Alberta vs. Haskayne for Energy Sector

Hey all,

Any thoughts to as how these Canadian programs stack up for a career in energy? Can't make up my mind, both seem to be well regarded, in terms of programs and jobs in the energy sector.

Hey all,

Any thoughts to as how these Canadian programs stack up for a career in energy? Can't make up my mind, both seem to be well regarded, in terms of programs and jobs in the energy sector.
Duncan

Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/62/q/Alberta+Haskayne ?

Take a look at http://www.find-mba.com/boardsearch/62/q/Alberta+Haskayne ?
ralph

I would lean towards Calgary, because grads tend to have higher salaries in general. But beyond that, a higher percentage of Haskayne graduates tend to go into the energy sector than Alberta grads.

Both programs offer relevant energy specialization options though. Alberta cohorts tend to have slightly higher GMAT averages.

I would lean towards Calgary, because grads tend to have higher salaries in general. But beyond that, a higher percentage of Haskayne graduates tend to go into the energy sector than Alberta grads.

Both programs offer relevant energy specialization options though. Alberta cohorts tend to have slightly higher GMAT averages.

Sounds reasonable. And actually, the curriculum in Calgary's energy concentration appeals to me more than Alberta's. I think I will apply to both just to make sure though.

<blockquote>I would lean towards Calgary, because grads tend to have higher salaries in general. But beyond that, a higher percentage of Haskayne graduates tend to go into the energy sector than Alberta grads.

Both programs offer relevant energy specialization options though. Alberta cohorts tend to have slightly higher GMAT averages.</blockquote>
Sounds reasonable. And actually, the curriculum in Calgary's energy concentration appeals to me more than Alberta's. I think I will apply to both just to make sure though.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Edmonton, Canada 50 Followers 53 Discussions
Calgary, Canada 32 Followers 35 Discussions

Other Related Content

After the MBA: Alumni Careers in the Energy Sector

Article Jun 01, 2011

Interviews with b-school alumni working in this constantly evolving industry

Top Business Schools for Energy and Natural Resources

Top List

Some MBA programs offer specializations in energy, which can help prepare students for industry's complex interplay between politics, finance, and the environment. See a list of the top ten best business schools for a career in energy

Hot Discussions