work experience question

Hi...

This is my story. Finished UG with engineering degree in 2007 and worked in a software company for 11 months. then i decided to switch industries and joined a fertilizers manufacturing company. I have been here for 15 months. In the mean time i had prepared intensely for GMAT and then let it slack off due to workpressure. Now i'm working on my GMAT again and i think i will do better if i took GMAT by Feb end

The problem here is my work experience. While quitting from the software industry i was still a trainee (i had quit just 20 days before my probation period ended). and by the time i\'m planning to quit here, i will still be a trainee (the training period here is 1.5 yrs). this is more sort of a management trainee unlike the previous one, where i was a programmer trainee...

will my work experience help during application. what should be the GMAT score to aim for with this kind of work experience. My GPA is 2.9 and I 'm planning for HKUST/ NUS/ Nanyang...

I'm from India...

Thanks and Regards..

Hi...

This is my story. Finished UG with engineering degree in 2007 and worked in a software company for 11 months. then i decided to switch industries and joined a fertilizers manufacturing company. I have been here for 15 months. In the mean time i had prepared intensely for GMAT and then let it slack off due to workpressure. Now i'm working on my GMAT again and i think i will do better if i took GMAT by Feb end

The problem here is my work experience. While quitting from the software industry i was still a trainee (i had quit just 20 days before my probation period ended). and by the time i\'m planning to quit here, i will still be a trainee (the training period here is 1.5 yrs). this is more sort of a management trainee unlike the previous one, where i was a programmer trainee...

will my work experience help during application. what should be the GMAT score to aim for with this kind of work experience. My GPA is 2.9 and I 'm planning for HKUST/ NUS/ Nanyang...

I'm from India...

Thanks and Regards..
D.jung

Since you belong to one of the biggest and most competitive group of applicants(Indian software engineers), i would say you should aim to get more then 700 on your GMAT. about your work experience, your unconventional industry switch might help you - you just have to try and present it as an enriching experience during the interviews or essays - an experience which makes you a better(and more interesting) applicant...

Since you belong to one of the biggest and most competitive group of applicants(Indian software engineers), i would say you should aim to get more then 700 on your GMAT. about your work experience, your unconventional industry switch might help you - you just have to try and present it as an enriching experience during the interviews or essays - an experience which makes you a better(and more interesting) applicant...

thanks Jung

belonging to that "big group" itself was one of the reasons that i switched industries (although not with an MBA in mind). Felt like cattle being in a company with 50000+ employees worldwide.

thanks Jung

belonging to that "big group" itself was one of the reasons that i switched industries (although not with an MBA in mind). Felt like cattle being in a company with 50000+ employees worldwide.
kabir_mba

I agree, setting yourself apart from the others in a competitive group is a challenge. Switching to the new industry could give you a different perspective, one that you should be absolutely sure to acknowledge in your applications letters.

I agree with the previous poster who said that you should aim for a 700, or thereabouts.

I agree, setting yourself apart from the others in a competitive group is a challenge. Switching to the new industry could give you a different perspective, one that you should be absolutely sure to acknowledge in your applications letters.

I agree with the previous poster who said that you should aim for a 700, or thereabouts.

Reply to Post

Related Business Schools

Singapore 82 Followers 168 Discussions
Hong Kong, Hong Kong (PRC) 31 Followers 162 Discussions
Shenzhen, China 5 Followers 40 Discussions