Buenos Aires vs. São Paulo

toby

Anybody got info on Argentina MBAs? Is Buenos Aires a good business center? How does it compare to São Paulo in Brazil? I would be very grateful for any perspectives. Thanks.

Anybody got info on Argentina MBAs? Is Buenos Aires a good business center? How does it compare to São Paulo in Brazil? I would be very grateful for any perspectives. Thanks.

I would be interested to see if anybody had any insight into this as well. I've heard Buenos Aires was a cool place, but haven't been able to find any English language programs there.

I was looking at FIA - its International MBA program is in English, and is in Sao Paulo. Seems like a decent program and the business scene there is pretty interesting.

I would be interested to see if anybody had any insight into this as well. I've heard Buenos Aires was a cool place, but haven't been able to find any English language programs there.

I was looking at FIA - its International MBA program is in English, and is in Sao Paulo. Seems like a decent program and the business scene there is pretty interesting.
Duncan

São Paulo is where the business is...

That's what I've heard - but only vaguely. Do you know more about what kind of industries are there? All I know is that there's a lot of finance (which I'm not too interested in,) and some telecom (which could be interesting, depending how entrepreneurial it is.)

<blockquote>São Paulo is where the business is...</blockquote>

That's what I've heard - but only vaguely. Do you know more about what kind of industries are there? All I know is that there's a lot of finance (which I'm not too interested in,) and some telecom (which could be interesting, depending how entrepreneurial it is.)
Duncan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_São_Paulo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_São_Paulo
Tropic

Well, Sao Paulo is by far Brazil's leading business center. I've managed to find the top industries in the capital:

Telecommunications
Automotive
Banking
Pharmaceutical
Computers
Fashion
Consulting
Construction

There's a lot of opportunity there. That said, Sao Paulo was recently ranked as the 10th most expensive city in the world, and investors are pouring cash into the oil industry. Might be a really interesting place - and time - to do an MBA!

Well, Sao Paulo is by far Brazil's leading business center. I've managed to find the top industries in the capital:

Telecommunications
Automotive
Banking
Pharmaceutical
Computers
Fashion
Consulting
Construction

There's a lot of opportunity there. That said, Sao Paulo was recently ranked as the 10th most expensive city in the world, and investors are pouring cash into the oil industry. Might be a really interesting place - and time - to do an MBA!

Might be a really interesting place - and time - to do an MBA!

Yes, from everything I'm reading this could be the case! And FIA seems like an interesting option - the international MBA program is well regarded and it's got partnerships with schools like Cambridge Judge and Vanderbilt - which could be beneficial for people wanting a global education. Is anybody going to apply to this school?

<blockquote>Might be a really interesting place - and time - to do an MBA!<blockquote>
Yes, from everything I'm reading this could be the case! And FIA seems like an interesting option - the international MBA program is well regarded and it's got partnerships with schools like Cambridge Judge and Vanderbilt - which could be beneficial for people wanting a global education. Is anybody going to apply to this school?

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

São Paulo, Brazil 22 Followers 26 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Emerging Markets: Brazil

Article Jul 13, 2009

Breakneck economic growth is drawing international students to Brazil for business school. What can they expect?