MBA without work experience

vishalkg

Hello!

I have just finished my bachelors in business management and am looking forward to do my MBA. Since i do not have work experience, are there any b-schools in CANADA/USA which take in students with the same. My average in my Degree has been more than 65% and have finished IELTS at the score of 8.0 out of 9.0.

Awaiting a reply!

Vishal

Hello!

I have just finished my bachelors in business management and am looking forward to do my MBA. Since i do not have work experience, are there any b-schools in CANADA/USA which take in students with the same. My average in my Degree has been more than 65% and have finished IELTS at the score of 8.0 out of 9.0.

Awaiting a reply!

Vishal
smnkt

Hi,Vishal! We are in the same situations. I've found some MBA programs without work experience required.
Dalhousie university MBA(corporate residency)
Mcmaster university MBA (co-op)
Wilfrid Laurier university in waterloo MBA(co-op)
university of Carlton MBA(internship)
University of Victoria MBA
You can find them by the link on this website
By the way, since you've got a bachelor degree in business, why don't you try MSc programs instead of MBA? there are many Msc programs designed for students with a business background. just like a mster of marketing or something.

Hi,Vishal! We are in the same situations. I've found some MBA programs without work experience required.
Mcmaster university MBA (co-op)
Wilfrid Laurier university in waterloo MBA(co-op)
university of Carlton MBA(internship)
University of Victoria MBA
You can find them by the link on this website
By the way, since you've got a bachelor degree in business, why don't you try MSc programs instead of MBA? there are many Msc programs designed for students with a business background. just like a mster of marketing or something.
jovise

Hey Vishal,

if ur looking to do MBA in USA without work experience, its best if u consult with coaching centers like IMS,brainstorm,TIME,etc as they will shortlist universities in the USA n also help u with the application procedures as all universities have their own specifications and modules they follow...n make sure u have taken ur GMAT xam as that is the most important factor concerning ur MBA in the USA..IELTS is an exam which is mainly focussed on masters programs in UK n not the US.

Hey Vishal,

if ur looking to do MBA in USA without work experience, its best if u consult with coaching centers like IMS,brainstorm,TIME,etc as they will shortlist universities in the USA n also help u with the application procedures as all universities have their own specifications and modules they follow...n make sure u have taken ur GMAT xam as that is the most important factor concerning ur MBA in the USA..IELTS is an exam which is mainly focussed on masters programs in UK n not the US.
vivin_k

hey Vishal even m done with ma BMS n m planning to do my MBA from US and hoping to find good universities that give admit to students without work experience though that is the case with some students who have exceptional resume or strong academic background......was wondering if any1 can tell what are those exceptional cases when univ. gives admit...

hey Vishal even m done with ma BMS n m planning to do my MBA from US and hoping to find good universities that give admit to students without work experience though that is the case with some students who have exceptional resume or strong academic background......was wondering if any1 can tell what are those exceptional cases when univ. gives admit...

hey I am an undergraduate student ,will be completing my b.com (hons) next year..i am looking for mba in uk/usa but do not possess a work experience..what do you say is an mba better or msc ?? as both provide me the same thing...almost!....i am in a complete fix..

hey I am an undergraduate student ,will be completing my b.com (hons) next year..i am looking for mba in uk/usa but do not possess a work experience..what do you say is an mba better or msc ?? as both provide me the same thing...almost!....i am in a complete fix..
vivin_k

i think considering your from B.com, you should go for MBA.....i mean MBA is way better than MSc....as u get to learn more n are exposed to lot of things during your program.....but this also depends on the amount of time and money your willing to spend....consider that and you will get your answer...

i think considering your from B.com, you should go for MBA.....i mean MBA is way better than MSc....as u get to learn more n are exposed to lot of things during your program.....but this also depends on the amount of time and money your willing to spend....consider that and you will get your answer...

SANGITA89

HEY i've jus completed my acca and i m considering to join mba bt is there any way tht we can do tht in usa without any work experience...

HEY i've jus completed my acca and i m considering to join mba bt is there any way tht we can do tht in usa without any work experience...
Masood Sah...

hi to all pl without any work exp...

yes you will find few uni's in usa and many in uk /europe which would consider students without work exp...

i know all of you would like to study in a good school... Don?t follow rankings blindly, they can deceive you in wrong direction.

If u ask me how do I find which school is good? Any school which has AMBA,AACSB or EQUIS Accreditation is a good school.

AMBA(http://accreditation.mbaworld.com/content/accreditedlist/index.php)

EQUIS(http://www.efmd.org/index.php/component/efmd/?cmsid=040929sqku)

AACSAB(http://www.aacsb.edu/General/InstLists.asp?lid=3)

These are top MBA accreditation. Triple accreditation can be used by as an alternative, and more reliable, method for reviewing the quality of Business School.

you can read more about mba process on my blog below

http://sahibzadamasood.blogspot.com/2009/10/mba.html

cheers

masood

yes you will find few uni's in usa and many in uk /europe which would consider students without work exp...

i know all of you would like to study in a good school... Don?t follow rankings blindly, they can deceive you in wrong direction.

If u ask me how do I find which school is good? Any school which has AMBA,AACSB or EQUIS Accreditation is a good school.

AMBA(http://accreditation.mbaworld.com/content/accreditedlist/index.php)

EQUIS(http://www.efmd.org/index.php/component/efmd/?cmsid=040929sqku)

AACSAB(http://www.aacsb.edu/General/InstLists.asp?lid=3)

These are top MBA accreditation. Triple accreditation can be used by as an alternative, and more reliable, method for reviewing the quality of Business School.

you can read more about mba process on my blog below

http://sahibzadamasood.blogspot.com/2009/10/mba.html

cheers

masood
fishball

Two questions.

1. What do you define as a good school? A school that is capable of preparing you to achieve your career dreams? Or one that just has those certifications?

2. Secondly, work experience is probably crucial for you to maximize your learning at a business school and your sharing with your fellow classmates. If a school comprised only of people who had no experience, that would be less than ideal as they wouldn't be able to relate to the theories/situations taught.

What's the big deal about getting some work experience than doing an MBA? People have been doing that for years - what makes all of you so different that you should be doing an MBA straight out of undergrad?

<blockquote>hi to all pl without any work exp...

</blockquote>

Two questions.

1. What do you define as a good school? A school that is capable of preparing you to achieve your career dreams? Or one that just has those certifications?

2. Secondly, work experience is probably crucial for you to maximize your learning at a business school and your sharing with your fellow classmates. If a school comprised only of people who had no experience, that would be less than ideal as they wouldn't be able to relate to the theories/situations taught.

What's the big deal about getting some work experience than doing an MBA? People have been doing that for years - what makes all of you so different that you should be doing an MBA straight out of undergrad?

vivin_k

People doing it for years does not necessarily mean that it is the right thing to do, plus i dont see the point in working for 2-5 years just to get in to a B school while my dreams are totally different...getting into a B school is not my dream , my need is to get MBA degree which will help me to manage my dreams better...the Big deal about getting some work experience than doing an MBA is i cannot afford to waste time even though m 22...i cannot waste time...
you asked me for the differentiation i am showing one

People doing it for years does not necessarily mean that it is the right thing to do, plus i dont see the point in working for 2-5 years just to get in to a B school while my dreams are totally different...getting into a B school is not my dream , my need is to get MBA degree which will help me to manage my dreams better...the Big deal about getting some work experience than doing an MBA is i cannot afford to waste time even though m 22...i cannot waste time...
Evan2007

Just a tip: When you're applying for MBA programs, just don't tell the admissions people that you didn't want to "waste time" with getting work experience. They probably won't appreciate that too much - even if they sympathize with your rush to get your education behind you as fast as possible.

Just a tip: When you're applying for MBA programs, just don't tell the admissions people that you didn't want to "waste time" with getting work experience. They probably won't appreciate that too much - even if they sympathize with your rush to get your education behind you as fast as possible.
Masood Sah...

mr fish ball

i would suggest you understand and read about how accreditation are given to schools... accreditation are not like going to market and buying fish from the market :0)

and schools do take exceptional freshers who dont want to work and want to be entrepreneur...

mr fish ball

i would suggest you understand and read about how accreditation are given to schools... accreditation are not like going to market and buying fish from the market :0)

and schools do take exceptional freshers who dont want to work and want to be entrepreneur...
vivin_k

@Evan2007 - thanks mate.... appreciate it....btw are you also in same boat like us...or are you already done with your MBA..???

@Evan2007 - thanks mate.... appreciate it....btw are you also in same boat like us...or are you already done with your MBA..???
fishball

Then perhaps, you should have done an undergraduate degree that would have allowed you to achieve your dreams. There is nothing that an MBA can achieve that the proper work experience, undergraduate degree etc can't achieve.

<blockquote>People doing it for years does not necessarily mean that it is the right thing to do, plus i dont see the point in working for 2-5 years just to get in to a B school while my dreams are totally different...getting into a B school is not my dream , my need is to get MBA degree which will help me to manage my dreams better...the Big deal about getting some work experience than doing an MBA is i cannot afford to waste time even though m 22...i cannot waste time...
you asked me for the differentiation i am showing one</blockquote>

Then perhaps, you should have done an undergraduate degree that would have allowed you to achieve your dreams. There is nothing that an MBA can achieve that the proper work experience, undergraduate degree etc can't achieve.
fishball

mr fish ball

I know of several people that have gone to top 10 schools without any experience - but the number is so small as that there are so few exceptional people. Most people who come here to read, are not those exceptional people - including you and myself. And strangely, none of those people wanted to be entrepreneurs. How sure are you that schools take freshers that don't want to work and be entrepreneurs? Why don't they just go ahead and be entrepreneurs?

My points is that, accreditation is not a guarantee that it's a "good" school.

<blockquote>mr fish ball

and schools do take exceptional freshers who dont want to work and want to be entrepreneur...</blockquote>

I know of several people that have gone to top 10 schools without any experience - but the number is so small as that there are so few exceptional people. Most people who come here to read, are not those exceptional people - including you and myself. And strangely, none of those people wanted to be entrepreneurs. How sure are you that schools take freshers that don't want to work and be entrepreneurs? Why don't they just go ahead and be entrepreneurs?

My points is that, accreditation is not a guarantee that it's a "good" school.
Masood Sah...

people come here to understand system of overseas education....

to be entrepreneurs you need to have a market plan. strategies, your own unique ideas...

mba will just polish/groom you to become who you want to be..mba is not like winning a lottery...

for me as a individual , i was able to decide on mba only after i started working, but getting it right after your bachelors should not be problem either.. infact in India we have IIM's which is hardvard of Asia... and they very much take freshers and mixed profile...

coming to accredations- amba is given to schools only who takes students with minimum 3 yrs work exp.. similarly aacsb has lot of requirements which a uni has to fill.. like most of professor should be phd only... so there are lot of criteria tht is why those schools r unable to take freshers.. so when i recommend those accreditation, i am quit sure about schools reputation

people come here to understand system of overseas education....

to be entrepreneurs you need to have a market plan. strategies, your own unique ideas...

mba will just polish/groom you to become who you want to be..mba is not like winning a lottery...

for me as a individual , i was able to decide on mba only after i started working, but getting it right after your bachelors should not be problem either.. infact in India we have IIM's which is hardvard of Asia... and they very much take freshers and mixed profile...

coming to accredations- amba is given to schools only who takes students with minimum 3 yrs work exp.. similarly aacsb has lot of requirements which a uni has to fill.. like most of professor should be phd only... so there are lot of criteria tht is why those schools r unable to take freshers.. so when i recommend those accreditation, i am quit sure about schools reputation
dalmba

Hey folks, just FYI I am a current student taking this Canadian MBA so if you have any questions about it at all please feel free to get in touch. It's a brand new (2009) program that does a lot of stuff very differently and has so far generated some very cool work terms.

I'm also the official blog writer for the program - every Thursday I interview one of my classmates and get their story so there's a wealth of student perspective there. (http://www.dalmba.ca/cr/blogs)

Cheers,
Jordy

<blockquote>
Dalhousie university MBA(corporate residency)</blockquote>

Hey folks, just FYI I am a current student taking this Canadian MBA so if you have any questions about it at all please feel free to get in touch. It's a brand new (2009) program that does a lot of stuff very differently and has so far generated some very cool work terms.

I'm also the official blog writer for the program - every Thursday I interview one of my classmates and get their story so there's a wealth of student perspective there. (http://www.dalmba.ca/cr/blogs)

Cheers,
Jordy
brad12

How much important is, if you don't have work experience and your are MBA person looking for job. Is experience does matter for MBA person.

How much important is, if you don't have work experience and your are MBA person looking for job. Is experience does matter for MBA person.

Why would any one hire you for higher pay without any track record of achievement or whether you can work in team?

<blockquote>How much important is, if you don't have work experience and your are MBA person looking for job. Is experience does matter for MBA person.</blockquote>

Why would any one hire you for higher pay without any track record of achievement or whether you can work in team?
dalmba

The main idea behind our program is to get talented people into the working environment via their Corporate Residencies. They have 8 months to show that they're a good team player, etc.

If they don't get hired on from their residency at least the track record has been started. A good number of my colleagues (who did not have prior work experience) got rehired from their residencies with impressive starting pay.

For some it doesn't happen, but they'll all have their MBAs at a uncharacteristically young age. Starting from entry level like a BComm might, the hope is that they'd advance faster and be eligible for more opportunities than someone without the advanced degree!

The main idea behind our program is to get talented people into the working environment via their Corporate Residencies. They have 8 months to show that they're a good team player, etc.

If they don't get hired on from their residency at least the track record has been started. A good number of my colleagues (who did not have prior work experience) got rehired from their residencies with impressive starting pay.

For some it doesn't happen, but they'll all have their MBAs at a uncharacteristically young age. Starting from entry level like a BComm might, the hope is that they'd advance faster and be eligible for more opportunities than someone without the advanced degree!

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Halifax, Canada 6 Followers 11 Discussions
Burlington, Canada 19 Followers 34 Discussions
Victoria, Canada 10 Followers 13 Discussions
Waterloo, Canada 21 Followers 11 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 7 Followers 16 Discussions
Ottawa, Canada 22 Followers 12 Discussions

Other Related Content

Work Experience and the MBA: How Much is Really Necessary?

Article Aug 30, 2011

Experience isn't just about getting into business school; it's also about getting out (with a job).

Hot Discussions