Accredited MBA in Brazil. No GMAT required. Are you interested?

raquelmo

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN BRAZIL?

Do you want to move to Brazil, one of the emerging markets, with so many things coming up (World Cup, Olympics...)?
* Internationally accredited MBA in English (22.000 USD approx.)
* No GMAT required
* Learn another language while doing your MBA (Portuguese)
* International Module in US included

International MBA programs offered:
? MBA Executivo Internacional (In Portuguese)
? International MBA, Full-Time & Part-Time (In English)
? Americas MBA (In English)

http://www.fia.com.br/Educacao/MBA/Paginas/MBA.aspx

Finalising the next March 2013 intake.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!!

For more info, contact me
Raquel
Profuturo-FIA

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN BRAZIL?

Do you want to move to Brazil, one of the emerging markets, with so many things coming up (World Cup, Olympics...)?
* Internationally accredited MBA in English (22.000 USD approx.)
* No GMAT required
* Learn another language while doing your MBA (Portuguese)
* International Module in US included

International MBA programs offered:
? MBA Executivo Internacional (In Portuguese)
? International MBA, Full-Time & Part-Time (In English)
? Americas MBA (In English)

http://www.fia.com.br/Educacao/MBA/Paginas/MBA.aspx

Finalising the next March 2013 intake.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!!

For more info, contact me
Raquel
Profuturo-FIA

Duncan

Sounds like an interesting programme. Where do the international students come from? How many find work in Brazil?

PS I found the English website at http://www1.fia.com.br/internationalmba/

Sounds like an interesting programme. Where do the international students come from? How many find work in Brazil?

PS I found the English website at http://www1.fia.com.br/internationalmba/
raquelmo

Thanks for your interest in the program.

We have reduced groups (around 20 students) for each International MBA Full time intake. They have very diverse backgrounds and they are from over 14 different countries (Australia, France, Germany, UK, Portugal, North Korea, Switzerland, China?).

It is a truly international program, taught in English.
Although classes take place in Sao Paulo (Brazil) has an immersion trip to US included. They have the chance to study in an American university, make company visits and enjoy social activities for an intensive but very productive week.

Regarding staying in Brazil post-MBA, depends on the graduates objectives and getting a working visa. It is not easy to get a working visa in Brazil but the fact that they have studied here, know the culture, expanded their network and are familiar with the market? definitely increases the chances to find an opportunity.

Regards,

Raquel

Thanks for your interest in the program.

We have reduced groups (around 20 students) for each International MBA Full time intake. They have very diverse backgrounds and they are from over 14 different countries (Australia, France, Germany, UK, Portugal, North Korea, Switzerland, China?).

It is a truly international program, taught in English.
Although classes take place in Sao Paulo (Brazil) has an immersion trip to US included. They have the chance to study in an American university, make company visits and enjoy social activities for an intensive but very productive week.

Regarding staying in Brazil post-MBA, depends on the graduates objectives and getting a working visa. It is not easy to get a working visa in Brazil but the fact that they have studied here, know the culture, expanded their network and are familiar with the market? definitely increases the chances to find an opportunity.

Regards,

Raquel
Duncan

Wow! North Korea!!

Wow! North Korea!!

lol.

lol.
mbalink

As a Brazilian, I can say that the chances of an international student staying in Brazil following the program is close to zero! Sorry...

As a Brazilian, I can say that the chances of an international student staying in Brazil following the program is close to zero! Sorry...
donho199

wow another grandson of the great long grand leaders or some stupid things like that

wow another grandson of the great long grand leaders or some stupid things like that

mbalink

I didn't quite get your post... Is it because of what I said?

<blockquote>wow another grandson of the great long grand leaders or some stupid things like that

</blockquote>

donho199

No i refer to the North Korean folk. You know North Koreans are not allowed to leave the country and only those who are very very elite or serve the country' secret missions are given passports

<blockquote><blockquote>wow another grandson of the great long grand leaders or some stupid things like that

</blockquote>

I didn't quite get your post... Is it because of what I said?</blockquote>

No i refer to the North Korean folk. You know North Koreans are not allowed to leave the country and only those who are very very elite or serve the country' secret missions are given passports
raquelmo

Apologies for the mistake, in fact, the student is from South Korea.
In any case, it proves me the post has been noticed

Apologies for the mistake, in fact, the student is from South Korea.
In any case, it proves me the post has been noticed
Duncan

Indeed, 576 views so far!

Raquel, what do you think about the comment above? I guess most of the overseas students who study at the FAI end up doing business with Brazil from their home country, rather than taking for Brazilian firms in Brazil. Is that right?

PS Do students on the full-time programme have the ability to interact with students on the part-time programme? That could be very valuable networking....

Indeed, 576 views so far!

Raquel, what do you think about the comment above? I guess most of the overseas students who study at the FAI end up doing business with Brazil from their home country, rather than taking for Brazilian firms in Brazil. Is that right?

PS Do students on the full-time programme have the ability to interact with students on the part-time programme? That could be very valuable networking....
raquelmo

You are right, the experience of doing the MBA in Brazil can be used in different ways, either working from Brazil itself or from any other country and doing business with Brazil.

mbalink, I mentioned before that getting a working visa is not easy but it is also not impossible either.

Full Time MBA students not only interact with Part-Time students but also with the Americas MBA ones.

The Amercias MBA program is focused on the 4 major economies in the region, made in conjunction with 4 partnered universities: in US, Canada, Mexico and Brasil.

Therefore their network can expand rapidly and widely.

You are right, the experience of doing the MBA in Brazil can be used in different ways, either working from Brazil itself or from any other country and doing business with Brazil.

mbalink, I mentioned before that getting a working visa is not easy but it is also not impossible either.

Full Time MBA students not only interact with Part-Time students but also with the Americas MBA ones.

The Amercias MBA program is focused on the 4 major economies in the region, made in conjunction with 4 partnered universities: in US, Canada, Mexico and Brasil.

Therefore their network can expand rapidly and widely.
Inactive User

But for students looking for the wider global perspective, wouldn't it make more sense for them to do something like the OneMBA program, where they spend time in Brazil in addition to other places?

Just partially playing Devil's advocate here - FIA has a good program, but to sell it as a way of gaining a global network and having opportunities with countries outside Brazil is a bit false.

But for students looking for the wider global perspective, wouldn't it make more sense for them to do something like the OneMBA program, where they spend time in Brazil in addition to other places?

Just partially playing Devil's advocate here - FIA has a good program, but to sell it as a way of gaining a global network and having opportunities with countries outside Brazil is a bit false.
Duncan

These are totally different programmes: OneMBA is an executive programme at a premium price. You'd spend very little time in Brazil. Studying at the FIA is mainly a way to get a Brazilian network, the same way that an English-language MBA in China or Russia is primarily a way to get a network in China or Russia rather than a way to move there.

If you wanted to get a global network, then a full-time programme at a top school like Wharton or LBS with an exchange semester abroad would be a more effective method.

If you wanted a part-time MBA programme then the FIA is a participant in the Americas MBA, which costs less than the OneMBA's $102,450, and is more focussed on Latin America.

These are totally different programmes: OneMBA is an executive programme at a premium price. You'd spend very little time in Brazil. Studying at the FIA is mainly a way to get a Brazilian network, the same way that an English-language MBA in China or Russia is primarily a way to get a network in China or Russia rather than a way to move there.

If you wanted to get a global network, then a full-time programme at a top school like Wharton or LBS with an exchange semester abroad would be a more effective method.

If you wanted a part-time MBA programme then the FIA is a participant in the Americas MBA, which costs less than the OneMBA's $102,450, and is more focussed on Latin America.
Inactive User

Right, I get your point. I'm just saying that there are other alternatives if you're simply looking for exposure to Brazil and a global network, rather than a full-time experience where you expect to get a job there at the end.

the Americas MBA is a really interesting program, by the way.

Right, I get your point. I'm just saying that there are other alternatives if you're simply looking for exposure to Brazil and a global network, rather than a full-time experience where you expect to get a job there at the end.

the Americas MBA is a really interesting program, by the way.
Duncan

True and, frankly, one could just get on a plane and spend a year taking a course in Brazilian Portuguese - which might be even more effective. But the main choice here is between the executive MBA programmes and the full-time one, which is so much cheaper and it the only option for someone on their 20s, who perhaps would not be admitted to an EMBA.

True and, frankly, one could just get on a plane and spend a year taking a course in Brazilian Portuguese - which might be even more effective. But the main choice here is between the executive MBA programmes and the full-time one, which is so much cheaper and it the only option for someone on their 20s, who perhaps would not be admitted to an EMBA.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

São Paulo, Brazil 22 Followers 26 Discussions

Other Related Content

MBA Programs in Emerging Markets: Brazil

Article Jul 13, 2009

Breakneck economic growth is drawing international students to Brazil for business school. What can they expect?