GUC MBA

wfarouk2

Any information about the GUC MBA program?
Is it good?

Any information about the GUC MBA program?
Is it good?
Inactive User

http://www.guc.edu.eg/mba/mba.htm

http://www.guc.edu.eg/mba/mba.htm
Bassem

The GUC program is very bad, its still budding and they treat people like they are the only uni. that provides MBA programs in egypt.

I applied in the GUC, then i was totally disappointed when i met the german prof. in the interview....

He just rejected the interview because i look too young do you imagine that...

Later i learned from my friends who already finished their study there that it was one of their worst descisions that they studied the MBA in the GUC..

The GUC program is very bad, its still budding and they treat people like they are the only uni. that provides MBA programs in egypt.

I applied in the GUC, then i was totally disappointed when i met the german prof. in the interview....

He just rejected the interview because i look too young do you imagine that...

Later i learned from my friends who already finished their study there that it was one of their worst descisions that they studied the MBA in the GUC..

Dear Bassem,
that sounds worrying... I am very sorry for your abd experience.

For the point of view of personal contact, there seems to be some deficiencies. Can you tell me a bit more? How about the quality of the MBA program?

I tried to find out about the accreditations of the MBA, but there is only a mention of the "accreditations of the partner universities", supposed to be valid for the GUC MBA. I didn't really understand.

Looking forward to your comment

Dear Bassem,
that sounds worrying... I am very sorry for your abd experience.

For the point of view of personal contact, there seems to be some deficiencies. Can you tell me a bit more? How about the quality of the MBA program?

I tried to find out about the accreditations of the MBA, but there is only a mention of the "accreditations of the partner universities", supposed to be valid for the GUC MBA. I didn't really understand.

Looking forward to your comment

Bassem

Dear joergalbers,
I realy cant asure you for the quality of MBA program in GUC because i didnt try it myself so i dont want to judge it from the opinions of my friends who already are doing it there...But what i can tell you is that their website was never updated since a year or more, all the info for the requirments to apply for MBA is wrong, they are always late for replying to any mail or msg to them, even when i tried to escalate my case to the dean or anyone else than the reception i was never answered...
im realy furious because i wasted more than 3 months waiting for an interview then rejected for my young appearance....
anyways im still making a survey about other better programs...
i'll keep u updated ;)

Dear joergalbers,
I realy cant asure you for the quality of MBA program in GUC because i didnt try it myself so i dont want to judge it from the opinions of my friends who already are doing it there...But what i can tell you is that their website was never updated since a year or more, all the info for the requirments to apply for MBA is wrong, they are always late for replying to any mail or msg to them, even when i tried to escalate my case to the dean or anyone else than the reception i was never answered...
im realy furious because i wasted more than 3 months waiting for an interview then rejected for my young appearance....
anyways im still making a survey about other better programs...
i'll keep u updated ;)

Hi Bassem,

thanks for the reply. It is very curious that they rejected you for the appearance. How do you know, did they say so explicitely?

Which other MBA programs of Egypt you consider interesting for international students? Where will you apply now? I would appreciate very much if you let me know a bit more about the Egyptian business schools.
Thanks and good, better luck with your up coming interviews!

Jörg

Hi Bassem,

thanks for the reply. It is very curious that they rejected you for the appearance. How do you know, did they say so explicitely?

Which other MBA programs of Egypt you consider interesting for international students? Where will you apply now? I would appreciate very much if you let me know a bit more about the Egyptian business schools.
Thanks and good, better luck with your up coming interviews!

Jörg
Bassem

Hi joergalbers, Thanks for your care.
About the rejection it was one of the most embarassing situations i have ever faced in an unprofessional place.
In the interview with the german profesor he didnt introduce him self neither let me do so, he just asked me to introduce myself and then interupted me when i said im 24 years old he said "OOO you are still 24 why do you want to take MBA in such young age" i answered that my wife just finished her MBA at the age of 23 that means she started at 21, he answered that this would never happen in the GUC and that he is sorry that he wont abble to take me and if i have taken the Gmat course maybe he can think about it.......
I was too furios i kept asking him why was i rejected before even intreviewing me and that i need to know my week points so i can work on them to be a better candidate next time...he just smiled and said "Bassem dont take it personal but you realy look too young and other students of MBA in the GUC are very older than you..you are a perfect candidate but you just look too young"
thats it...
im still investigating other business schools and when i reach conclusion i will keep you updated....
thanks. :)

Hi joergalbers, Thanks for your care.
About the rejection it was one of the most embarassing situations i have ever faced in an unprofessional place.
In the interview with the german profesor he didnt introduce him self neither let me do so, he just asked me to introduce myself and then interupted me when i said im 24 years old he said "OOO you are still 24 why do you want to take MBA in such young age" i answered that my wife just finished her MBA at the age of 23 that means she started at 21, he answered that this would never happen in the GUC and that he is sorry that he wont abble to take me and if i have taken the Gmat course maybe he can think about it.......
I was too furios i kept asking him why was i rejected before even intreviewing me and that i need to know my week points so i can work on them to be a better candidate next time...he just smiled and said "Bassem dont take it personal but you realy look too young and other students of MBA in the GUC are very older than you..you are a perfect candidate but you just look too young"
thats it...
im still investigating other business schools and when i reach conclusion i will keep you updated....
thanks. :)

Oh gee, that sounds unpleasant! I am really sorry that you had to face this situation.
But in on point the professor was right, don't take it personally. I guess the reason for this evaluation of his was probably the following: In Germany, and in Europe in general, MBA is conceived as a degree fro young professionals with some years of work experience. That means that the students have finished their University studies of 4 or 5 years, then start working, and after maybe 3 years, as experienced you professionals, the integrate the MBA.
Keeping this in mind, the idea of the professor who was in the meeting with you, was probably: Oh another one who did not understand the idea of the MBA...
Possible?

For the rest, not introducing himself etc, as German myself, I must admit this could be the typical German lack of manners... we are not as well educated to respect social rules of politeness as in other cultures, unfortunately - Germans tend to be more direct with things, "forgetting" strict rules of politeness, for the sake of clearity.

Maybe you can tell me: What is the general habit in Egypt for MBA, is it for young professionals, or doyou do it right after finishing the Bachelor, without any work experience?

Oh gee, that sounds unpleasant! I am really sorry that you had to face this situation.
But in on point the professor was right, don't take it personally. I guess the reason for this evaluation of his was probably the following: In Germany, and in Europe in general, MBA is conceived as a degree fro young professionals with some years of work experience. That means that the students have finished their University studies of 4 or 5 years, then start working, and after maybe 3 years, as experienced you professionals, the integrate the MBA.
Keeping this in mind, the idea of the professor who was in the meeting with you, was probably: Oh another one who did not understand the idea of the MBA...
Possible?

For the rest, not introducing himself etc, as German myself, I must admit this could be the typical German lack of manners... we are not as well educated to respect social rules of politeness as in other cultures, unfortunately - Germans tend to be more direct with things, "forgetting" strict rules of politeness, for the sake of clearity.

Maybe you can tell me: What is the general habit in Egypt for MBA, is it for young professionals, or doyou do it right after finishing the Bachelor, without any work experience?
Bassem

okay so we conclude to say that his attitude was unproffesional...While he is a professor managing a business school teaching professionalism....
and about the minimum years of experince would in other programs ranges from 1-2 years
i already have been working nearly 3 years.

anyways you seem to have a great knowledge about MBA programs

Do you know anything about the MIBA program provided by eslsca in france? arab academy for science and technology in egypt teaches this program and i wanted to know if its accredited world wide or not

okay so we conclude to say that his attitude was unproffesional...While he is a professor managing a business school teaching professionalism....
and about the minimum years of experince would in other programs ranges from 1-2 years
i already have been working nearly 3 years.

anyways you seem to have a great knowledge about MBA programs

Do you know anything about the MIBA program provided by eslsca in france? arab academy for science and technology in egypt teaches this program and i wanted to know if its accredited world wide or not
Inactive User

Hi Bassem,

I don't know whether you've looked at their website already. Probably you have. But I noticed this interesting statement on it.

"AAGSB degree programs are accredited locally, regionally & internationally from all recognized accreditation bodies including the Egyptian Supreme Council for Universities."

Which all seems well and good. But they don't go on to say which accreditation bodies they mean specifically. They do, however, have exchange programmes set up with the following universities worldwide:

Central Michigan University-USA.
The Euro-Arab School of Management, Spain.
University of London, London School of Economics (LSE), UK.
École Supérieure Libre Des Sciences Commercials Appliqués, France
Stockholm University, Sweden.
EURO Med MARSEILLE, France.
Rennes International School of Business, France.
University of Sunderland, UK.

And I'd be surprised if any of those institutions would want to be closely associated with another which wasn't properly accredited. Better to be safe than sorry, though: why not drop them an email and ask? Unless anyone else on here knows the answer already....

Hi Bassem,

I don't know whether you've looked at their website already. Probably you have. But I noticed this interesting statement on it.

"AAGSB degree programs are accredited locally, regionally & internationally from all recognized accreditation bodies including the Egyptian Supreme Council for Universities."

Which all seems well and good. But they don't go on to say which accreditation bodies they mean specifically. They do, however, have exchange programmes set up with the following universities worldwide:

Central Michigan University-USA.
The Euro-Arab School of Management, Spain.
University of London, London School of Economics (LSE), UK.
École Supérieure Libre Des Sciences Commercials Appliqués, France
Stockholm University, Sweden.
EURO Med MARSEILLE, France.
Rennes International School of Business, France.
University of Sunderland, UK.

And I'd be surprised if any of those institutions would want to be closely associated with another which wasn't properly accredited. Better to be safe than sorry, though: why not drop them an email and ask? Unless anyone else on here knows the answer already....

kshamandi

GUC is just new uni in Egypt and need help and support but egyptians liked it as it sound western for them so its powerful..for me if they offer me a full MBA scholarship in GUC I wouldnt for for it.It still a new brand and I dont think its able to stand out from the crowd with high profile MBA programs in the UK or USA.Briefly if u want to do an MBA and work in the local market then do it in Egypt but if u want to compete and work in an international market enviroment then u have to think twice and be ready by getting MBA from a high profile business school in the UK or USA.

GUC is just new uni in Egypt and need help and support but egyptians liked it as it sound western for them so its powerful..for me if they offer me a full MBA scholarship in GUC I wouldnt for for it.It still a new brand and I dont think its able to stand out from the crowd with high profile MBA programs in the UK or USA.Briefly if u want to do an MBA and work in the local market then do it in Egypt but if u want to compete and work in an international market enviroment then u have to think twice and be ready by getting MBA from a high profile business school in the UK or USA.
andy.j.

that's true - "GERMAN" still sounds powerful for a lot of people around the world. just think of "made in Germany" - still one of the best Marketing slogans there are!

I agree with you about GUC - it would probably be just fine for local business, but you can't tell yet if it would be worth anything internationally.

that's true - "GERMAN" still sounds powerful for a lot of people around the world. just think of "made in Germany" - still one of the best Marketing slogans there are!

I agree with you about GUC - it would probably be just fine for local business, but you can't tell yet if it would be worth anything internationally.
bomond

I'm currently enrolled in their MBA program and it seems very fine with me. Since they got a new MBA coordinator Samia things started to apear well. They attract good proffessors to lecture difference subjects. They also have a great facility for international students and for the undersgrads. If you want to get a good MBA degree then this is your choice!

I'm currently enrolled in their MBA program and it seems very fine with me. Since they got a new MBA coordinator Samia things started to apear well. They attract good proffessors to lecture difference subjects. They also have a great facility for international students and for the undersgrads. If you want to get a good MBA degree then this is your choice!
kshamandi

hey man it seems like you are working with samia :):):) now I can see how the MBA program there is good:):) sorry mate about that but I can see that the GUC is a nuthing NO its less than nuthing in a fish bowl.many thanks :):):)

hey man it seems like you are working with samia :):):) now I can see how the MBA program there is good:):) sorry mate about that but I can see that the GUC is a nuthing NO its less than nuthing in a fish bowl.many thanks :):):)
Oshrat.H

he answered that this would never happen in the GUC and that he is sorry that he wont abble to take me and if i have taken the Gmat course maybe he can think about it.......

that sounds really unprofessional - did he mean a GMAT preparation course given by the school itself?

you did take the GMAT right? how much did you get, if i might ask?

O.

<blockquote> he answered that this would never happen in the GUC and that he is sorry that he wont abble to take me and if i have taken the Gmat course maybe he can think about it.......
</blockquote>

that sounds really unprofessional - did he mean a GMAT preparation course given by the school itself?

you did take the GMAT right? how much did you get, if i might ask?

O.

i was not asked such questions before, i have not taken my GMAT either. I think that they should give up gmat if one has good experiance in business

i was not asked such questions before, i have not taken my GMAT either. I think that they should give up gmat if one has good experiance in business
Bassem

Yeah you are right...they used to accept ANYONE as they needed to have their portion of the market for their budding program...then when people started to hear about their program ...they added some irrational decisions which they never had the guts to add it on their website ....anyways if anyone here defending the GUC program the least i can say is that its not even accredited inside egypt and u can ask them to proof with the accreditation letter from the gov.

Yeah you are right...they used to accept ANYONE as they needed to have their portion of the market for their budding program...then when people started to hear about their program ...they added some irrational decisions which they never had the guts to add it on their website ....anyways if anyone here defending the GUC program the least i can say is that its not even accredited inside egypt and u can ask them to proof with the accreditation letter from the gov.
drwagih

GUYS!

An MBA from EGYPT is very regional - limited to Egypt!!

A simple rule applies to schools that offer MBA - Quality IN - Quality OUT! SO basically Schools that offer MBA in Egypt accept anyone and anyone who is just able to pay the tution fees even if he/she just grduated from college without even a single month of work experience.

I wonder how the Arab Academy accepts students who have just graduated last year without even a GMAT or an admission test.

Egyptians are brilliant students and they only need a chance to join international schools. I urge everyone who is able to barely fund himelf to try and join a top school even if it means that he/she will have to invest all the money they have.

You can also apply for scholarships at:

Citadel Foundation - www.citadelscholarships.org
Sawiris Foundation - u can find more info via the American Chamber
Bin rashed al maktoum scholarships - google it

Cheers,
Ahmed Wagih

GUYS!

An MBA from EGYPT is very regional - limited to Egypt!!

A simple rule applies to schools that offer MBA - Quality IN - Quality OUT! SO basically Schools that offer MBA in Egypt accept anyone and anyone who is just able to pay the tution fees even if he/she just grduated from college without even a single month of work experience.

I wonder how the Arab Academy accepts students who have just graduated last year without even a GMAT or an admission test.

Egyptians are brilliant students and they only need a chance to join international schools. I urge everyone who is able to barely fund himelf to try and join a top school even if it means that he/she will have to invest all the money they have.

You can also apply for scholarships at:

Citadel Foundation - www.citadelscholarships.org
Sawiris Foundation - u can find more info via the American Chamber
Bin rashed al maktoum scholarships - google it

Cheers,
Ahmed Wagih
kshamandi

Well done Ahmed I really liked your post and i'm sure that you don't live in Egypt, you said a conclusion of what I said or I was trying to say.

All the best for every one
Khaled
MA Marketing student at London Metropolitan University

Well done Ahmed I really liked your post and i'm sure that you don't live in Egypt, you said a conclusion of what I said or I was trying to say.

All the best for every one
Khaled
MA Marketing student at London Metropolitan University
drwagih

Thnx Khaled!!

By the way, I am going for my Full-time MBA at Manchester Business School...this year!! I am flying to the Uk from 17th of August!! Hope to get to see ya then!

I am currently working in East Africa - Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda!!!

Cheers,
Wagih

Thnx Khaled!!

By the way, I am going for my Full-time MBA at Manchester Business School...this year!! I am flying to the Uk from 17th of August!! Hope to get to see ya then!

I am currently working in East Africa - Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda!!!

Cheers,
Wagih

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Miami, Alexandria, Egypt 112 Followers 25 Discussions
New Cairo City, Egypt 32 Followers 13 Discussions
Paris, France 12 Followers 12 Discussions

Hot Discussions