Seeking admission in Canada - 530 GMAT

Hello,

I have been taking GMAT for last three years, in my most recent attempt I scored 530, which also happens to be my best score at GMAT so far. I do not intend to take the test anymore.
I have around 6 years of work experience. 3 years in Chase bank and last 3 years in my family business.
I wanted to know what all universities, do I have any scope of applying to ?

I am interested in going to Canada but UK and USA are fine too. More specifically, what are my chances at University of New Brunswick, Brock and University of saskatchewan

Please help me. I am really low right now and seek some advise here.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I have been taking GMAT for last three years, in my most recent attempt I scored 530, which also happens to be my best score at GMAT so far. I do not intend to take the test anymore.
I have around 6 years of work experience. 3 years in Chase bank and last 3 years in my family business.
I wanted to know what all universities, do I have any scope of applying to ?

I am interested in going to Canada but UK and USA are fine too. More specifically, what are my chances at University of New Brunswick, Brock and University of saskatchewan

Please help me. I am really low right now and seek some advise here.

Thank you in advance.
Duncan

This list: http://www.canadian-universities.net/MBA/MBA_GMAT_Scores.html suggests that you will be in a better position if you score over 550.

I read that you have been taking the GMAT for three years, but how much study time have you put in? Is your quant score weaker, or your verbal score?

This list: http://www.canadian-universities.net/MBA/MBA_GMAT_Scores.html suggests that you will be in a better position if you score over 550.

I read that you have been taking the GMAT for three years, but how much study time have you put in? Is your quant score weaker, or your verbal score?

Hello Dunkan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have put in a lot of effort in GMAT but am unable to do well in an actual exam, i manage to get good score in practice tests but I screw up the main exam. I sincerely, do not believe, I will be able to do any better than this. I think I get too nervous in the exam hall.

I realize that my chances at getting into any good univ are a slim but I would still like to know my options here.

Thank you

Hello Dunkan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have put in a lot of effort in GMAT but am unable to do well in an actual exam, i manage to get good score in practice tests but I screw up the main exam. I sincerely, do not believe, I will be able to do any better than this. I think I get too nervous in the exam hall.

I realize that my chances at getting into any good univ are a slim but I would still like to know my options here.

Thank you
Duncan

If you can't do well in the GMAT, then why not look for alternatives? Take an MS instead of an MBA? Take an MBA which accepts the GRE? These schools do:-

Cape Breton University (Community Economic Development)
Concordia University
Dalhousie University (MBA in Financial Services)
Ivey Business School Toronto
Lakehead University
McMaster University
Queens University School of Business
St. Mary's University
Simon Fraser University (Financial Risk Management)
Trinity Western University
University of Alberta
University of Calgary Thesis MBA
University of Quebec at Rimouski
University Canada West
University of Manitoba
University of New Brunswick ? Saint John
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
University of Toronto
University of Victoria
University of Western Ontario
Wilfrid Laurier University

If you can't do well in the GMAT, then why not look for alternatives? Take an MS instead of an MBA? Take an MBA which accepts the GRE? These schools do:-

Cape Breton University (Community Economic Development)
Concordia University
Dalhousie University (MBA in Financial Services)
Ivey Business School Toronto
Lakehead University
McMaster University
Queens University School of Business
St. Mary's University
Simon Fraser University (Financial Risk Management)
Trinity Western University
University of Alberta
University of Calgary Thesis MBA
University of Quebec at Rimouski
University Canada West
University of Manitoba
University of New Brunswick ? Saint John
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
University of Toronto
University of Victoria
University of Western Ontario
Wilfrid Laurier University

Hello Dunkin,
Thank you very much for taking the time and guiding me. While MS in Finance looks like a good option, I would still like to pursue a MBA because I hold a bachelors degree in business administration and also from the perspective of employment. From what I have read so far, it appears that MBA, Finance is a preferred option compared to MS Finance. I will still apply to some of these univ for MS Finance just in case but for now, could you please advise if I hold any scope of getting admission into any of these univ, please.
for a MBA.

University of Regina
Brock University
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
University of New Brunswick.
lakehead university

Also, which of these would provide me with a better scope of getting a job after employment?
Kindly advise

Hello Dunkin,
Thank you very much for taking the time and guiding me. While MS in Finance looks like a good option, I would still like to pursue a MBA because I hold a bachelors degree in business administration and also from the perspective of employment. From what I have read so far, it appears that MBA, Finance is a preferred option compared to MS Finance. I will still apply to some of these univ for MS Finance just in case but for now, could you please advise if I hold any scope of getting admission into any of these univ, please.
for a MBA.

University of Regina
Brock University
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
University of New Brunswick.
lakehead university

Also, which of these would provide me with a better scope of getting a job after employment?
Kindly advise

In continuation to my previous email, I was looking through Univ of Toronto's Master of Finance program it appears that they do accept GMAT scores in their admission process, any idea if my current GMAT score will help me get an admission in this school ?
Also, being an international candidate, does Master of Finance help me get a job in Canada ? Kindly advise
thank you

In continuation to my previous email, I was looking through Univ of Toronto's Master of Finance program it appears that they do accept GMAT scores in their admission process, any idea if my current GMAT score will help me get an admission in this school ?
Also, being an international candidate, does Master of Finance help me get a job in Canada ? Kindly advise
thank you
Duncan

I'm not really familiar with the admissions averages of those MFin programmes; you'd need to hire me or someone else to do some original research into that. But I do not know the requirements to apply will be much lower than the scores of competitive candidates. Rotman is one of the top three schools on the world for finance (http://www.find-mba.com/specializations/12/finance) and I don't think your score will be competitive.

More broadly, however, yes -- the masters in finance has great placement.

Is the quant score stronger in your GMAT than the verbal score?

I'm not really familiar with the admissions averages of those MFin programmes; you'd need to hire me or someone else to do some original research into that. But I do not know the requirements to apply will be much lower than the scores of competitive candidates. Rotman is one of the top three schools on the world for finance (http://www.find-mba.com/specializations/12/finance) and I don't think your score will be competitive.

More broadly, however, yes -- the masters in finance has great placement.

Is the quant score stronger in your GMAT than the verbal score?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Halifax, Canada 6 Followers 11 Discussions
Saint John, Canada 8 Followers 10 Discussions
Winnipeg, Canada 16 Followers 16 Discussions
Calgary, Canada 32 Followers 35 Discussions
Edmonton, Canada 50 Followers 53 Discussions
Sydney, Canada 9 Followers 3 Discussions
Halifax, Canada 16 Followers 15 Discussions
Burlington, Canada 19 Followers 34 Discussions
Vancouver, Canada 24 Followers 36 Discussions
Montréal, Canada 66 Followers 58 Discussions
London, Canada 38 Followers 77 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 77 Followers 115 Discussions
Kingston, Canada 36 Followers 74 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 7 Followers 16 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

Can a Low GMAT Score Kill Your B-School Dreams?

Article Aug 30, 2013

Why your GMAT score is important, and what it tells MBA admissions people about you