MBA in General

asromavcs

Hi All,

To tell the thruth I have been considering to start an MBA for years, but until now I never really had the financial background (and time, etc) to go for it. This has changed and I decided to apply for one with a good reputation (with a start in 2011). I always thought that as an investment and "more expensive the school the better for the future".

Nevertheless my budget has certain limitations (fee + living expenses,travel,etc) and I would be grateful to get some advices and recommendations of schools in Europe. My budget is around 25,000-30,000 EUR (for tuition fee) and due to my work experience in CEE, I believe that Italian or German MBAs would fit me to the best as companies from these countries have an extensive presence in the region.

My questions are:
1. If it is right to restrict myself to those schools which suit the budget or worth to "find" an additional 5-10,000 EUR?
2. Which shcool offers the best value for many up to the budget?
3. Shall I consider other regions, countries (Spain or UK)?

Any advice is more than welcomed and highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

asromavcs

Hi All,

To tell the thruth I have been considering to start an MBA for years, but until now I never really had the financial background (and time, etc) to go for it. This has changed and I decided to apply for one with a good reputation (with a start in 2011). I always thought that as an investment and "more expensive the school the better for the future".

Nevertheless my budget has certain limitations (fee + living expenses,travel,etc) and I would be grateful to get some advices and recommendations of schools in Europe. My budget is around 25,000-30,000 EUR (for tuition fee) and due to my work experience in CEE, I believe that Italian or German MBAs would fit me to the best as companies from these countries have an extensive presence in the region.

My questions are:
1. If it is right to restrict myself to those schools which suit the budget or worth to "find" an additional 5-10,000 EUR?
2. Which shcool offers the best value for many up to the budget?
3. Shall I consider other regions, countries (Spain or UK)?

Any advice is more than welcomed and highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

asromavcs

Mesix

I am very pleased with the education that I am getting at the Goethe Business School in Frankfurt. I hear that the school in Mannheim is also highly regarded. Don't let the relative newness of MBA programs in Germany shy you away from them. MBAs are somewhat new since Germany had a different education system in the past and the Bologna process is standardizing requirements in Europe.

A couple more school where you might look are St. Gallen in Switzerland and WU in Austria. Both are top notch programs which are more established than the younger programs in Germany.

Good luck in you search.

I am very pleased with the education that I am getting at the Goethe Business School in Frankfurt. I hear that the school in Mannheim is also highly regarded. Don't let the relative newness of MBA programs in Germany shy you away from them. MBAs are somewhat new since Germany had a different education system in the past and the Bologna process is standardizing requirements in Europe.

A couple more school where you might look are St. Gallen in Switzerland and WU in Austria. Both are top notch programs which are more established than the younger programs in Germany.

Good luck in you search.
ralph

To the OP: We can help you a lot more if we had a sense of your background (undergrad degree, work experience, etc.)

To the OP: We can help you a lot more if we had a sense of your background (undergrad degree, work experience, etc.)
La Brujita

When considering to do your MBA in Germany or Italy, I would go for those four schools:

1. Mannheim: best German b-school, higly ranked internationally, triple accreditation
2. SDA Bocconi: by far the best school in Italy
3. WHU: good German school, large company network, but not as strong in the fulltime MBA as in the executive MBA, small fulltime class
4. Goethe Frankfurt: same level as WHU, but newcomer on the fulltime market, high share of Indian students

In the German speaking countries, Austrian WU Vienna and Swiss St. Gallen may also be a good choice.

When considering to do your MBA in Germany or Italy, I would go for those four schools:

1. Mannheim: best German b-school, higly ranked internationally, triple accreditation
2. SDA Bocconi: by far the best school in Italy
3. WHU: good German school, large company network, but not as strong in the fulltime MBA as in the executive MBA, small fulltime class
4. Goethe Frankfurt: same level as WHU, but newcomer on the fulltime market, high share of Indian students

In the German speaking countries, Austrian WU Vienna and Swiss St. Gallen may also be a good choice.

asromavcs

Mesix, La Brujita - Thank you for your recommendations, which are absolutely in line with my thoughts.

Ralph - with regards to your question, I do have a Business School Diploma in BABS (Oxford Brooks University) and I am working as an agent for one of the top 4 (JLL, Cushman Wakefield, CBRE and Colliers) international real estate consultant firm since 2005.

Mesix, La Brujita - Thank you for your recommendations, which are absolutely in line with my thoughts.

Ralph - with regards to your question, I do have a Business School Diploma in BABS (Oxford Brooks University) and I am working as an agent for one of the top 4 (JLL, Cushman Wakefield, CBRE and Colliers) international real estate consultant firm since 2005.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Milan, Italy 70 Followers 211 Discussions
Düsseldorf, Germany 80 Followers 207 Discussions
Mannheim, Germany 80 Followers 221 Discussions
St. Gallen, Switzerland 44 Followers 142 Discussions
Vienna, Austria 38 Followers 41 Discussions

Other Related Content

Oct 12, 2023

Calling All German MBA Hopefuls: Join the e-fellows MBA Days in Frankfurt and Hamburg

News Oct 12, 2023

Hot Discussions