Interesting facts about MBA programs in Canada

ralph

I just got done reading the Toronto Star's new "World of MBA" feature, where there's some good info on MBA programs in Canada. The country offers a lot of good options, and many business schools there are diversifying their offerings to suit a wider selection of students. Here's a couple facts I picked up:

Toronto-Rotman has a course in Islamic Finance. Not a full-on specialization like Cass and other UK MBA programs - but a start in a country that has a growing Muslim population.

York - Schulich has a specialization in mining. With needed advances in sustainability on the way, this already large industry is going to need more MBAs. Very few programs anywhere offer a mining specialization.

With business plan competitions and good access to venture capital sources, Ryerson is starting to carve out an entrepreneurial niche in the Toronto startup scene.

I just got done reading the Toronto Star's new "World of MBA" feature, where there's some good info on MBA programs in Canada. The country offers a lot of good options, and many business schools there are diversifying their offerings to suit a wider selection of students. Here's a couple facts I picked up:

Toronto-Rotman has a course in Islamic Finance. Not a full-on specialization like Cass and other UK MBA programs - but a start in a country that has a growing Muslim population.

York - Schulich has a specialization in mining. With needed advances in sustainability on the way, this already large industry is going to need more MBAs. Very few programs anywhere offer a mining specialization.

With business plan competitions and good access to venture capital sources, Ryerson is starting to carve out an entrepreneurial niche in the Toronto startup scene.
shewta

could you suggest some of the best masters in finance in canada which can place students in investment & banking.

could you suggest some of the best masters in finance in canada which can place students in investment & banking.
Duncan

Take a look at http://www.global-derivatives.com/index.php/news-topmenu-19#Canada

Take a look at http://www.global-derivatives.com/index.php/news-topmenu-19#Canada
ralph

The country offers a lot of good options, and many business schools there are diversifying their offerings to suit a wider selection of students.

I forgot to mention that there are quite a few online MBAs in Canada, and the Queen's blended format executive MBA program in particular looks really interesting: it offers a mix of distance learning and in-class sessions, as well as two projects (a New Venture or Management Consulting Project or a Global Business Project.)

<blockquote>The country offers a lot of good options, and many business schools there are diversifying their offerings to suit a wider selection of students. </blockquote>
I forgot to mention that there are quite a few online MBAs in Canada, and the Queen's blended format executive MBA program in particular looks really interesting: it offers a mix of distance learning and in-class sessions, as well as two projects (a New Venture or Management Consulting Project or a Global Business Project.)

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Kingston, Canada 36 Followers 74 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 87 Followers 112 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 77 Followers 115 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 53 Followers 66 Discussions

Other Related Content

Sep 11, 2023

The GMAC MBA Tour Lands in Africa Sept. 13-19

News Sep 11, 2023

MBA Programs in Canada: Increasingly Attractive for International Students

Article May 13, 2019

Internationals are attracted by the progressive immigration policies and an environment that is welcoming of foreigners

Hot Discussions