HKUST for marketing ?

riaz

Hello,

I was hoping you could answer some queries I had regarding the HKUST full
time MBA program. I have researched the entire HKUST website and there were some specific questions I couldn?t get answered. Therefore I would highly appreciate a response from someone to the following questions below.

MY BACK GROUND:

Education: completed undergraduate studies BBA in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT with a Minor in MARKETING & MIS from PURDUE UNIVERSITY (USA,West Lafayette city).

GPA: 3.75 (graduated with honors)

I have worked in the retail industry for 4 years in the position of a sales manager for a Fastener company.

PRIMARILY, I am interested in pursuing further studies in MBA with specialization in MARKETING.

I am also interested in game development and the creation of online simplistic games on the internet. (I have no knowledge in this area but I would like to know if the university offers any education in these fields)

MY QUESTIONS:

What are the admission scores required of MBA applicants who are looking to specialize in MARKETING?

I would like to specialize in MARKETING..... NOT FINANCE ......does the university have a strong career placement for MBA graduates with MARKETING specialization?

What documentation do i need to supply besides my GMAT scores?

Can I supply all these documents at the HKUST MBA seminar (23rd Feb.)?

For the CL3 courses; I would like to study GAME DEVELOPMENT (28C02348-4) & website programming (DS2011).??DO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TAKE THESE COURSES OR...... IS IT BETTER TO ENROLL in some other course offered by HKUST?

Could I take these courses prior to the beginning of the school year.....DS2011 commences july 8th.......when does 28C02348-4 commence?

What date does the MBA school year begin?

In the dual MBA program ----MBA/MSc(ISM) ------ are any of the courses offered specifically dealing with game development & website programming......or is it better to separately pursue a CL3 course for websites & game development?

If I want to complete a dual degree - MBA/MSc(ISM) what are the Dual Degree Pre - Requirements??I have done undergraduate studies in BBA with a minor in marketing & MIS.......do i need to complete any other pre-reqs in order to pursue the dual degree.

If I specialize in INFORMATION SYSTEMS/ OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (NOT MARKETING)..........what type of a job market will that open up...... I am not familiar with this field and its electives........i would appreciate it you could give specific examples of jobs acquired by people that have pursued these electives.

Information Systems/Operations Management Business Optimization
E-Logistics
Global Supply Chain Management
Information Strategy and Economics
Innovation Management
Knowledge Management Systems
Software Project Management
Telecommunications Policy and Regulations

If anyone could answer these questions, I would highly appreciate it.

Hello,

time MBA program. I have researched the entire HKUST website and there were some specific questions I couldn?t get answered. Therefore I would highly appreciate a response from someone to the following questions below.

MY BACK GROUND:

Education: completed undergraduate studies BBA in BUSINESS MANAGEMENT with a Minor in MARKETING & MIS from PURDUE UNIVERSITY (USA,West Lafayette city).

I have worked in the retail industry for 4 years in the position of a sales manager for a Fastener company.

PRIMARILY, I am interested in pursuing further studies in MBA with specialization in MARKETING.

I am also interested in game development and the creation of online simplistic games on the internet. (I have no knowledge in this area but I would like to know if the university offers any education in these fields)

MY QUESTIONS:

What are the admission scores required of MBA applicants who are looking to specialize in MARKETING?

I would like to specialize in MARKETING..... NOT FINANCE ......does the university have a strong career placement for MBA graduates with MARKETING specialization?

For the CL3 courses; I would like to study GAME DEVELOPMENT (28C02348-4) & website programming (DS2011).??DO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TAKE THESE COURSES OR...... IS IT BETTER TO ENROLL in some other course offered by HKUST?

Could I take these courses prior to the beginning of the school year.....DS2011 commences july 8th.......when does 28C02348-4 commence?

In the dual MBA program ----MBA/MSc(ISM) ------ are any of the courses offered specifically dealing with game development & website programming......or is it better to separately pursue a CL3 course for websites & game development?

If I want to complete a dual degree - MBA/MSc(ISM) what are the Dual Degree Pre - Requirements??I have done undergraduate studies in BBA with a minor in marketing & MIS.......do i need to complete any other pre-reqs in order to pursue the dual degree.

If I specialize in INFORMATION SYSTEMS/ OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (NOT MARKETING)..........what type of a job market will that open up...... I am not familiar with this field and its electives........i would appreciate it you could give specific examples of jobs acquired by people that have pursued these electives.

E-Logistics
Innovation Management

gerard

Hello,

MY BACK GROUND:

MY QUESTIONS:

E-Logistics
Innovation Management

i think your questions would be better answered by their MBA office and not online message board, message board is good for student/applicatn experience comments.

<blockquote>Hello,

MY BACK GROUND:

MY QUESTIONS:

E-Logistics
Innovation Management

</blockquote>

i think your questions would be better answered by their MBA office and not online message board, message board is good for student/applicatn experience comments.
vasilijs

Based on my personal experience, as well as on the experience of the second year students, marketing courses in HKUST are really good. Out of the first batch of MBA core courses, Marketing Strategy and Policy was the best. The problem is, there are too few marketing elective courses, and you will have to do something about it if you want to focus on marketing. IT courses here are good either, so that if you are interested in IT+Marketing, HKUST is a reasonable choice. But you won't get Marketing concentration in your diploma.

Based on my personal experience, as well as on the experience of the second year students, marketing courses in HKUST are really good. Out of the first batch of MBA core courses, Marketing Strategy and Policy was the best. The problem is, there are too few marketing elective courses, and you will have to do something about it if you want to focus on marketing. IT courses here are good either, so that if you are interested in IT+Marketing, HKUST is a reasonable choice. But you won't get Marketing concentration in your diploma.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Hong Kong, Hong Kong (PRC) 31 Followers 162 Discussions

Hot Discussions