Canadian MBA - Best option

nisarg

Hi everyone,
First of all, thanks a ton to all of you in advance to take time out and reply to my queries.
I am 24 yrs old, Indian MBA aspirant.
Edu: MBA(mktng) + B.Tech(Extc) 5yrs integrated course. 2.9 cgpa. last two years' CGPA is above 3.
GMAT: 610 | IELTS: 8
Exp - 2years. (Banking + marketing)
Aiming for a Finance or IB spl in this MBA
I have applied to Mcmaster and ryerson and I am planning to apply to brock and Uvic also.
Got rejected from Sauder.
What are my best options other than the above mentioned in canada? And in which universities I may be accepted?
regards

Hi everyone,
First of all, thanks a ton to all of you in advance to take time out and reply to my queries.
I am 24 yrs old, Indian MBA aspirant.
Edu: MBA(mktng) + B.Tech(Extc) 5yrs integrated course. 2.9 cgpa. last two years' CGPA is above 3.
GMAT: 610 | IELTS: 8
Exp - 2years. (Banking + marketing)
Aiming for a Finance or IB spl in this MBA
I have applied to Mcmaster and ryerson and I am planning to apply to brock and Uvic also.
Got rejected from Sauder.
What are my best options other than the above mentioned in canada? And in which universities I may be accepted?
regards
Razors Edg...

I'm not surprised that you got rejected from Sauder - you have the bare minimum for their work experience requirements.

If I were you, I would get another year or two of work experience and then try again.

Be advised that programs that are strong in finance or investment banking are most likely going to be looking for candidates with solid quantitative skills - something that a strong GMAT score demonstrates. And the schools that have the best finance placements are most likely going to be in Toronto: Schulich and Rotman. Work experience, as I am sure you are probably aware, will be an issue at these schools.

As a potential alternative considering your low work experience, why not look into a master in management or master in finance program. I've heard the Rotman Master of Finance is quite good.

I'm not surprised that you got rejected from Sauder - you have the bare minimum for their work experience requirements.

If I were you, I would get another year or two of work experience and then try again.

Be advised that programs that are strong in finance or investment banking are most likely going to be looking for candidates with solid quantitative skills - something that a strong GMAT score demonstrates. And the schools that have the best finance placements are most likely going to be in Toronto: Schulich and Rotman. Work experience, as I am sure you are probably aware, will be an issue at these schools.

As a potential alternative considering your low work experience, why not look into a master in management or master in finance program. I've heard the Rotman Master of Finance is quite good.
garisijkl

Hello, have you made a decision about this? I am in a similar position as you, with low work experience but with a higher GMAT score - 690. Would be interested in hearing if you found any good MBA programs in Canada that were interested in you even with only two years of work experience.

Hello, have you made a decision about this? I am in a similar position as you, with low work experience but with a higher GMAT score - 690. Would be interested in hearing if you found any good MBA programs in Canada that were interested in you even with only two years of work experience.
nisarg

Yep got into ryerson and mcmaster.

Yep got into ryerson and mcmaster.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Burlington, Canada 19 Followers 34 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 53 Followers 66 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Canada: Maple Trees, Bacon, and Business Schools?

Article Dec 15, 2010

Affordable and respected, Canadian business schools are luring international students north.

Hot Discussions