China MBA - Tsinghua or Guanghua or CEIBS

n3v3rland

I am Chinese but I have been working in England for the past 5 years. I plan to go back to China for my MBA, at one of these schools:

CEIBS
Peking (Guanghua)
Tsinghua

Does anybody have a clue about which is the most well regarded in China?

I am Chinese but I have been working in England for the past 5 years. I plan to go back to China for my MBA, at one of these schools:

CEIBS
Peking (Guanghua)
Tsinghua

Does anybody have a clue about which is the most well regarded in China?
Duncan

I don't think the English-language programmes at any of those schools is as well regarded in China as the programmes in Mandarin.

I don't think the English-language programmes at any of those schools is as well regarded in China as the programmes in Mandarin.
sinbaddang

CEIBS is a great program, highly ranked on FT. I have friend from Peking, he is ok but his English is not understandable. No idea for Tsinghua

CEIBS is a great program, highly ranked on FT. I have friend from Peking, he is ok but his English is not understandable. No idea for Tsinghua
Duncan

Being ranked in the FT is as irrelevant to being well regarded in China as is the quality of your Chinese friend's English.

Being ranked in the FT is as irrelevant to being well regarded in China as is the quality of your Chinese friend's English.
Razors Edg...

I agree. From everything I've read, I think that any English-language MBA program is far from a surefire route for international students who want to work in MBA-level jobs in China. That kind of transition takes more than an MBA, it takes great language and cultural skills, which are almost impossible to pick up adequately in a year or two.

I think CEIBS is a great school though, I would just be cautious about using it as a route to work in China.

Further: I'm not sure what point sinbaddang is trying to make: did his friend do his MBA from CEIBS?

I agree. From everything I've read, I think that any English-language MBA program is far from a surefire route for international students who want to work in MBA-level jobs in China. That kind of transition takes more than an MBA, it takes great language and cultural skills, which are almost impossible to pick up adequately in a year or two.

I think CEIBS is a great school though, I would just be cautious about using it as a route to work in China.

Further: I'm not sure what point sinbaddang is trying to make: did his friend do his MBA from CEIBS?

n3v3rland

Ok I see. I'll look more closely at programs in Mandarin. Thanks everybody for the advice.

Ok I see. I'll look more closely at programs in Mandarin. Thanks everybody for the advice.
JodyL7

I am considering these schools as well. I don't want to stay in China but rather would use the MBA as a way to get international experience in the country (very important in my field) and network as well. Can anybody suggest which one of these schools - CEIBS and Guanghua, mainly - is the best for this purpose? I am also considering the Guanghua-MIT dual degree program.

I am considering these schools as well. I don't want to stay in China but rather would use the MBA as a way to get international experience in the country (very important in my field) and network as well. Can anybody suggest which one of these schools - CEIBS and Guanghua, mainly - is the best for this purpose? I am also considering the Guanghua-MIT dual degree program.
Inactive User

Another option is doing a program in the place where you want to end up working, but pursue a global immersion experience in China.

Not sure where you plan on working after your MBA, but for instance Columbia has a half-term long global experience class that includes an immersion week. Other schools have more robust options: if you did your MBA at LBS you could do an entire term at Tsinghua or CEIBS.

Another option is doing a program in the place where you want to end up working, but pursue a global immersion experience in China.

Not sure where you plan on working after your MBA, but for instance Columbia has a half-term long global experience class that includes an immersion week. Other schools have more robust options: if you did your MBA at LBS you could do an entire term at Tsinghua or CEIBS.
JodyL7

Thanks. It's too bad that the Columbia class only offers one week as part of the hands-on component. I was looking for something more robust, for instance at least 6 months to 1 year in China.

Thanks. It's too bad that the Columbia class only offers one week as part of the hands-on component. I was looking for something more robust, for instance at least 6 months to 1 year in China.
badux

It looks like ESADE is launching a dual MBA with Guanghua, you basically spend one year in Beijing and one year in Barcelona.

http://find-mba.com/news/2014/10/esade-and-guanghua-to-launch-joint-mba

It looks like ESADE is launching a dual MBA with Guanghua, you basically spend one year in Beijing and one year in Barcelona.

http://find-mba.com/news/2014/10/esade-and-guanghua-to-launch-joint-mba

JodyL7

I'll look into this program. Is ESADE a good school? I'm only really familiar with U.S. business schools and I have not heard of this one.

I'll look into this program. Is ESADE a good school? I'm only really familiar with U.S. business schools and I have not heard of this one.
badux

Yes, ESADE is a good school. It's ranked in the FT and the Economist. Behind IE and IESE, it's probably one of the best schools in Spain.

Yes, ESADE is a good school. It's ranked in the FT and the Economist. Behind IE and IESE, it's probably one of the best schools in Spain.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Shanghai, China 38 Followers 78 Discussions
Beijing, China 6 Followers 102 Discussions
Beijing, China 12 Followers 66 Discussions
Beijing, China 8 Followers 52 Discussions

Other Related Content

Western Business Schools Find Promise in China’s MBA Market

Article May 06, 2015

There are a growing number of joint MBAs offered in China. But western business schools entering the market there face challenges.