Affordable MBA with Decent Job Prospects

deleted

[Edited by williamfeu on Mar 04, 2023]

deleted
Inactive User

All good, mid-tier programs. I would suggest that the HEC program is the superior one, if you speak French. If you don't speak French many of the consulting jobs in Quebec will be out of reach for you.

Next down would probably be Ottawa, followed by Ryerson and Beedie. But salaries will not vary tremendously between the four - you would probably be better off deciding where you want to study, since Toronto is different from Montreal; Vancouver is different from Ottawa, etc.

All good, mid-tier programs. I would suggest that the HEC program is the superior one, if you speak French. If you don't speak French many of the consulting jobs in Quebec will be out of reach for you.

Next down would probably be Ottawa, followed by Ryerson and Beedie. But salaries will not vary tremendously between the four - you would probably be better off deciding where you want to study, since Toronto is different from Montreal; Vancouver is different from Ottawa, etc.
Inactive User

I was judging by the cohort's lower average GMAT scores, which usually correlate pretty closely with long-term value.

But don't get me wrong - there's not a huge difference between these schools (although HEC has the clear edge.) It will mostly depend on what city you want to study in.

I was judging by the cohort's lower average GMAT scores, which usually correlate pretty closely with long-term value.

But don't get me wrong - there's not a huge difference between these schools (although HEC has the clear edge.) It will mostly depend on what city you want to study in.

Hi All,

This article was insightful, but can you please shed some more light on comparing the following programs with each other, baring the location angle, keeping in mind the cohort, class strength, opportunities post MBA and Industry & Alumni network majorly. Additional information will also help tremendously.

1. Telfer business School
2. Wilfrid Laurier (Innovation & Entrepreneurship) (12 months - with business incubator working option
3. Beedie School of business (Simon Fraser University)
4. Ryerson

Hi All,

This article was insightful, but can you please shed some more light on comparing the following programs with each other, baring the location angle, keeping in mind the cohort, class strength, opportunities post MBA and Industry & Alumni network majorly. Additional information will also help tremendously.

1. Telfer business School
2. Wilfrid Laurier (Innovation & Entrepreneurship) (12 months - with business incubator working option
3. Beedie School of business (Simon Fraser University)
4. Ryerson
Inactive User

None of these programs will have the same strength as those with status in the rankings. It's also hard to compare them since they're in very different locations: Ryerson is in Toronto, Beedie is in Vancouver, etc.

Complicating matters is that, apart from Beedie, none of these schools publish post-MBA career reports, so it's tough to get a clear picture of the career prospectives. Ask the schools directly.

None of these programs will have the same strength as those with status in the rankings. It's also hard to compare them since they're in very different locations: Ryerson is in Toronto, Beedie is in Vancouver, etc.

Complicating matters is that, apart from Beedie, none of these schools publish post-MBA career reports, so it's tough to get a clear picture of the career prospectives. Ask the schools directly.

Hey mba hipster, how do you see Ivey in comparison to the other schools mentioned in this thread? I am considering applying there.

Hey mba hipster, how do you see Ivey in comparison to the other schools mentioned in this thread? I am considering applying there.
Inactive User

I think that in general, there's a gap between the non-ranked Canadian business schools, like Ryerson and Beedie, and those that are ranked in the FT. Ivey is ranked at the very bottom of the FT, so that's something. I suppose that it would ultimately depend on your goals and expectations as well.

I think that in general, there's a gap between the non-ranked Canadian business schools, like Ryerson and Beedie, and those that are ranked in the FT. Ivey is ranked at the very bottom of the FT, so that's something. I suppose that it would ultimately depend on your goals and expectations as well.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Montréal, Canada 47 Followers 56 Discussions
Vancouver, Canada 24 Followers 36 Discussions
Ottawa, Canada 22 Followers 30 Discussions
Toronto, Canada 53 Followers 66 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Consulting Projects: Kicking the Academic Tires

Article Apr 15, 2013

How live projects can give you hands-on experience, and maybe even help you land a job

Hot Discussions