mcmaster vs alberta vs concordia

Hatwar

Hi

I have admit from mcmaster .. have applied for alberta .. planning to apply for concordia if it is better than mcmaster

which one is best.. what is order

i want to work in finance or consulting .. this is one of toughest decision in am taking in life ..

i want to work in canada post MBA since Doing mba is lot of investment .. unless i don't work in canada .. it is extremely difficult to repay the loan

Thanks

Hi

I have admit from mcmaster .. have applied for alberta .. planning to apply for concordia if it is better than mcmaster

which one is best.. what is order

i want to work in finance or consulting .. this is one of toughest decision in am taking in life ..

i want to work in canada post MBA since Doing mba is lot of investment .. unless i don't work in canada .. it is extremely difficult to repay the loan

Thanks

Duncan

Rather similar schools (http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-in-canada.html). The tier above these is where the consulting firms focus.

Consulting and Finance are very broad areas. Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571

Rather similar schools (http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-in-canada.html). The tier above these is where the consulting firms focus.

Consulting and Finance are very broad areas. Take a look at How to use LinkedIn to find the best school www.find-mba.com/board/33571
Inactive User

It's also going to depend a bit on your geographic preference as well, since these schools are in three vastly different parts of the country.

I tend to think that Concordia has the edge, in terms of cohort quality and post-MBA career outcomes, but it's in Montreal, where it's important to have some kind of French language adequacy if you want to network. Montreal is also the larger of the three cities, which means probably more diversity in post-MBA options.

Alberta is in oil country, if you had any desire to work in the energy field it's a good place, but for a job in finance or consulting, I'm not so sure. There are some banks there though.

McMaster is in Hamilton Ontario, which is fueled by manufacturing. Toronto is not far, but not commutable either - that's where a lot of the finance and consulting jobs will be.

In any case, you're going to want to use your time build a network, so that you'll know people before you start your job search.

It's also going to depend a bit on your geographic preference as well, since these schools are in three vastly different parts of the country.

I tend to think that Concordia has the edge, in terms of cohort quality and post-MBA career outcomes, but it's in Montreal, where it's important to have some kind of French language adequacy if you want to network. Montreal is also the larger of the three cities, which means probably more diversity in post-MBA options.

Alberta is in oil country, if you had any desire to work in the energy field it's a good place, but for a job in finance or consulting, I'm not so sure. There are some banks there though.

McMaster is in Hamilton Ontario, which is fueled by manufacturing. Toronto is not far, but not commutable either - that's where a lot of the finance and consulting jobs will be.

In any case, you're going to want to use your time build a network, so that you'll know people before you start your job search.
Hatwar

Thank you Duncan and MBA Hipster

I should have applied for concordia early . Fees is very economical too

I went through linkedin .. it was helpful .. i see most of them working in RBC, Td , scotiabank and other banks .. i See even from people from tier 1 colleges.
May be thse from tier 1 would be working on different profiles,so, what career opportunities i can expect from mcmaster? or what are job profiles exclusive to tier 1 ? if any

and lastly

Can you please suggest between alberta vs mcmaster

Thnks a ton

Thank you Duncan and MBA Hipster

I should have applied for concordia early . Fees is very economical too

I went through linkedin .. it was helpful .. i see most of them working in RBC, Td , scotiabank and other banks .. i See even from people from tier 1 colleges.
May be thse from tier 1 would be working on different profiles,so, what career opportunities i can expect from mcmaster? or what are job profiles exclusive to tier 1 ? if any

and lastly

Can you please suggest between alberta vs mcmaster

Thnks a ton

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Montréal, Canada 66 Followers 58 Discussions
Burlington, Canada 19 Followers 34 Discussions
Edmonton, Canada 50 Followers 53 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Canada: Maple Trees, Bacon, and Business Schools?

Article Dec 15, 2010

Affordable and respected, Canadian business schools are luring international students north.

Hot Discussions