of six days, their program last for 2.5 to 3 years , expandable up to 5 years. Good luck Mohab

Nov 04, 2010 06:15

useful 0

Hi,
Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB).

The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling.

The ranking for the FT is 41 for the 3 year span.

I am attending it and I am pretty happy with it.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Davide
Hi, Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB). The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling. The ranking for the FT is 41 for the 3 year span. I am attending it and I am pretty happy with it. Hope this helps. Cheers. Davide

billim

Nov 04, 2010 07:10

useful 0

Hello Davide
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please let me know what degree will you get after doing this MBA, as in would it be strathclyde UK degree or dubai degree?

And secondly, as you mentioned that there are only weekend classes, so do you think of getting good part time jobs, considering the recession dubai is going through?

Thanks
Hello Davide Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please let me know what degree will you get after doing this MBA, as in would it be strathclyde UK degree or dubai degree? And secondly, as you mentioned that there are only weekend classes, so do you think of getting good part time jobs, considering the recession dubai is going through? Thanks

arsshad

Nov 04, 2010 07:19

useful 0

Hi,
Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB).

The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Davide

Hi Davide,

I am also interested in this university , I have only a question unanswered is would 9 hours of local counseling and 15 hours of teaching be enough for a subject study ? (15 hours by UK lecturers, 9 Hours by local counselors) Where as Edinburgh Business school (Dubai) teaching 50 hours per subject by UK lecturers.
<blockquote>Hi, Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB). The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling. The ranking for the FT is 41 for the 3 year span. I am attending it and I am pretty happy with it. Hope this helps. Cheers. Davide </blockquote> Hi Davide, I am also interested in this university , I have only a question unanswered is would 9 hours of local counseling and 15 hours of teaching be enough for a subject study ? (15 hours by UK lecturers, 9 Hours by local counselors) Where as Edinburgh Business school (Dubai) teaching 50 hours per subject by UK lecturers.

Nov 04, 2010 08:25

useful 0

Hi,

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Davide

Hi.
as far as i know, (i am not graduated yet!) one gets the degree from UK, and one for UAE as the program is identical (even same teacher teach in UK and here). Furtherore, being it locally recognized, I think they isseu also a diploma valid in UAE.

As for what concernss to jobs, as the program is very flexible (could be stretched up to 6 years) most people do have a job.
D
<blockquote>Hi, Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB). The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling. The ranking for the FT is 41 for the 3 year span. I am attending it and I am pretty happy with it. Hope this helps. Cheers. Davide </blockquote> Hi. as far as i know, (i am not graduated yet!) one gets the degree from UK, and one for UAE as the program is identical (even same teacher teach in UK and here). Furtherore, being it locally recognized, I think they isseu also a diploma valid in UAE. As for what concernss to jobs, as the program is very flexible (could be stretched up to 6 years) most people do have a job. D

Nov 04, 2010 08:59

useful 0

Look, in my opinion, business management is not rocket science. It requires time and dedication, but the concepts in it selves are not extremely complex (e.g. quantum mechanics).
In that way, whereas it is crucial the quality of the teaching, time in my experience, in not so crucial.

Don't get me wrong, the more time one spends with the teacher, the more one understand the subject, and the level of the teaching increases, however, a good deal of learning has to be done in group of peers and over the books.

PS: an MBA program, often, is a big investment in mater of time and money necessary to carry it out. Please research and make up your own opinion. I.e. don't blame me if then you are not happy with the choice :)

Hi,

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Davide

Hi Davide,

I am also interested in this university , I have only a question unanswered is would 9 hours of local counseling and 15 hours of teaching be enough for a subject study ? (15 hours by UK lecturers, 9 Hours by local counselors) Where as Edinburgh Business school (Dubai) teaching 50 hours per subject by UK lecturers.
Look, in my opinion, business management is not rocket science. It requires time and dedication, but the concepts in it selves are not extremely complex (e.g. quantum mechanics). In that way, whereas it is crucial the quality of the teaching, time in my experience, in not so crucial. Don't get me wrong, the more time one spends with the teacher, the more one understand the subject, and the level of the teaching increases, however, a good deal of learning has to be done in group of peers and over the books. PS: an MBA program, often, is a big investment in mater of time and money necessary to carry it out. Please research and make up your own opinion. I.e. don't blame me if then you are not happy with the choice :) <blockquote><blockquote>Hi, Strathclyde Busness school is accredited in UAE and also hase triple accredidation (Amba, Equis and AACSB). The program is part time having mandatory about one weekend per month (with professors from UK) and about every weekend of local counceling. The ranking for the FT is 41 for the 3 year span. I am attending it and I am pretty happy with it. Hope this helps. Cheers. Davide </blockquote> Hi Davide, I am also interested in this university , I have only a question unanswered is would 9 hours of local counseling and 15 hours of teaching be enough for a subject study ? (15 hours by UK lecturers, 9 Hours by local counselors) Where as Edinburgh Business school (Dubai) teaching 50 hours per subject by UK lecturers.</blockquote>

Akii

Nov 04, 2010 04:58

useful 0

Hi guys......i would suggest to check out HULT International Business School.....Fees is high but at the same time has a good reputation......
Hi guys......i would suggest to check out HULT International Business School.....Fees is high but at the same time has a good reputation......

rajjeve

Nov 30, 2010 08:05

useful 0

Hi david,
Any idea what is the deadline for applications for apr.11' emba session?
I am keen to meet some students taking this course at the campus.
I have also heard they offer some discount on the fees. how much is that generally and what is the criteria?
Regards
Rajeev
Hi david, Any idea what is the deadline for applications for apr.11' emba session? I am keen to meet some students taking this course at the campus. I have also heard they offer some discount on the fees. how much is that generally and what is the criteria? Regards Rajeev

sweet_R

Feb 08, 2011 12:33

useful 0

Iam really happy to read all coments about MBA
as iam really planing to enter MBA ..
and i was searching for along time for unvierstiy in uae
and i choose strathclyde university but we email the coordinator of the program she inform me that we cannot accept you cuz iam 23 years old and i have one year and hafe expirence she advice me to wait for the next year ,and now iam confiused should i enter another university or it worth wait for
please provide me with full information about the study and the certificate and if some one study in this university he\ she will please put your input
i want to ask about the schoolship if any and the teachers the class hour
Thank you for your help
Iam really happy to read all coments about MBA as iam really planing to enter MBA .. and i was searching for along time for unvierstiy in uae and i choose strathclyde university but we email the coordinator of the program she inform me that we cannot accept you cuz iam 23 years old and i have one year and hafe expirence she advice me to wait for the next year ,and now iam confiused should i enter another university or it worth wait for please provide me with full information about the study and the certificate and if some one study in this university he\ she will please put your input i want to ask about the schoolship if any and the teachers the class hour Thank you for your help

rizzv

Feb 08, 2011 02:21

useful 0

Hi Guys...

This my first post in the discussion board...

I am very thankful to all the peoples who have posted a lot of information about various MBA schools in dubai...

I am also planning to join this year to the group of much-hyped MBA aspirants...

I got several calls from HULT Dubai and they are asking me to complete the online application as soon as possible to confirm the seat in sep 2011 intake and to eligible for their scholarship scheme (upto 30% of the total fee = $61200).
At the same time University of Strathclyde can offer the program by less than 50% of the fees charged by HULT and they are now in the process of their April 2011 intake.
I can see from FT Global MBA & EMBA ranking that U of Strathclyde is on par with HULT School of Business.

I give preference to a school which can guarantee more success to their students during post-MBA.

Can anybody would give me a proper advise in this regard and help me???

Hi Guys... This my first post in the discussion board... I am very thankful to all the peoples who have posted a lot of information about various MBA schools in dubai... I am also planning to join this year to the group of much-hyped MBA aspirants... I got several calls from HULT Dubai and they are asking me to complete the online application as soon as possible to confirm the seat in sep 2011 intake and to eligible for their scholarship scheme (upto 30% of the total fee = $61200). At the same time University of Strathclyde can offer the program by less than 50% of the fees charged by HULT and they are now in the process of their April 2011 intake. I can see from FT Global MBA & EMBA ranking that U of Strathclyde is on par with HULT School of Business. I give preference to a school which can guarantee more success to their students during post-MBA. Can anybody would give me a proper advise in this regard and help me???

atal

Feb 09, 2011 01:18

useful 0

Hi, i am also looking for executive program in Dubai. 3 courses i have identified, LBS, CASS and MBS.

Have applied for MBS and waiting for the results. MBS is now no 29 in FT rankings and has many centres. Worskhops are every semester and Cheapest among the 3 above.

Also considered CASS. CASS executive MBA in no 2 in UK and top 15 globally. but need to weigh the once a month workshops which will be quite taxing in terms of time (leaves) and money. Also, CASS costs GBP 15K more than MBS. I dont live in Dubai, but close by Jeddah, Saudi...but still considering CASS because it has electives such as Private equity, Islamic Finance concentration.

LBS is the prestige, globally accepted no 1, but cost and GMAT requirements could prove a hindrance for people whom cant afford to do full time like me..GMAT will take time to study, and I will have to postpone to next year if i really want to do LBS, which i dont think i want to wait...dont think there will be any waiver for GMAT requirement.

Hult, not heard of it, but its damn expensive, Strathclyde is also recognisable but ranking wise below MBS and CASS.
Hi, i am also looking for executive program in Dubai. 3 courses i have identified, LBS, CASS and MBS. Have applied for MBS and waiting for the results. MBS is now no 29 in FT rankings and has many centres. Worskhops are every semester and Cheapest among the 3 above. Also considered CASS. CASS executive MBA in no 2 in UK and top 15 globally. but need to weigh the once a month workshops which will be quite taxing in terms of time (leaves) and money. Also, CASS costs GBP 15K more than MBS. I dont live in Dubai, but close by Jeddah, Saudi...but still considering CASS because it has electives such as Private equity, Islamic Finance concentration. LBS is the prestige, globally accepted no 1, but cost and GMAT requirements could prove a hindrance for people whom cant afford to do full time like me..GMAT will take time to study, and I will have to postpone to next year if i really want to do LBS, which i dont think i want to wait...dont think there will be any waiver for GMAT requirement. Hult, not heard of it, but its damn expensive, Strathclyde is also recognisable but ranking wise below MBS and CASS.

nanand1977

Feb 24, 2011 12:13

useful 0

Hi Atal,

Go for CASS which is second to LBS only in Dubai. The fee is higher than MBS but post MBA propects are much better. As to monthly workshops i count it as an advantage to get more opportunities to networking and team work.
Regards
Nirmal
Hi Atal, Go for CASS which is second to LBS only in Dubai. The fee is higher than MBS but post MBA propects are much better. As to monthly workshops i count it as an advantage to get more opportunities to networking and team work. Regards Nirmal

atal

Mar 01, 2011 08:54

useful 0

Hi Nirmal (nanand1977)...thank you for the advise...yes i am considering Cass..had sent my application and will make decision. By the way, were u student at CASS EMBA (Dubai) and when u said post MBA prospects are much better, what do u mean by that? Please fill me in what way does it enhance the marketability especially in the region.
Hi Nirmal (nanand1977)...thank you for the advise...yes i am considering Cass..had sent my application and will make decision. By the way, were u student at CASS EMBA (Dubai) and when u said post MBA prospects are much better, what do u mean by that? Please fill me in what way does it enhance the marketability especially in the region.

rajjeve

Mar 11, 2011 04:07

useful 0

Hi,
I am also considering the same options for the same reasons.

However, I am finding Cass too very expensive.

I am considering Manchester. However, the total duration is 3 yrs compared to 2 yrs for others. also, face to face workshops are only once in 6 months.

Would like to interact to some students of MBS to find out more.

Regards
Rajeev
+971-56-6526437

Hi, i am also looking for executive program in Dubai. 3 courses i have identified, LBS, CASS and MBS.

Have applied for MBS and waiting for the results. MBS is now no 29 in FT rankings and has many centres. Worskhops are every semester and Cheapest among the 3 above.

Also considered CASS. CASS executive MBA in no 2 in UK and top 15 globally. but need to weigh the once a month workshops which will be quite taxing in terms of time (leaves) and money. Also, CASS costs GBP 15K more than MBS. I dont live in Dubai, but close by Jeddah, Saudi...but still considering CASS because it has electives such as Private equity, Islamic Finance concentration.

LBS is the prestige, globally accepted no 1, but cost and GMAT requirements could prove a hindrance for people whom cant afford to do full time like me..GMAT will take time to study, and I will have to postpone to next year if i really want to do LBS, which i dont think i want to wait...dont think there will be any waiver for GMAT requirement.

Hult, not heard of it, but its damn expensive, Strathclyde is also recognisable but ranking wise below MBS and CASS.
Hi, I am also considering the same options for the same reasons. However, I am finding Cass too very expensive. I am considering Manchester. However, the total duration is 3 yrs compared to 2 yrs for others. also, face to face workshops are only once in 6 months. Would like to interact to some students of MBS to find out more. Regards Rajeev +971-56-6526437 <blockquote>Hi, i am also looking for executive program in Dubai. 3 courses i have identified, LBS, CASS and MBS. Have applied for MBS and waiting for the results. MBS is now no 29 in FT rankings and has many centres. Worskhops are every semester and Cheapest among the 3 above. Also considered CASS. CASS executive MBA in no 2 in UK and top 15 globally. but need to weigh the once a month workshops which will be quite taxing in terms of time (leaves) and money. Also, CASS costs GBP 15K more than MBS. I dont live in Dubai, but close by Jeddah, Saudi...but still considering CASS because it has electives such as Private equity, Islamic Finance concentration. LBS is the prestige, globally accepted no 1, but cost and GMAT requirements could prove a hindrance for people whom cant afford to do full time like me..GMAT will take time to study, and I will have to postpone to next year if i really want to do LBS, which i dont think i want to wait...dont think there will be any waiver for GMAT requirement. Hult, not heard of it, but its damn expensive, Strathclyde is also recognisable but ranking wise below MBS and CASS.</blockquote>

hanil

Jan 08, 2012 01:25

useful 0

Hi,
I have received information about Westford School of Management based in India and UAE providing highly reputed UK MBA and PG Diploma with higly competitive pricing and excellent faculties. They claims to have an innovative approach towards management education.

If any one knows about this please help me out in taking a decision.
Hi, I have received information about Westford School of Management based in India and UAE providing highly reputed UK MBA and PG Diploma with higly competitive pricing and excellent faculties. They claims to have an innovative approach towards management education. If any one knows about this please help me out in taking a decision.

Duncan

Jan 08, 2012 02:03

useful 0

Each course there leads to a qualification from some other school. Most are not UK qualifications. The regular MBA, for example, is from Bharathiar University in Tamil Nadu. The post-graduate diploma will be recognised by lower-quality UK universities. It doesn't seem very innovative to me: just a normal tutoring business for distance learning courses.

PS The regular MBA at Westford's Indian university is named in the footnote on http://www.mywestford.com/mba.html Westford offers several diploma courses and, as far as I can see, only one of them leads to the EdExcel diploma. Indeed, that can be topped up by a few British universities - but none of them are reputed for quality. On this discussions board someone's spoken about the programme leading to an accredited UK MBA, and none of the EdExcel top-up partners are accredited by the respected accreditation bodies (http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations).
Each course there leads to a qualification from some other school. Most are not UK qualifications. The regular MBA, for example, is from Bharathiar University in Tamil Nadu. The post-graduate diploma will be recognised by lower-quality UK universities. It doesn't seem very innovative to me: just a normal tutoring business for distance learning courses. PS The regular MBA at Westford's Indian university is named in the footnote on http://www.mywestford.com/mba.html Westford offers several diploma courses and, as far as I can see, only one of them leads to the EdExcel diploma. Indeed, that can be topped up by a few British universities - but none of them are reputed for quality. On this discussions board someone's spoken about the programme leading to an accredited UK MBA, and none of the EdExcel top-up partners are accredited by the respected accreditation bodies (http://www.find-mba.com/accreditations).

rajjeve

Jan 08, 2012 03:07

useful 0

Hi,
I have listed below(in order of their reputation) some of the Indian univercities conducting business management in UAE through classroom classes :

1) IIM, Indore- (IIM's are Indian govt. owned and most reputed in India; All IIM's offer PG Diploma and not MBA. They are highly inovative and offer quality qducation. IIM-Ahmedabad is ranked 11th as per FT).

2) XLRI- top 5 in India- offers PG-Diploma

3) SP Jain- Dubai- FT ranking 68; offers MBA degree- top 10 in India.

I personally would not recommend any other Indian university. You can find further details by googling.

Regards
Rajeev Kumar
+971-55-3685404
Hi, I have listed below(in order of their reputation) some of the Indian univercities conducting business management in UAE through classroom classes : 1) IIM, Indore- (IIM's are Indian govt. owned and most reputed in India; All IIM's offer PG Diploma and not MBA. They are highly inovative and offer quality qducation. IIM-Ahmedabad is ranked 11th as per FT). 2) XLRI- top 5 in India- offers PG-Diploma 3) SP Jain- Dubai- FT ranking 68; offers MBA degree- top 10 in India. I personally would not recommend any other Indian university. You can find further details by googling. Regards Rajeev Kumar +971-55-3685404

Duncan

Jan 08, 2012 03:46

useful 0

Thanks for this Rajeev. These are great schools. SP Jain students in Dubai can also use their campuses in Australian and Dubai; it's actually an Australian MBA awarded at all three campuses
Thanks for this Rajeev. These are great schools. SP Jain students in Dubai can also use their campuses in Australian and Dubai; it's actually an Australian MBA awarded at all three campuses

hanil

Jan 08, 2012 03:06

useful 0

Cannot agree with both of you as the fees charged by the above said business schools are not affordable for every one at this point of financial crisis and economic slowdown.
These B-schools are selling the qualifications for extremely higher price taking advantage of their reputation in India.
They cannot cater to the majority of the MBA aspirants.
More players should come to this field assuring quality.
Cannot agree with both of you as the fees charged by the above said business schools are not affordable for every one at this point of financial crisis and economic slowdown. These B-schools are selling the qualifications for extremely higher price taking advantage of their reputation in India. They cannot cater to the majority of the MBA aspirants. More players should come to this field assuring quality.

Duncan

Jan 08, 2012 04:11

useful 0

Hi Hanil,

I think you've really captured the problem when you;ve written about "selling the qualifications". The best business schools really change their students through giving them soft skills, electives, high quality classmates, internships, projects and a powerful alumni network. An unaccredited, unranked degree issued without any contact with the issuing university will be a very different experience. For a lower price, a student could take the LSE's diploma for graduates (http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/UOLIP/programmes.aspx#generated-subheading3) and have a distance learning experience with a world-class brand.

Of course an MBA isn't a purchase, it's an investment in changing yourself. The best MBAs normally double salaries, making the investment very easy to justify.

Hi Hanil, I think you've really captured the problem when you;ve written about "selling the qualifications". The best business schools really change their students through giving them soft skills, electives, high quality classmates, internships, projects and a powerful alumni network. An unaccredited, unranked degree issued without any contact with the issuing university will be a very different experience. For a lower price, a student could take the LSE's diploma for graduates (http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/UOLIP/programmes.aspx#generated-subheading3) and have a distance learning experience with a world-class brand. Of course an MBA isn't a purchase, it's an investment in changing yourself. The best MBAs normally double salaries, making the investment very easy to justify.

Raif

Mar 09, 2012 06:26

useful 0

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this forum.

I've been working in the banking sector for last 5 yrs and currently working for European bank; managing a private desk for HNW and Corporates in MENA region.

I'm looking to invest in myself in order to accelerate my career progress and have better exposure more senior posts.

I'm eager to find the best EMBA option available in Dubai to fit my goal, so far I came across LBS and Cass and both have an education center within the financial district in Dubai, but LBS fees are double the price but it runs the program for 16m only.

What do you suggest to choose? your help is highly appreciated.
Raif
Hi Duncan, Thank you for your valuable contribution to this forum. I've been working in the banking sector for last 5 yrs and currently working for European bank; managing a private desk for HNW and Corporates in MENA region. I'm looking to invest in myself in order to accelerate my career progress and have better exposure more senior posts. I'm eager to find the best EMBA option available in Dubai to fit my goal, so far I came across LBS and Cass and both have an education center within the financial district in Dubai, but LBS fees are double the price but it runs the program for 16m only. What do you suggest to choose? your help is highly appreciated. Raif

Duncan

Mar 09, 2012 09:44

useful 0

These are very difference programmes. The Cass programme is prices at a substantial discount to the same programme in London (34K rather than 42K) which must reflect differences in the outcomes for sudents. The Cass programme is adapted to the Dubai, with courses like "Islamic Banking and Financial Products","Oil and Energy Economics and Trading" and "Islamic Law of Business Transactions". It is 58% of the price of LBS.

The LBS programme has a wider curriculum, more or less the same as the two-year MBA. I think there's more content and residential time with LBS. The faculty and international options are on a totally different level (for example, in my LBS EMBA I did a Columbia macroeconomics course with Joe STiglitz, the Nobel-prize winner). I think you should sit in on the classes. My overall feeling is that LBS is more rigourous and internationally useful. If you really want to study at Cass, do it in London.
These are very difference programmes. The Cass programme is prices at a substantial discount to the same programme in London (34K rather than 42K) which must reflect differences in the outcomes for sudents. The Cass programme is adapted to the Dubai, with courses like "Islamic Banking and Financial Products","Oil and Energy Economics and Trading" and "Islamic Law of Business Transactions". It is 58% of the price of LBS. The LBS programme has a wider curriculum, more or less the same as the two-year MBA. I think there's more content and residential time with LBS. The faculty and international options are on a totally different level (for example, in my LBS EMBA I did a Columbia macroeconomics course with Joe STiglitz, the Nobel-prize winner). I think you should sit in on the classes. My overall feeling is that LBS is more rigourous and internationally useful. If you really want to study at Cass, do it in London.

aboyman

Mar 24, 2012 06:01

useful 0

Hello i am doing reaserch on n mba to go for. i am into I.T but i do not k now whether anybody on this thread can advise and counsel me on this issue.please how will new technology enhance my mba career?
Hello i am doing reaserch on n mba to go for. i am into I.T but i do not k now whether anybody on this thread can advise and counsel me on this issue.please how will new technology enhance my mba career?

Duncan

Mar 24, 2012 07:57

useful 0

Which new technology are you thinking of?
Which new technology are you thinking of?

Apr 20, 2012 10:40

useful 0

HI,

ITs a gr8 thread.I Want to do executve MBA.I have 4 years exp in IT. but i have seen colleges like HULT,CASS website but the fees is too high.To pay fees may be i have to take loan.Please can anyone suggest affordable business school which has worldwide acceptance.Please
HI, ITs a gr8 thread.I Want to do executve MBA.I have 4 years exp in IT. but i have seen colleges like HULT,CASS website but the fees is too high.To pay fees may be i have to take loan.Please can anyone suggest affordable business school which has worldwide acceptance.Please

Duncan

Apr 20, 2012 01:43

useful 0

These are the least expensive accredited MBAs available by distance learning: http://www.geteducated.com/online-college-ratings-and-rankings/best-buy-lists/best-buy-online-masters-mba-aacsb

Don't take an unaccredited MBA.
These are the least expensive accredited MBAs available by distance learning: http://www.geteducated.com/online-college-ratings-and-rankings/best-buy-lists/best-buy-online-masters-mba-aacsb Don't take an unaccredited MBA.

Apr 20, 2012 04:35

useful 0

thnks for reply..but m looking for part time MBA in Dubai not for distance education.Please suggest
thnks for reply..but m looking for part time MBA in Dubai not for distance education.Please suggest

Duncan

Apr 20, 2012 09:12

useful 0

You have two other choices: SP Jain and the University of Dubai http://www.find-mba.com/city/asia/Dubai
You have two other choices: SP Jain and the University of Dubai http://www.find-mba.com/city/asia/Dubai

zaineee

Apr 29, 2012 03:19

useful 0

hey anyone can tell me the university in dubai with full free scholarship.
hey anyone can tell me the university in dubai with full free scholarship.

May 30, 2012 09:07

useful 0

Dear All,

One thing is for sure, please don't join Manchester Business School (MBS) here in Dubai.

I am an existing student. And we are from Dubai, Oman, .., come to study here; but they keep harassing us with their inadequacies, incompetency, and no solutions to our concerns.

Don't be surprised if one of your exam or workshop is not in the country it is supposed to be. And you know this at the end moment.

Be prepared for giving two exams in one day back to back in different locations.

To all these problems they have a simple answer. "It's all decided by the UK office", and no solution, deal with it.

The local team are just puppets, with no communications channel for you to raise your concerns to the UK team.

Its a very bureaucratic and grossly unorganized university, who act on its own whim with utter disregards to the part time students.

Students join MBS by seeing their ranking in FT.com; but that is only for the UK MBS. The situations at the local subsidiaries is abominable.

There are no lectures, no classes, even in the workshops you will have some slide reader dump teacher, whose whole aim would be to just read the slides finish it, and wait to munch on the lunch.

We got trapped here by enrolling here and paying these stupid people!!!

PLEASE please and please YOU Dont make the mistake, which we did by joining MBS!!!

Do yourself and your family a favor!!!

Warm regards,

Fellow student
Dear All, One thing is for sure, please don't join Manchester Business School (MBS) here in Dubai. I am an existing student. And we are from Dubai, Oman, .., come to study here; but they keep harassing us with their inadequacies, incompetency, and no solutions to our concerns. Don't be surprised if one of your exam or workshop is not in the country it is supposed to be. And you know this at the end moment. Be prepared for giving two exams in one day back to back in different locations. To all these problems they have a simple answer. "It's all decided by the UK office", and no solution, deal with it. The local team are just puppets, with no communications channel for you to raise your concerns to the UK team. It’s a very bureaucratic and grossly unorganized university, who act on its own whim with utter disregards to the part time students. Students join MBS by seeing their ranking in FT.com; but that is only for the UK MBS. The situations at the local subsidiaries is abominable. There are no lectures, no classes, even in the workshops you will have some slide reader dump teacher, whose whole aim would be to just read the slides finish it, and wait to munch on the lunch. We got trapped here by enrolling here and paying these stupid people!!! PLEASE please and please YOU Don’t make the mistake, which we did by joining MBS!!! Do yourself and your family a favor!!! Warm regards, Fellow student

rajjeve

May 30, 2012 09:01

useful 0

Thanks Kiran for making everyone aware.
I had almost joined it last year.

Thankfully better sense prevailed and backed out at the last moment.

Regards
Rajeev
Thanks Kiran for making everyone aware. I had almost joined it last year. Thankfully better sense prevailed and backed out at the last moment. Regards Rajeev

May 30, 2012 09:47

useful 0

Thank God atleast one soul is saved.
All the best dear.
Thank God atleast one soul is saved. All the best dear.

FND

May 30, 2012 02:57

useful 0

Hi All
Anyone here from Strathclyde-Dubai (SBS) ?
I need some feedback on their study program.
Would really appreciate some guidance.
Thanks
Hi All Anyone here from Strathclyde-Dubai (SBS) ? I need some feedback on their study program. Would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks

hi2shrads

Sep 13, 2012 01:43

useful 0

Hi guys

This is an interesting thread. Well I am also into the same boat.
I have already got offer from bradford EMBA

I am confused between following

1) bradford
2) Manchester
3) Middlesex

Can someone comment on this?

I live near to the knowledge village so decided above options...strathclyde, HULT, Cass, London Busines school are suiting to me because of BUDGET

your inputs needed

Thanks
Shrads
[email protected]
Hi guys This is an interesting thread. Well I am also into the same boat. I have already got offer from bradford EMBA I am confused between following 1) bradford 2) Manchester 3) Middlesex Can someone comment on this? I live near to the knowledge village so decided above options...strathclyde, HULT, Cass, London Busines school are suiting to me because of BUDGET your inputs needed Thanks Shrads shrad.kul@gmail[email protected]

Duncan

Sep 13, 2012 02:14

useful 0

Read through these: http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/65/q/bradford+manchester+dubai
Read through these: http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/65/q/bradford+manchester+dubai

ralph

Sep 14, 2012 02:28

useful 0

1) bradford
2) Manchester
3) Middlesex

I wouldn't consider Middlesex since the program is not accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, or AMBA. Bradford's been around longer, but the Manchester program will probably provide a more international network.

I'd look hard at the curriculum to see which one is more appropriate for you. I think Manchester is the more traditional of the two - Bradford offers courses that focus on topics like ethics + sustainability and change management.
<blockquote> 1) bradford 2) Manchester 3) Middlesex</blockquote> I wouldn't consider Middlesex since the program is not accredited by AACSB, EQUIS, or AMBA. Bradford's been around longer, but the Manchester program will probably provide a more international network. I'd look hard at the curriculum to see which one is more appropriate for you. I think Manchester is the more traditional of the two - Bradford offers courses that focus on topics like ethics + sustainability and change management.

KAXA012

Sep 23, 2012 12:40

useful 0

Hi all, can anyone advise what universities in Dubai are most suitable for people with no work experience?

Thanks
Hi all, can anyone advise what universities in Dubai are most suitable for people with no work experience? Thanks

Duncan

Sep 23, 2012 12:16

useful 0

What are your career goals? I think the Strathclyde MSc is perhaps the most prestigious masters which doesn't require work experience http://www.strath.ac.uk/business/internationalcentres/dubaiandabudhabi/mastersinsupplychain/
What are your career goals? I think the Strathclyde MSc is perhaps the most prestigious masters which doesn't require work experience http://www.strath.ac.uk/business/internationalcentres/dubaiandabudhabi/mastersinsupplychain/

mba hipster

Oct 01, 2012 02:27

useful 0

Hi all, can anyone advise what universities in Dubai are most suitable for people with no work experience?

Thanks

What about SP Jain's Master of Global Business program? It also has a Singapore module for a more international flavor. I think Strath might have a better network on the ground in Dubai, but if you ever wanted to go to India or Singapore, SP Jain has more resources in those places.

<blockquote>Hi all, can anyone advise what universities in Dubai are most suitable for people with no work experience? Thanks</blockquote> What about SP Jain's Master of Global Business program? It also has a Singapore module for a more international flavor. I think Strath might have a better network on the ground in Dubai, but if you ever wanted to go to India or Singapore, SP Jain has more resources in those places.

anasfathi

Dec 04, 2012 07:27

useful 0

Hi everybody,
I am looking for a good part time MBA program in Dubai. I am a pharmacist with 5 years experience of pharmaceutical sales in Saudi Arabia. So, guide me please.
Hi everybody, I am looking for a good part time MBA program in Dubai. I am a pharmacist with 5 years experience of pharmaceutical sales in Saudi Arabia. So, guide me please.

sweet_R

Dec 04, 2012 07:48

useful 0

along time back i wrote a comment wondering if i should enter strathclyde university or not.now iam a student at strathclyde university and i am really happy with my choice
along time back i wrote a comment wondering if i should enter strathclyde university or not.now iam a student at strathclyde university and i am really happy with my choice

mba hipster

Dec 04, 2012 11:47

useful 0

Any tips for potential students? Were you able to secure funding - scholarships, grants, etc.?
<blockquote>along time back i wrote a comment wondering if i should enter strathclyde university or not.now iam a student at strathclyde university and i am really happy with my choice </blockquote> Any tips for potential students? Were you able to secure funding - scholarships, grants, etc.?

sweet_R

Dec 06, 2012 05:31

useful 0

well if you plan to study in UAE i believe it's one of the best university in UAE ,Strathclyde provide a minimum Scholarship "maximum 15.000 DHS " but i am searching for a good Scholarship right now i am part time MBA student.
well if you plan to study in UAE i believe it's one of the best university in UAE ,Strathclyde provide a minimum Scholarship "maximum 15.000 DHS " but i am searching for a good Scholarship right now i am part time MBA student.

Mar 07, 2013 08:14

useful 0

Hi,

Can anybody guide me about a good business school in Dubai for part time MBA and having some international recognition. If anybody is doing MBA in Dubai, please give your inputs.

MBA costs you a bit, so it's always better to do a detailed check before you apply at any school. Best way to start is to do a search on the ranking.

You would be surprised. A lot of them claiming to be the best are not even ranked in the top 50.

Here's a comparison of two notable international business schools operating in Dubai. You'll see the difference:

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/hult-international-business-school
http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/city-university-cass

You need to be sure of where you want your study to take you. You need to analyse the current scenario and keep an eye out on the future trends. Islamic banking, energy and government SME, for instance, are some of the sectors that are witnessing tremendous growth of late.

These days Islamic banking is growing 50% faster than the mainstream banking sector. I would definitely recommend it for a career investment. My preferred choice would be CASS because it is offering specialised electives in Islamic financing.

http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/mba/executive-mba-in-dubai
<blockquote>Hi, Can anybody guide me about a good business school in Dubai for part time MBA and having some international recognition. If anybody is doing MBA in Dubai, please give your inputs.</blockquote> MBA costs you a bit, so it's always better to do a detailed check before you apply at any school. Best way to start is to do a search on the ranking. You would be surprised. A lot of them claiming to be the best are not even ranked in the top 50. Here's a comparison of two notable international business schools operating in Dubai. You'll see the difference: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/hult-international-business-school http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/city-university-cass You need to be sure of where you want your study to take you. You need to analyse the current scenario and keep an eye out on the future trends. Islamic banking, energy and government SME, for instance, are some of the sectors that are witnessing tremendous growth of late. These days Islamic banking is growing 50% faster than the mainstream banking sector. I would definitely recommend it for a career investment. My preferred choice would be CASS because it is offering specialised electives in Islamic financing. http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/mba/executive-mba-in-dubai

saroo

Mar 07, 2013 08:29

useful 0

Hi,

MBA costs you a bit, so it's always better to do a detailed check before you apply at any school. Best way to start is to do a search on the ranking.

You would be surprised. A lot of them claiming to be the best are not even ranked in the top 50.

Here's a comparison of two notable international business schools operating in Dubai. You'll see the difference:

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/hult-international-business-school
http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/city-university-cass

You need to be sure of where you want your study to take you. You need to analyse the current scenario and keep an eye out on the future trends. Islamic banking, energy and government SME, for instance, are some of the sectors that are witnessing tremendous growth of late.

These days Islamic banking is growing 50% faster than the mainstream banking sector. I would definitely recommend it for a career investment. My preferred choice would be CASS because it is offering specialised electives in Islamic financing.

http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/mba/executive-mba-in-dubai

manchestar is also very good and cheap
<blockquote><blockquote>Hi, Can anybody guide me about a good business school in Dubai for part time MBA and having some international recognition. If anybody is doing MBA in Dubai, please give your inputs.</blockquote> MBA costs you a bit, so it's always better to do a detailed check before you apply at any school. Best way to start is to do a search on the ranking. You would be surprised. A lot of them claiming to be the best are not even ranked in the top 50. Here's a comparison of two notable international business schools operating in Dubai. You'll see the difference: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/hult-international-business-school http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/city-university-cass You need to be sure of where you want your study to take you. You need to analyse the current scenario and keep an eye out on the future trends. Islamic banking, energy and government SME, for instance, are some of the sectors that are witnessing tremendous growth of late. These days Islamic banking is growing 50% faster than the mainstream banking sector. I would definitely recommend it for a career investment. My preferred choice would be CASS because it is offering specialised electives in Islamic financing. http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/courses/mba/executive-mba-in-dubai </blockquote> manchestar is also very good and cheap

mba hipster

Mar 07, 2013 12:51

useful 0

I don't think I'd use FT's Global rankings as a primary indicator of the quality of these schools' Dubai operations. They're both international schools, mainly operating out of the UK. Rather, I'd gauge the schools by other qualities, mainly placements in Dubai and their Dubai-based networks.
<blockquote>Here's a comparison of two notable international business schools operating in Dubai. You'll see the difference:</blockquote> I don't think I'd use FT's Global rankings as a primary indicator of the quality of these schools' Dubai operations. They're both international schools, mainly operating out of the UK. Rather, I'd gauge the schools by other qualities, mainly placements in Dubai and their Dubai-based networks.

Duncan

Mar 07, 2013 12:12

useful 0

Hipster has given excellent advice.
Hipster has given excellent advice.

Shahin

Apr 21, 2013 06:35

useful 0

I am looking for Part time option in UAE. As I am new to UAE, after searching for quite someime, i have narrowed down to below options

1. Bradford Part time - as it suits my budget
2. SP JAIN - not sure whether it requires GMAT score(I havn't appeared for GMAT)
3. University of Strathclyde - not sure about the fee structure.

If anyone pursuing part time program in UAE, kindly provide me details about good universities here. Also is it possible for me to get scholarships for part time programs, since most of the universities (HULT, MBS) are out of my budget.

Thanks,
Shahin
I am looking for Part time option in UAE. As I am new to UAE, after searching for quite someime, i have narrowed down to below options 1. Bradford Part time - as it suits my budget 2. SP JAIN - not sure whether it requires GMAT score(I havn't appeared for GMAT) 3. University of Strathclyde - not sure about the fee structure. If anyone pursuing part time program in UAE, kindly provide me details about good universities here. Also is it possible for me to get scholarships for part time programs, since most of the universities (HULT, MBS) are out of my budget. Thanks, Shahin

Duncan

Apr 21, 2013 08:19

useful 0

Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/65/q/Dubai
Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/65/q/Dubai

sweet_R

Apr 22, 2013 07:02

useful 0

strathclyde payment method option 1 pay 27.500 dhs each semester or option 2 pay at the start of the semester 15.700 then pay 4.100 dhs until the semester end , option 3 pay a 104.500 dhs single payment
strathclyde payment method option 1 pay 27.500 dhs each semester or option 2 pay at the start of the semester 15.700 then pay 4.100 dhs until the semester end , option 3 pay a 104.500 dhs single payment

Jun 27, 2013 05:55

useful 0

I am planning to do my MBA in Dubai, but am bit confused with which university. I have a banking exp of about 3 years and am looking to settle in Dubai. I have got a Gmat of 550 and an ielts of 8.

If anybody could help me out with a good university at the moment.

Thanks
I am planning to do my MBA in Dubai, but am bit confused with which university. I have a banking exp of about 3 years and am looking to settle in Dubai. I have got a Gmat of 550 and an ielts of 8. If anybody could help me out with a good university at the moment. Thanks

mba hipster

Jun 28, 2013 11:13

useful 0

If you're not already living and working in Dubai, your best bet is to do a full-time MBA. There are only a few accredited schools there that offer full-time programs: SP Jain, Hult, University of Dubai (and the American University of Sharjah, which isn't actually in Dubai, but students can commute.)
If you're not already living and working in Dubai, your best bet is to do a full-time MBA. There are only a few accredited schools there that offer full-time programs: SP Jain, Hult, University of Dubai (and the American University of Sharjah, which isn't actually in Dubai, but students can commute.)

nyk

Mar 02, 2014 02:11

useful 0

Thank God atleast one soul is saved.
All the best dear.
<blockquote>Thank God atleast one soul is saved. All the best dear.

nyk

Mar 02, 2014 02:05

useful 0

Dear All,

One thing is for sure, please don't join Manchester Business School (MBS) here in Dubai.

I am an existing student. And we are from Dubai, Oman, .., come to study here; but they keep harassing us with their inadequacies, incompetency, and no solutions to our concerns.

Don't be surprised if one of your exam or workshop is not in the country it is supposed to be. And you know this at the end moment.

Be prepared for giving two exams in one day back to back in different locations.

To all these problems they have a simple answer. "It's all decided by the UK office", and no solution, deal with it.

The local team are just puppets, with no communications channel for you to raise your concerns to the UK team.

Its a very bureaucratic and grossly unorganized university, who act on its own whim with utter disregards to the part time students.

Students join MBS by seeing their ranking in FT.com; but that is only for the UK MBS. The situations at the local subsidiaries is abominable.

There are no lectures, no classes, even in the workshops you will have some slide reader dump teacher, whose whole aim would be to just read the slides finish it, and wait to munch on the lunch.

We got trapped here by enrolling here and paying these stupid people!!!

PLEASE please and please YOU Dont make the mistake, which we did by joining MBS!!!

Do yourself and your family a favor!!!

Warm regards,

Fellow student

I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION VERY WELL NOW !
<blockquote>Dear All, One thing is for sure, please don't join Manchester Business School (MBS) here in Dubai. I am an existing student. And we are from Dubai, Oman, .., come to study here; but they keep harassing us with their inadequacies, incompetency, and no solutions to our concerns. Don't be surprised if one of your exam or workshop is not in the country it is supposed to be. And you know this at the end moment. Be prepared for giving two exams in one day back to back in different locations. To all these problems they have a simple answer. "It's all decided by the UK office", and no solution, deal with it. The local team are just puppets, with no communications channel for you to raise your concerns to the UK team. It’s a very bureaucratic and grossly unorganized university, who act on its own whim with utter disregards to the part time students. Students join MBS by seeing their ranking in FT.com; but that is only for the UK MBS. The situations at the local subsidiaries is abominable. There are no lectures, no classes, even in the workshops you will have some slide reader dump teacher, whose whole aim would be to just read the slides finish it, and wait to munch on the lunch. We got trapped here by enrolling here and paying these stupid people!!! PLEASE please and please YOU Don’t make the mistake, which we did by joining MBS!!! Do yourself and your family a favor!!! Warm regards, Fellow student </blockquote> I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION VERY WELL NOW !

HSafa

Mar 10, 2014 09:37

useful 0

so you confirm MBS (Dubai campus) is not as we all believe it is? Is it that much frustrating?! Please share your experience, it'd be helpful for the rest of us!
so you confirm MBS (Dubai campus) is not as we all believe it is? Is it that much frustrating?! Please share your experience, it'd be helpful for the rest of us!

Duncan

Mar 10, 2014 10:49

useful 0

I think thoughtless bureaucracy is common across universities around the world. Get used it it ;-)
I think thoughtless bureaucracy is common across universities around the world. Get used it it ;-)

Apr 19, 2014 10:00

useful 0

How is MBA marketing program from amity Dubai campus? They r saying average placement is 11700AED pm is it true?
Is it worth coming from India in order to get job in Dubai market
How is MBA marketing program from amity Dubai campus? They r saying average placement is 11700AED pm is it true? Is it worth coming from India in order to get job in Dubai market

ralph

Apr 21, 2014 09:20

useful 0

It's probably better to stick with a business school that's accredited by AMBA, Equis, or AACSB, since it can be really hard to verify the quality of schools without international accreditation.

In terms of verifiable, long-term success of being able to move from India to Dubai, you should really only be focusing on the full-time MBA options in the area: Hult, the University of Dubai, etc. Some also consider the American University of Sharjah - the commute can be a nightmare though, if you want to live in Dubai.
It's probably better to stick with a business school that's accredited by AMBA, Equis, or AACSB, since it can be really hard to verify the quality of schools without international accreditation. In terms of verifiable, long-term success of being able to move from India to Dubai, you should really only be focusing on the full-time MBA options in the area: Hult, the University of Dubai, etc. Some also consider the American University of Sharjah - the commute can be a nightmare though, if you want to live in Dubai.

Apr 21, 2014 10:34

useful 0

Thanks Ralph for your valuable advice I understand the importance of these 3 accreditation but can't we think beyond that like all other accreditation are of waste? As in India quite a few has these accreditation n still they give high placement.

My main query is what is market of Dubai do it provide package of 11000AED pm to full time MBA graduates with 2 year of experiences?
Thanks Ralph for your valuable advice I understand the importance of these 3 accreditation but can't we think beyond that like all other accreditation are of waste? As in India quite a few has these accreditation n still they give high placement. My main query is what is market of Dubai do it provide package of 11000AED pm to full time MBA graduates with 2 year of experiences?

amanshu

Jun 06, 2014 12:14

useful 0

While surfing the board for MBA in Dubai, I came across S P Jain School of Global Management. Is it tri-city Model? How is it going to help student?

While surfing the board for MBA in Dubai, I came across S P Jain School of Global Management. Is it tri-city Model? How is it going to help student?

elnawaz

Jul 13, 2014 01:26

useful 0

Hi guys I am thinking of taking mitm course in the university of wollongong . is the course worth it and how abt job opportunities after.
Hi guys I am thinking of taking mitm course in the university of wollongong . is the course worth it and how abt job opportunities after.

badux

Aug 13, 2014 02:48

useful 0

is the course worth it

No.
<blockquote>is the course worth it </blockquote> No.

Reply to Post